Support Email

Ovan Jinx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I log off Second life, try logging back on and my account got locked after try to log on so many time, I email support for Second Life, the community site only thing, I am still log on to I have not log off.

they asking me 

What is the geographic location you registered the account from (City, State/Province, Country)?

What is the geographic location you last logged into the account from (City, State/Province, Country)?

any one know what they're asking? if is it the IP location?

11 answers to this question

It's quite straightforward:  (1) Where were you when you created your SL account? (2) Where were you the last time you logged in?

I can think of at least three reasons why they might ask:

1. If you are in a country that requires you to pay VAT on purchases, they need to verify that you are still a resident there.

2. If you have been trying to log on many times, they may suspect that you are trying to hack the system, so they want to be sure you own the account.

3. If you have logged in repeatedly in a short time but are not registered as a scripted agent (a bot), they want to verify that you are a real person.

Edited by Rolig Loon

20 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's quite straightforward:  (1) Where were you when you created your SL account? (2) Where were you the last time you logged in?

I can think of at least three reasons why they might ask:

1. If you are in a country that requires you to pay VAT on purchases, they need to verify that you are still a resident there.

2. If you have been trying to log on many times, they may suspect that you are trying to hack the system, so they want to be sure you own the account.

3. If you have logged in repeatedly in a short time but are not registered as a scripted agent (a bot), they want to verify that you are a real person.

I told them and they tell me, "it does not match" for both, I know what country and state I made it in and log in, the only thing I did not give them is the IP address. I still don't know way my PW stop working, I use the remember username and PW.

One thing occurs to me ...... I notice that you have a legacy name and that you entered SL on November 28, 2008, yet you are a newbie here.  I have to ask, are you the person who opened this account or did you somehow get it from someone else?  That may be exactly what Linden Lab wants to know too.

3 hours ago, Ovan Jinx said:

What is the geographic location you registered the account from (City, State/Province, Country)?

What is the geographic location you last logged into the account from (City, State/Province, Country)?

I think they've started asking these questions for support tickets when normal password reset doesn't work for you.  I had a friend recently go through this.  She lives part of her year in one area and part in another, but also travels a bit in an RV because they are retired.  She's not sure where she was when she created the account 9-10 yrs ago and her first answer was not correct.

Given the mobility of some people these days, I'm not so sure that first question is a good idea - especially with accounts older than a few years.  The second question is easy enough to answer, assuming you log in with any sort of regularity.

yeah, I answer both they said it did not match, I was just playing on Aug 26/2017 then I log off restart the game, The remember me for username and password stopped working on me when I try logging back on, that when I got locked out. I was logged on to the main web page on the same day.

they need to make it if you get locked out, have the I for got my password reset your PW and unlock it the same time.

Edited by Ovan Jinx

I

1 minute ago, Ovan Jinx said:

yeah, I answer both they said it did not match, I was just playing on Aug 26/2017 then I log off restart the game, The remember me for username and password stopped working on me when I try logging back on, that when I got locked out. I was logged on to the main web page on the same day.

If your account got hacked someone else could have logged in after you did and changed the password -- maybe talk to Support about that possibility.

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If your account got hacked someone else could have logged in after you did and changed the password -- maybe talk to Support about that possibility.

Their one's told me my Info don't match and closed the support case and said to make a new account to day. so my 9-year-old account is gone >:(

Edited by Ovan Jinx

47 minutes ago, Ovan Jinx said:

Their one's told me my Info don't match and closed the support case and said to make a new account to day. so my 9-year-old account is gone >:(

Re-open the ticket or open a new one.  Personally, I'd keep fighting it if I knew I was in the right.

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Re-open the ticket or open a new one.  Personally, I'd keep fighting it if I knew I was in the right.

I may try again soon, I just need to try to remember more info on my account, last time I looked at my info was 9 years ago :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.