Offering Windlight Setting Changes

Candice Nikita

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently, I have been to some places that upon landing, I get a blue drop down offer to change my Windlight Setting.

Can someone tell me how to offer this on my land.  I do own the sim, divided into three parcels...one is rented and the other two are mine and group owned.  I want to be able to offer thos on one of the ones that is group owned. 

Tou may contact me in-world or respond here.    Thank you

Ah, you may be right, Griffin. I had heard that Phoenix and some other TPV;s were trying to figure out a way to do that.

But if that is what they encountered, it will only work for Phoenix viewer users. No one else would ever see it. And from what I read in a brief look at the page you linked to, it can only reference the default preset Windlight settings. You couldn't make your own custom settings and give them out on arrival that way.

I've never used any other TPVs (well, I tried Kirsten's, but it would crash almost immediately), but Phoenix does have a setting  to enable/disable it in Preferences. Dunno if any othe others have that option yet.

Phoenix does come with a lot more presets than the official viewer, most of them Torley's.

• Lindens

(I'm sorry if you noticed a hiccup! I accidentally broke this thread in two and re-merged it. Carry on. *sigh*)

I'm so glad Phoenix has included my settings so that more Residents can enjoy them! I'm often out and about and notice one of my settings in the parcel description — parcel WindLight is so clever!

Also, we haven't officially forgotten about server-side WindLight!

I'm going to move this thread too, since Community Feedback is really about specific suggestions for community.secondlife.com

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.