What SL Brands Do You Really Miss?

Vanity Fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What Second Life brands/stores do you really miss?

I'll go first. I really miss Eolande the jewelry and accessories store. I have a set of colour-changeable Elvehjem Star necklace, earrings, and tiara that are my favourites. I wish I could buy them for my most recent alt! See the attached picture.

I also miss PixelDolls something fierce. 

OK, your turn. What SL brand do you really miss?

Karin Vasser 13 May 2017_001.png

Edited by Vanity Fair
Added picture.
  • Like 1

LAP (Long Awkward Pose) 

Honestly those poses are ancient but I grew up with them and they are very much part of my history. I still use them often and frequently remember where I got them; most were hunt items or group gifts. Dove was always very giving.

THIS is pretty funny. I went to Google and THIS is STILL in the listings. Hmmmm [It goes nowhere of course; when she left -- she left and that was years ago. 

lap.JPG.eb91833a74928c9df464a13ba3d70565.JPG

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

Curio- she quit after that DMCA mumbo jumbo. Wish she would have made appliers for mesh bodies and heads :(

Nicky Ree's - not sure if shes still active , her gowns were top notch back then.

Sirena Hair-  loved  the mastermind behind this brand and still remember her blog  Mermaid Diaries

Last Call - the owner suddenly died :( Her old system outfits are better textured than  many of the new ones  these days.

Donna Flora- cancer took her away from us.  I still keep her jewellery as a testament of  her incredible talent :( 

Edited by Jeny Howlett
  • Like 2

I would have to echo Sirena hair. She made the first hair that actually got wet in linden water, even dripped, and I used to love that hair(still have it, obviously). I'm not big into hair, I change mine maybe once a year, if that.  

To be honest, I pay very little attention to brands, lol. I just find things I like. I'm the same way in rl.

Although there was a store I absolutely loved to visit, years ago, owned by Moon Cole, I don't know if it's still in sl or not..lemme check...

Nope, it's not, aww that's sad. Although it did change names once over the years...It was once *Weird ******(yeah the censor is probably gonna grab that, lol) and then Weirdiculous.  I love, I'm not going to make that past tense, some of my favorite gags and gadgets came from there,  that store for all the quirky lil things they had. I think I probably own nearly everything that store ever offered, lol. 

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeny Howlett said:

Nicky Ree's - not sure if shes still active , her gowns were top notch back then.

54 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

I would have to echo Sirena hair. She made the first hair that actually got wet in linden water, even dripped, and I used to love that hair(still have it, obviously). I'm not big into hair, I change mine maybe once a year, if that.  

I echo both these and you just brought back so many lovely memories  *sighs and smiles*

• Like 1

I would have to say that the one I miss most has to be Hybrid. Yes yes, you can still find Neko parts around SL even today but their's at the time was the best. they also did a whole host of other hybrid types and even today I still occasionally use their Mythic ears for some elf/sidhe builds.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeny Howlett said:

Nicky Ree's is still active, she has an in-world store I just visited recently. She still sells old system avatar clothing plus she has branched out into mesh outfits as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jeny Howlett said:

Sirena Hair-  loved  the mastermind behind this brand and still remember her blog  Mermaid Diaries

Last Call - the owner suddenly died :( Her old system outfits are better textured than  many of the new ones  these days.

Donna Flora- cancer took her away from us.  I still keep her jewellery as a testament of  her incredible talent :( 

I remember all of these.  I still have a few Sirena hairs.  I bought tons of stuff at the Last Call closing sale - just recently packed it all up, along with the Nicky Ree stuff, since it won't work with a mesh body.

I didn't know Donna Flora wasn't around anymore -- hadn't tried to go there in many, many years.

Edit:  Thanks, Vanity.  I hadn't gotten around to checking for Nicky Ree for mesh stuff yet.  I've just been packing up all the old system stuff that I like - rather than just deleting like I do the so-so stuff.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I remember all of these.  I still have a few Sirena hairs.  I bought tons of stuff at the Last Call closing sale - just recently packed it all up, along with the Nicky Ree stuff, since it won't work with a mesh body.

I didn't know Donna Flora wasn't around anymore -- hadn't tried to go there in many, many years.

Yes she died in 2013. I just found out her store is still run by her friends. Will pay a visit. I remember at one time ,while she was still alive and healthy, i had an issue with a purchase from her store. She promptly contacted me and delivered the item , she even gifted me a pair of glasses. Her passing is a sad reminder that life is precious and we must enjoy each day as our last.

Edited by Jeny Howlett
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Curio came back in 2014 after that DMCA debacle and never fully recovered. The lack of appliers, and same approach to to the business which had evolved since her departure was just the nail in the coffin. It really is unfortunate. I had owned a few of her skins previously, but I wasn't about to ditch my mesh body and head to wear them again.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Jeny Howlett said:

Curio- she quit after that DMCA mumbo jumbo. Wish she would have made appliers for mesh bodies and heads :(

I loved her hair,Plus her blog..

She would show you how to make just about everything she knew how to make..Learned a lot from her blog..

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Kymrie said:

The Sea Hole. It was so cute and quirky. I still wear some of their mesh items, but my favorites were system shirts which I can't wear anymore. I wish there were a way to convert things like that to appliers.

I just recently stumbled upon her stuff on the MP and went a lil havoc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kymrie said:

...but my favorites were system shirts which I can't wear anymore. I wish there were a way to convert things like that to appliers.

For the creators with the original textures or rather the UUIDs of the system layer textures, it would probably take a weekend or so to configure Omega appliers for their old items. 

If I had a store, I'd consider it worth it to stay in business and keep getting some L$. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Falln Angel Designs.. I miss them, awesome clothing and fun sims to explore. 

FallnAngel Creations still has an in-world store, they have downsized from five sims down to one or two only now though.

Oh, wait, the in-world link doesn't work anymore. Maybe they are gone for good....

Edited by Vanity Fair

17 hours ago, Kymrie said:

The Sea Hole. It was so cute and quirky. I still wear some of their mesh items, but my favorites were system shirts which I can't wear anymore. I wish there were a way to convert things like that to appliers.

The store is still on the marketplace everything L$1 i do like paring their system stuff with mesh pieces 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.