Animesh/possible scripting question

Olivia Yokosuka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

It’s question about upcoming animated mesh aka Animesh.

From what I hear whatever you want to be attached to Animesh object will need to be linked to this object before a whole (Animesh part including) linkset thing is rezzed inworld.

I wanted to create an Animesh animal/pet. I wanted it to have possibility to attach rigged or non-rigged accessories to it (just like you attach things to avatar - not Wear, I know Wear is function reserved only for avatars). Turns out it won’t be possible.

Do I understand it well and if so, does anyone know about a workaround?

Edited by Olivia Yokosuka

3 hours ago, Olivia Yokosuka said:

Do I understand it well and if so, does anyone know about a workaround?

Yes, you understand it well ^_^

Right now I think the best "workaround" is to be patient. Linden Lab is working on it and they're planning to introduce animesh to SL later this year.

The very near future, yes. Until then, you can do some limited animation with Puppeteer and similar routines that have been available for many years, or you can write complex LSL scripts that animate an object frame by frame, the way dinosaurs in Linden Lab's PaleoQuest apparently work, for example.

29 minutes ago, Rhiannon Arkin said:

so what does puppeteer do?  

Take a look >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Puppeteer

Transparency animation isn't a bad solution either, except that it means that you need to add up the L.I. for every single one of the mesh objects in your animation set.  That's not a serious issue for something that is fairly simple, but you certainly don't want to animate, say, a scarecrow like that.

5 hours ago, Chellynne Bailey said:

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping this will encourage mesh clothing makers to make things mod so you can link it to a animesh dummy you have set up...

Indeed, I never did understand why creators don't make things mod.  It doesn't deprive you of any business really, as long as trans is not set.

and a BIG HUG for Omega!

On 05/09/2017 at 10:35 AM, anna2358 said:

Indeed, I never did understand why creators don't make things mod.  It doesn't deprive you of any business really, as long as trans is not set.

and a BIG HUG for Omega!

I don't understand either why thigns are made no mod. There are plenty of beautiful things in SL, the problem is that they might have no materials. If the object was modifiable I could ad some shine for example to jewelry items. Then they would be even more beautiful. The designer lost absolutyle nothing for me adding the shine. On the contrary, the designer would have won as I very well might go and buy more things from that designer who sets their designs modifiable. No mod, umm.. I would not be very interested to buy more things. So, with no mod the designer actually loses business. Do you hear designers? Mofiable, thank you! :):/

4 hours ago, Aminlove Faulkes said:

What exactly is Animesh ? Can someone point me to a place to read about it ?

Unless you go to the meetings yourself, the best place to read summaries and analyses is usually Nalates's blog.  In this case, take a look at http://blog.nalates.net/2017/09/04/second-life-content-creation-2017-w35/#more-18358 for the latest word.  Search her blog for "Animesh" to read previous posts.  I suggest also following Inara Pey's blog for her own summaries of the same meetings and for her insights into any new features being contemplated by Linden Lab.  Her latest post on Animesh is at https://modemworld.me/2017/09/02/sl-project-updates-week-352-content-creation-ug/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.