Hacked account

eleiemouse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How dose one recover a hacked account?   their username is maggiessunrise  gose by Mj   

she just open a store on the market place a few weeks ago she has a huge account would be a great loss

she already lost all her linden witch was a lot and she a premium member so theres a all that to worry about 

What happens if she can not get back in?? her payment info not mention the store and no way to shut it down 

There should be a better way to help people   then just bloging really make you think 

this just happened   I guess she suppose to just suck it up and deal with it

Edited by eleiemouse

9 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, eleiemouse said:

How dose one recover a hacked account?

This is a public forum, not a Linden Lab support venue. I'd remove all the information you just posted ASAP, as you have just given the world all the information it might need to gain access to the account. I've reported your post for your own protection and it may be removed.

Presuming the post lasts lone enough for you to read it. Go here...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

And select "Account Issue" from the first drop down and "I believe my account has been compromised" from the second. Provide the name of the avatar and any other pertinent information in the provided text boxes. LL will contact you via whatever e-mail address is connected to the account from which you open the support case. Expect them to ask for proof of ownership for the hacked account.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Ooooops!
  • Like 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

This is a public forum, not a Linden Lab support venue. I'd remove all the information you just posted ASAP, as you have just given the world all the information it might need to gain access to the account. I've reported your post for your own protection and it may be removed.

Presuming the post lasts lone enough for you to read it. Go here...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

And select "Account Issue" from the first drop down and "I believe my account has been compromised" from the second. Provide the name of the avatar and any other pertinent information in the provided text boxes. LL will contact you via whatever e-mail address is connected to the account from which you open the support case. Expect them to ask for proof of ownership for the hacked account.

This is all correct, though I should clarify that only the owner can be communicated with regarding an account. You will need to pass that information on to your friend, so she can contact us herself directly, rather than having you be an intermediary.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, eleiemouse said:

How dose one recover a hacked account?

This post is exactly how someone advertises that she has an account that she wants someone to break into.  Never ever ever post all of your personal information in a public forum like this.  This is one of the best examples of naive Internet behavior I have seen in ages.  Edit your post immediately to remove all of that information.

For your future information .... It is very difficult to "hack" a SL account and not worth the trouble in most cases.  However, you have demonstrated how easy it is for someone to break into an account if you simply give them the information they need.  Read http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Email_Scam_(Phishing)_FAQ

Edited by Rolig Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.