Jump to content

My land lady is ok with perving?


JennyGully
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Firestorm will let you go to pretty much any height with a text command. I assume it's the LSL bridge that does it. I believe LL changed the max fly height (non-vehicle) a few years or so ago to allow any avatar to fly above 4096m without a gadget, but there was a new limit (IIRC).

I have a HUD that boosts my speed. I like to cross chunks of mainland at 5000m (avoids running through skyboxes) at max boost. I just timed it -- 40 seconds to fly across 10 regions. If I'm spending 4 seconds in a region, a 'no fly' parcel would barely affect me. By the time a security orb sends me a get lost message I'm in the next region. Also, at that speed I usually go through skyboxes rather than be stopped by them. It's much easier to stay high above them though.

ETA: I was flying 64m/s, or around 143 miles/hour. Wish I could do that IRL. I could get to work in 19 minutes.

Edited by Parhelion Palou
geekiness
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Parhelion Palou said:

ETA: I was flying 64m/s, or around 143 miles/hour. Wish I could do that IRL. I could get to work in 19 minutes.

Back when I had a work to get to, I'd have to go 10mm/s to take 19 minutes. At 64m/s I wouldn't be able to make the turn at the bottom of the front staircase. I'd plow through the wall and end up in the yard.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

at 1800+ meters above the ground with fly disabled? Yeh I think he'll be busted rather fast.

At any level unless you directly catch someone using a viewer with flight restriction override or catch them jumping to stay at a single altitude/maintain flight you simply will not be able to tell.

If you find someone on top of or inside your high altitude skybox there are a number of ways they could have gotten up there, all of which have been mentioned in this thread already with the exception of direct map teleporting; Pick a spot in a sim, set the Z coordinate to a high enough level and then teleport.

In any event you're quite welcome to assume that no one you know has ever utilized any of these methods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Are they? O.o

Well, I don't remember enabling them. 

Yep, they're off by default...whether that's intentional or not, I have no clue(I'm guessing it is)

When the forums first came back online in this particular form, I didn't pay much attention, it took me almost two weeks to realize I didn't see signatures, lol, since they used to be default on(I'm not even sure we could turn them off with the old software, but I might be wrong on that, I never looked). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2017 at 1:59 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

All generalizations are false. 

I do not appreciate your lies about my behavior.  If you have a problem with someone's posts, why not mention them directly?  I would also like to see what you think is an attempt to shame Jenny.  By the way, Jenny is also part of "everyone in these forums" that you accuse of shaming Jenny herself.

To sum up the thread for those who are not following what's happening.

Jenny: I can't eject pervs and my landlord doesn't care.  Is that weird? Is it OK that I left because of that?
Lillith: The last time we talked you were looking at buying.  Looks like you settled on renting.  You only get the permissions the owner gives.  There is not any real privacy in SL but you can find places with more permissions for you.
Jenny: Right.  I was renting and wondered if buying was a better optio for security.
Alwin: Good job on getting out.
Pam (to Lilith about the no privacy statement): SL is not set up to accommodate the very modest.
Akasha: I need security options if I rent. (to Pam): If my modest ass is seen it should be my choice.
Jenny: Exactly!
Jenny: The landlord and I are still friends and they have no hard feelings.
Jenny laughs at Pam's modesty comment.
Alwin: If all is good.  Why bring it up?
Jenny: Wanted to know if I was being rude.
Cindy posts a meme about confusion.  (My take is, why would Jenny think it was rude to leave where she was not comfortable.)
Jenny laughs: Just making sure.  It's 4:20 here ...
Love makes sarcastic comment about landlady.
Tari: Glad it worked out.
Jenny: Is Love serious?
Jenny, Lilith Qie and Chic talk about land ownership. Alwin makes a psudo-grumpy comment.
Talli supports Jenny. Love the 2nd and Callum engage in off topic flirts with Talli.
Lil teases Alwin about the not really grumpy comment.
Chase asks about the guy in original post and sides with Jenny
Jenny: He was just some dude.
[more off topic banter]
Ceka posts a rocking fantasy pic with dragons!
Chase: If you want to rent, I can recommend a few places with what you are wanting.

00TK: you are all a bunch of trolls.

Lillith: ??

