My land lady is ok with perving?

JennyGully

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, JennyGully said:

I just wanted to know if she was right or I was wrong in the discussion there were no hard feelings I should have worded my topic different.

Right and wrong work a little different in SL, everyone in is there because they choose to be, if you arn't having a good time, you need to go get a book or something. Each of us have the right to do whatever makes us happy, SL is big enough that we should be able to do that without interfering with others. Yes, you have a right to privacy if you want it, but your landlord has a right to rent out here land and not provide that service. You are the one with a choice, put up with her way, or find a new place. I know where I rent you cannot see inside the rentals, even through the french doors, that you can see out of just fine. That actually isn't a feature i really want, because even when i stand out in the street naked, no one can see me, all they see is an avatar I created

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Right and wrong work a little different in SL, everyone in is there because they choose to be, if you arn't having a good time, you need to go get a book or something. Each of us have the right to do whatever makes us happy, SL is big enough that we should be able to do that without interfering with others. Yes, you have a right to privacy if you want it, but your landlord has a right to rent out here land and not provide that service. You are the one with a choice, put up with her way, or find a new place. I know where I rent you cannot see inside the rentals, even through the french doors, that you can see out of just fine. That actually isn't a feature i really want, because even when i stand out in the street naked, no one can see me, all they see is an avatar I created

Avatar you created but wouldn't that be you?

Who is this " Swedish dude?" ... Is he another tenant on the sim, a friend of your landlord? I am really confused why there was no security on the property. Was it a shared space situation, or what Chic described?

Typically you should have abilities to govern who has access to your lot. Most landlords provide a security system, so you as the tenant, can decide who has access to your property. Generally speaking, tenants do not have the ability to ban people, only to eject. Banning would typically involve the landlord. If it is a shared space situation, or community housing, you of course will be limited in what abilities you have.

I'd say that was very generous that she offered you the money back. Many might not be so gracious. Unless it was a requirement, I wouldn't pay out the month, but instead go week to week to see if I was happy with the space before committing to an extended period of time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

:P

@JennyGully - Totally ignore this.  We use the forums for chatting all the time.

Girl i don't pay attention to grumpy people. And I want to thank you for not being rude to me like several people have unnecessarily been thank you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chase01 said:

Who is this " Swedish dude?" ... Is he another tenant on the sim, a friend of your landlord? I am really confused why there was no security on the property. Was it a shared space situation, or what Chic descri

He was just visiting the island for a friend. No he was not a tenant. I was.nope no security in the entire Sim. I didn't necessarily want to ban him just wanted to eject. It was her Sim and I rented a beach hut in it.

2 hours ago, JennyGully said:

And I want to thank you for not being rude to me like several people have unnecessarily been thank you?

YW - You just have to learn how to ignore a lot of what is posted in the forums and have thick skin.

Or really confuse them all and just constantly thank them for their kind advice.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Similar  coincidence happened to me the other day, when I was in some really intense training with my dragons..Only I didn't know they were outside looking in at the time..

I heard them trip over the watering can for my flowers outside.. That kind of triggered a spontaneous reaction from me, which kind of had them running away in terror with their britches in flames..

Never sneak around on anyone,I mean anyone, if you see flames coming from their palms and any dragons in the room..It just never ends well..

36086465093_bc0196966c_o.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JennyGully said:

He was just visiting the island for a friend. No he was not a tenant. I was.nope no security in the entire Sim. I didn't necessarily want to ban him just wanted to eject. It was her Sim and I rented a beach hut in it.

It sounds like it was an open gate community being there was no security system in place. For those wanting any form of privacy, it isn't going to be there. lol

If you ever decide to rent again, I think my landlord has some open spaces. It is a quiet community, no lag, and never had any issues with griefing whatsoever. The landlord is responsive and accommodating. Feel free to hit me up in world and I can pass along his info if you want.

• Like 1

I hate the forums, everyone is so heartless. She felt violated, she was justified in wanting to leave. Why are people defending the pervert? "There's no real privacy in SL", get a grip. Just because it's possible to perv doesn't mean it's right or that it's wrong for someone to want privacy on land they payed to rent for themself.

• Like 3

Okay, okay. I should have said "some people" instead of everyone. It just annoyed me, some of the things people said. I think it's rude to tell someone that "thats just the way things are" when they come for help. You know?

Edited by 00TK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 00TK said:

Okay, okay. I should have said "some people" instead of everyone. It just annoyed me, some of the things people said. I think it's rude to tell someone that "thats just the way things are" when they come for help. You know?

Unfortunately, sometimes that really is the only answer in SL and you either figure out how to deal with it or you are miserable all the time or you leave.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Unfortunately, sometimes that really is the only answer in SL and you either figure out how to deal with it or you are miserable all the time or you leave.

I tell my kids: "deal with reality or reality will deal with you". 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 00TK said:

I think it's rude to tell someone that "thats just the way things are" when they come for help. You know?

There are a two big things in SL that are hard and fast facts (and a bunch of smaller ones I won't go into):

• There is absolutely and utterly no privacy in SL
  • The best solution to ______ is mute and ignore

Sugar coating these is a disservice to people. They need to be clearly and succinctly said, clear enough that even the sort of person who put suntan cream on their eyeballs during the eclipse (it happened a lot) would understand.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

Well, I beg to differ. Rent a whole sim lol. I love mine haha. 

It's still just an illusion of privacy.

I have a full, and 2 homesteads that I pay teir to LL for, I rent an additional homestead for pets as I need it.

Estate managers, estate owners and Lindens can always enter anytime they like. Even if you lock down the region and add orbs, they can still enter and they can still remain, they can always walk through ban lines.

And of course, even if they are ethical and don't enter the region, all your chat is unencrypted UDP and readable at any point on the internet.

More stalker wise; Anyone who knows where you "live" can of course easily track the number/positions of green dots in your sim. A single visit will disclose what's at common idle positions. (hmm, 3 dots where that sex bed was woohoo)

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Sel read

What do you mean? You're so rude, lol. ;) 

16 hours ago, 00TK said:

I hate the forums

Yes, you're so full of love. I can't wait to see you giving all this love to an updated/meshed family.

16 hours ago, 00TK said:

She felt violated

No.

I rent one of these 'skybox' things. Is that a total newb thing to be doing? Do I have privacy in one of those?

Is is possible for other people to just turn up there? I guess they would need to know the exact coords to teleport to, am i right? It's in the sky.

Maybe one for a different convo but seemed sorta related. Hmm.

Do most people own their own place / land?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

There are a two big things in SL that are hard and fast facts (and a bunch of smaller ones I won't go into):

• There is absolutely and utterly no privacy in SL
  • The best solution to ______ is mute and ignore

Sugar coating these is a disservice to people. They need to be clearly and succinctly said, clear enough that even the sort of person who put suntan cream on their eyeballs during the eclipse (it happened a lot) would understand.

good 2 know

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.