deleteing account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok ok how does one delete their account??

I went to my account/ dashboard found where it say delete account followed the steps

But my account is still here?

I'm here? I tried to do it again now it won't let me 

Being held here against my will  HELP!!   I really just want to go 

I guess I could delete everything else and abandon ship..lmbo!!

2 hours ago, Pager29 said:

Ok ok how does one delete their account??

I went to my account/ dashboard found where it say delete account followed the steps

But my account is still here?

I'm here? I tried to do it again now it won't let me 

Being held here against my will  HELP!!   I really just want to go 

I guess I could delete everything else and abandon ship..lmbo!!

Assuming you are just a basic account, I suggest that you just walk away. It may take sometime before LL "deletes" the registration.

Cindy Evanier makes a good point. The account may not be completely wiped from the system, should you decide to come back at a later date. If that's the case, expect a $9.95 (?) charge to reinstate.

Take care Pager, in your travels.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

If you think SL is ultimately detrimental to you and you doubt you have the willpower to stay away, it'll take some effort to lock yourself out.

Go to the change password page here...

https://accounts.secondlife.com/change_password

Enter your current account password, then type some gibberish into your browser's address bar (but don't hit return) and copy it into the "New Password" and "Confirm New Password" boxes. Click "Save Changes" and close the browser window to destroy the gibberish you've typed. Now you can't log back into SL because you don't have the password.

This only gets you halfway though, as you can still request a password reset be sent to the account's coupled e-mail address. So you'll have to abandon that e-mail address as well, or create a temporary e-mail address to which you point the SL account before messing up the passwords for both.

If you're just tired of SL and have better things to do, don't worry that the account is still sitting there idle.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.