It kind of winds out of control from there.   Accusations based on misinterpretations and people asking where the accusations are coming from leads us to here.

 

4

Wow. Your interest in shutting down discussion outside the very strict parameters you have apparently set for yourself in Second Life are evidence enough of your specific shaming. Sheesh.

As a resident on the grid since 2005, I disagree with most of your assertions that privacy is not a right and unobtainable. Good luck with that. 

Edited by Lada Charlton
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2017 at 11:30 AM, Pamela Galli said:

My store is set up for flyers. I almost never get inquiries about where to find something, although the store is four regions full of stuff.

 I almost always fly around there, rarely have a problem locating what I'm looking for, thanks, Pamela!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lada Charlton said:

Your interest in shutting down discussion outside the very strict parameters you have apparently set for yourself in Second Life are evidence enough of your specific shaming.

I don''t see where she is trying to shut anything down. She simply summarized the thread to make it easier to follow. Your accusation makes no sense.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lada Charlton said:

Wow. Your interest in shutting down discussion outside the very strict parameters you have apparently set for yourself in Second Life are evidence enough of your specific shaming. Sheesh.

As a resident on the grid since 2005, I disagree with most of your assertions that privacy is not a right and unobtainable. Good luck with that. 

You imagine that a summary of the thread is an attempt to shut it down? You imagine that a summary of the thread shames the summariser? That's some imagination you have there. Unfortunately, it led you astray. You need to read the thread again, or maybe read the whole thread for the first time ;)

You also need to understand SL. In spite of your long-time residency, you imagine that we have rights that we don't have. I think it's your own desires, coupled with your imagination, that led you astray there. A large degree of privacy can be had, but it's not a right in SL. In other words, privacy isn't upheld by the ToS. Rights are upheld by laws in RL and rules (ToS) in SL, but privacy in SL isn't one of them. In RL, we have laws against trespass, but not in SL. It's why we have tools, such as eject, send home, mute, etc. They are there to uphold our desires, not our rights or any law/rule.

Perhaps a little more thought before posting would help.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2017 at 8:19 AM, JennyGully said:

So I liked this beach hut and waited almost 6 months to rent it. I left my current house which I had land in because the owner kindly sold me a piece for this beach hut because I loved the view so much. I rent it for a month. 2weeks pass by . yesterday this Swedish dude passes by my house says hi Jenny. We have a decent convo. Then he sits next to me and poses on top of me a few times I get up. I tell him I have a bf very nicely. He says thank you it was nice speaking to you. I go inside my hut with the door shut. He proceeds to stand here for 20 minutes as I change. He tells me well I can see thru your door and you look nice. I could not eject him cuz its  Not my land so I blocked him.  My landlady after I told her this found nothing wrong. Was I wrong or was she?

And this right here is why i rent a 4096 on an island.. I have complete , except for Lindens and landlords, control over who can and cant enter thanks to my trusty rusty security orb. And technically, i can set it so no one can enter. At least once anyway, the Lindens can override it and my estate manager can too, i think. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

And this right here is why i rent a 4096 on an island.. I have complete , except for Lindens and landlords, control over who can and cant enter thanks to my trusty rusty security orb. And technically, i can set it so no one can enter. At least once anyway, the Lindens can override it and my estate manager can too, i think. 

There are actually many rentals on the mainland where you get full ban/eject priviledges and can set the parcel so that people outside it cannot see people inside it.  It is all about finding the right place with the right priviledges.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

And this right here is why i rent a 4096 on an island.. I have complete , except for Lindens and landlords, control over who can and cant enter thanks to my trusty rusty security orb. And technically, i can set it so no one can enter. At least once anyway, the Lindens can override it and my estate manager can too, i think. 

If the estate owner is not or is unable to give you land permissions on that plot, something is quite wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are actually many rentals on the mainland where you get full ban/eject priviledges and can set the parcel so that people outside it cannot see people inside it.  It is all about finding the right place with the right priviledges.

i prefer estates as i can then change the land name to my store so i can set the land to find in search.. Unless i outright rent from LL, cant do that on mainland. 

2 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

If the estate owner is not or is unable to give you land permissions on that plot, something is quite wrong.

