My land lady is ok with perving?

JennyGully

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I liked this beach hut and waited almost 6 months to rent it. I left my current house which I had land in because the owner kindly sold me a piece for this beach hut because I loved the view so much. I rent it for a month. 2weeks pass by . yesterday this Swedish dude passes by my house says hi Jenny. We have a decent convo. Then he sits next to me and poses on top of me a few times I get up. I tell him I have a bf very nicely. He says thank you it was nice speaking to you. I go inside my hut with the door shut. He proceeds to stand here for 20 minutes as I change. He tells me well I can see thru your door and you look nice. I could not eject him cuz its  Not my land so I blocked him.  My landlady after I told her this found nothing wrong. Was I wrong or was she?

Edited by JennyGully

You recently had a "Should I buy land?" thread with very detailed answers and opinions as replies.

And yet it seems that you have settled for some sort of "rental" that isn't even the common norm of land rental in SL. According to your report, you simply seem to pay for a "right to stay and look at the view", but you do not have any land rights like freezing, ejecting or banning. Can you at least rez your own objects? If you can, look for a decent security orb and set it up properly to guard your ground. Then, like you did, muting annoying unwanted folks plus derendering and blacklisting them, if your viewer offers such features.

You hopefully are aware that a closed door means nothing in terms of privacy in SL. 

Besides... I honestly cannot imagine that there'd be such a unique view and/or house which cannot be recreated anywhere else. But that's a different story.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, JennyGully said:

My landlady after I told her this found nothing wrong. Was I wrong for moving out and asking my refund?

what is wrong... you didn't feel comfortable there, and it's always your right as renter to leave ... a refund however might be a bit to much, you have the duty as renter to chck what you rent. Depening on the rental agreement you can get no refund.

but taking in consideration there's no real privacy on sl, and i think there is no parcelling where you rent to set invisiblility, you overreacted a bit .. and lets be honest, a guy that gets on you for several times before you stand up, might have a bit different intentions than a nice talk...and what's really harmed with looking at some pixels?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I´d never rent land without security options... I had ban lines as high as I was allowed to, land set to my personal group only and what else - oh and Wooden and Stone walls along the edges ^^

too delicate or not if I want Akasha´s naked arse to be out there I take pics and post them to flickr or here (gonna get said arse slapped for doing so I spose XD) or go to one of the nude /sex sims ^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

what is wrong... you didn't feel comfortable there, and it's always your right as renter to leave ... a refund however might be a bit to much, you have the duty as renter to chck what you rent. Depening on the rental agreement you can get no refund.

but taking in consideration there's no real privacy on sl, and i think there is no parcelling where you rent to set invisiblility, you overreacted a bit .. and lets be honest, a guy that gets on you for several times before you stand up, might have a bit different intentions than a nice talk...and what's really harmed with looking at some pixels?

I actually don't mind just didn't want to be bothered right at that moment. After a couple of mins I understood what he was doing just thought I had the right to eject him like I do in the house I am now. I don't think I overreacted  I didn't asked for a refund she kindly offered. The whole exchange was civil and we're still friends. Its her land she can do as she pleases I guess I didn't like that I couldn't eject someone that's all.

3 minutes ago, JennyGully said:

I didn't asked for a refund she kindly offered.

45 minutes ago, JennyGully said:

Was I wrong for moving out and asking my refund?

don't blame me for mentioning it... you said it yourself... ...

and why in heavensname you post it on the forums if all is solved in friendship??? weird if you ask me.. or at least worth raising a brow.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

You recently had a "Should I buy land?" thread with very detailed answers and opinions as replies.

And yet it seems that you have settled for some sort of "rental" that isn't even the common norm of land rental in SL. According to your report, you simply seem to pay for a "right to stay and look at the view", but you do not have any land rights like freezing, ejecting or banning. Can you at least rez your own objects? If you can, look for a decent security orb and set it up properly to guard your ground. Then, like you did, muting annoying unwanted folks plus derendering and blacklisting them, if your viewer offers such features.

You hopefully are aware that a closed door means nothing in terms of privacy in SL. 

Besides... I honestly cannot imagine that there'd be such a unique view and/or house which cannot be recreated anywhere else. But that's a different story.

Right because if I'm renting I figure i should just buy land. You can see what everyone's doing I understood that. Thank you for your advice and reply?

13 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

I´d never rent land without security options... I had ban lines as high as I was allowed to, land set to my personal group only and what else - oh and Wooden and Stone walls along the edges ^^

too delicate or not if I want Akasha´s naked arse to be out there I take pics and post them to flickr or here (gonna get said arse slapped for doing so I spose XD) or go to one of the nude /sex sims ^^

Exactly  this was my point I guess that couldn't articulate. Thank you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

don't blame me for mentioning it... you said it yourself... ...

and why in heavensname you post it on the forums if all is solved in friendship??? weird if you ask me.. or at least worth raising a brow.

Wanted to know if I was being rude. Or a *****

1 hour ago, JennyGully said:

Hahahahahah 

I just wanted to know if she was right or I was wrong in the discussion there were no hard feelings I should have worded my topic different.

I am pretty high right now

Not so sure it's all that funny to be honest. I'm glad you two sorted it out, but, ya know, threads asking if such and such person was in the wrong-even if they don't name and shame-tend to not go so well for at least one party(and often, not the party that is deserving of it). This is how rumors get started ;) 

Drugs and posting are bad mmkay? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I already had a established little piece of land that I owned For 7 months but I really just wanted to try this beach hut as like a vacation place would you say  because it was cheap low lag and had a club nearby. I didn't realize there was no security and such which would make it my fault. The should I buy land thread was to know the difference what I have now and being a premium member and yes there were wonderful answers. I have not covered a lot of areas in SL so I thought these forums could help me

"Low lag" and "a club  nearby" is usually a contradiction in itself, but well...

It is also perfectly fine to rent two places, as long as you can afford it. No need to give up your main location if you just want a little outlet somewhere else ... the only thing you cannot do is owning two Linden Homes with the same account, at least to my knowledge.

Plus, quoting specific parts of a post tends to be more helpful than a full quote including unrelated stuff

Just a general note as I didn't notice this mentioned when scanning the thread, there is a DIFFERENCE between renting land (where you most always get rights often including terraforming)  and renting a house or apartment. Typically the houses (usually small as in the beach hut) or the apartments (typically stacked vertically) share the same land area. So there are many fewer rights that go along with the rental. 

This is not unusual at all. The same is sometimes true for shops. So it is always wise to see if each building is on its own land plot and/or ask the landowner about renters abilities. These are sometimes mentioned in the rental card. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.