System avatar - out of style?

00TK

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I still use the system body most of the time, I prefer it to be honest. Mesh bodies are all well and good and I own a few (maitreya and kemono) but....it gets tiresome trying to find clothing that doesn't make you look like either a 12 year old anime child, prostitute furry or a  back street thai hooker roughing it on a Sunday morning on holiday in an american hood. Plus I can usually get most things that I buy to fit the system body quite nicely even if they were originally made for one of the 234234234234234234234234234 mesh bodies out there. I don't really agree with those who hate on others for using mesh bodies or vice versa for those wearing system bodies....its SL....play it for you. I think people get too elitist sometimes over it, they feel that just because their ass and boobs are the meshed equivalent of a gigantic mountain of jiggling jello that all other players should follow the same rules. SL is your experience, screw the opinions of others and just wear whatever you want.

46 minutes ago, chibiusa Ling said:

I think people get too elitist sometimes over it, they feel that just because their ass and boobs are the meshed equivalent of a gigantic mountain of jiggling jello that all other players should follow the same rules.

This is basically just name calling.  There are elitist on both sides of this.  It really has nothing to do with mesh. And it certainly doesn't call for pointing out that they are jiggling mountains of jello lol.  You say you believe we all should let others wear what they want, yet belittle them at the same time o.O  

We all have our own aesthetics that we prefer.  I am of course going to wear what appeals to me.   But I for one , love having so many choices, I love seeing so many different types of looking AVs ....... even those that prefer a more voluptuous or "jiggling jello" body type.  It absolutely makes the SLworld a much more vibrant and interesting place when it is full of so many creative and customized looking AVs.  System, Mesh, furry, skinny or plump.  Bring it on!

On a side note: It still vexes me that people complain about mesh "clones" , yet fuss about anything that looks different from the only aesthetics they like ><

• Like 6

3 hours ago, chibiusa Ling said:

they feel that just because their ass and boobs are the meshed equivalent of a gigantic mountain of jiggling jello

Oddly, in the last 6 !/2 years, the WORST examples of "jiggling jello" were ALL system-avi's... Usually with awful physics that made them look like a Model T Ford pickup truck, that hadn't had a service in 80 years, with the engine left running...

*shudder wobble shake*

I don't really agree with those who hate on others for using mesh bodies

And yet you made a blatant and utterly fraudulent 'anti mesh' statement, quoted above...

it gets tiresome trying to find clothing that doesn't make you look like either a 12 year old anime child, prostitute furry or a  back street thai hooker roughing it on a Sunday morning on holiday in an american hood

And apparently you need lessons in basic shopping too... And possibly an enforced trip into a city, amongst "urbanites" so you can see that everyone who doesn't live in a middle class suburb, does NOT look like...

a  back street thai hooker roughing it on a Sunday morning on holiday in an american hood

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Bringing things back on topic, I see mesh heads (and mesh anything for that matter) as a function of utility. I use a mesh avatar. I do so because, as a child avatar, the system avatar doesn't scale down properly and still look human. Switching to mesh had a purpose behind it; I didn't want my torso looking like a bag of potatoes and my feet looking like door stops.

But I do not use a mesh head. Why? Aside from the outrageous prices, I see no utility in using one. The system head is very customizable, and I cannot tell whether someone else is using a mesh or system head if they have a carefully put together shape and high quality skin. Using a mesh head does not give me anything that I don't already have, so I see no reason to switch to one just because they are popular with fashion divas.

Also, I spend most of my time in SL looking at the back of my avatar's head, not the front.

Edited by HarrisonMcKenzie
  • Like 3

No one with half brain will think bad about you only because your avatar isn't mesh but having an updated look will benefit you in various situations. It is up to you to decide is the investment needed or you can live your SLife without it. 

If you are unemployed in RL and without any skills, it would be rather stupid to think mesh avatar is your priority. But if you are merchant or a blogger who works in SL marketing industry, updated look is very much needed. 

3 hours ago, Tamara Artis said:

No one with half brain will think bad about you only because your avatar isn't mesh but having an updated look will benefit you in various situations. It is up to you to decide is the investment needed or you can live your SLife without it. 

Agreed. I have seen, even as recently as the last week or two, fully system avatars that look *better* than many mesh avatars.

It's about doing the shape right and having the right skin, etc.

Edit to add: Now that I think about it, I'm going to dig up my best full-system avie and see if I can update it with some meshy clothes and any touch-ups. Then go sim-skipping to nudie beaches just to see if the cat-call still come. Just for fun. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Agreed. I have seen, even as recently as the last week or two, fully system avatars that look *better* than many mesh avatars.

It's about doing the shape right and having the right skin, etc. 

With all the mesh competition, has it gotten harder to find good system skin?

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

With all the mesh competition, has it gotten harder to find good system skin?

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, but not impossible.

I still have my kick@$$ skin from before. :)

It's a good reason to go through all the old stuff (makeups, outfits, tattoos and thing) in preparation bor Bakes on mesh! ??

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Oddly, in the last 6 !/2 years, the WORST examples of "jiggling jello" were ALL system-avi's... Usually with awful physics that made them look like a Model T Ford pickup truck, that hadn't had a service in 80 years, with the engine left running...

*shudder wobble shake*

I dont discount this, system body physics are utterly hilarious at times, however when you said..

And yet you made a blatant and utterly fraudulent 'anti mesh' statement, quoted above...

That was not meant towards anyone specific or offensively, was just me trying to be humorous about the attitudes I see in the communities I hang around in. How about I take a 4/10 marking and go back comedy school?. Would that make you happy? (You have no choice I'm taking that 4/10..xD)

And apparently you need lessons in basic shopping too... And possibly an enforced trip into a city, amongst "urbanites" so you can see that everyone who doesn't live in a middle class suburb, does NOT look like...

Again....comedic reference....I am more than aware that not everyone in SL who has a mesh body dresses or looks this way. In the communities I hang out in however, yes they do

When I started I had no clue about the different mesh types. The only thing I saw is that I can wear anything like TMP or something else. Only thing I needed to find an alpha layer what covers as much as it possible. So I think I have ore option then ppl with specific mesh body's. 

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.