Oh, i have full land perms, i just have an orb at ground level and my store is at 2500m. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

i prefer estates as i can then change the land name to my store so i can set the land to find in search.. Unless i outright rent from LL, cant do that on mainland. 

That, too, is a very commonly granted permission on Mainland rentals that use lease-dedicated landowning groups. The specific Ability is "Change parcel name, description, and 'Moderate Content' settings" that is very often included with tenant roles.

(Actually enabling the "show in search" feature on a Mainland rental parcel may involve a L$30/wk rent increase, though, because it's going to be paid by the landowning group, not an individual landowner as it may be in an Estate rental.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

That, too, is a very commonly granted permission on Mainland rentals that use lease-dedicated landowning groups. The specific Ability is "Change parcel name, description, and 'Moderate Content' settings" that is very often included with tenant roles.

(Actually enabling the "show in search" feature on a Mainland rental parcel may involve a L$30/wk rent increase, though, because it's going to be paid by the landowning group, not an individual landowner as it may be in an Estate rental.)

But you cant deed mainland to a group... And that is the main reason for me to rent on an estate.. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

But you cant deed mainland to a group... And that is the main reason for me to rent on an estate.. 

Not sure what you mean. Most of Mainland is group-owned.

It's true that a Mainland rental can't simply be deeded directly by the landlord to a tenant's pre-existing store group, but as I said above it's usually easier to not use a store group for land ownership, even if no rental is involved. Nonetheless, I've certainly allowed tenants to use their store groups if they really wanted, or (better) another group for which they're founder -- but they need to drop from Owner role for the duration of the rental because there's no way to strip Owners of permission to sell or abandon the land. Obviously they have to trust the landlord to be responsible with the group role, but that doesn't seem a very big leap.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Qie Niangao said:

Not sure what you mean. Most of Mainland is group-owned.

It's true that a Mainland rental can't simply be deeded directly by the landlord to a tenant's pre-existing store group, but as I said above it's usually easier to not use a store group for land ownership, even if no rental is involved. Nonetheless, I've certainly allowed tenants to use their store groups if they really wanted, or (better) another group for which they're founder -- but they need to drop from Owner role for the duration of the rental because there's no way to strip Owners of permission to sell or abandon the land. Obviously they have to trust the landlord to be responsible with the group role, but that doesn't seem a very big leap.

Yeah, not my group...

It is far easier and less of a hassle to just rent from an estate.. Not sure why that is such an issue for you. Or even why you are so against it. But hey, they must give you a deal for each mainland plot someone rents.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a big deal for me because I own Mainland and rent some of it out. You got a problem with that?

I also rent some from an Estate, but just because it's a cool community, not because it offers any particular advantages of commercial convenience. If I were renting an entire sim with full Estate Manager control, however, then there are plenty of extra control options for Estate compared to Mainland.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 8/31/2017 at 9:15 AM, Morgan Rosenstar said:

Yes, you're so full of love. I can't wait to see you giving all this love to an updated/meshed family.

You’re judging my character based on me saying “I hate the forums” ?

also you said “no” to my claim that she felt violated but:

 

He tells me well I can see thru your door and you look nice. I could not eject him cuz its  Not my land so I blocked him.“

 

that doesn’t sound like someone who feels violated to you?

I don’t understand how you can disagree with my angry comment about the way people tend to respond rudely in the forums and then take it upon yourself to make a nasty claim about my character when you don’t know anything about me. You don’t see any irony there? I said something nasty when I was angry because I felt like someone was not being treated with empathy, but you’re leaving a nasty response directed at me for what reason?

Edited by 00TK
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 00TK said:

You’re judging my character based on me saying “I hate the forums” ?

(...)

No.

5 hours ago, 00TK said:

You don’t see any irony there?

Indeed, you've already shown that you've a selecting reading and then come back months later to prove it again.

5 hours ago, 00TK said:

directed at me for what reason?

Here's the answer to your question :

5 hours ago, 00TK said:

I said something nasty

 

5 hours ago, 00TK said:

you don’t know anything about me.

You don't know me either but you've no problem to claim that "everyone is so heartless". But you judging others is fine, no problem... I see. On the other hand if someone protest and contest this false affirmation, tada it confirms your false affirmation. Really?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...