Keessie

Keessie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

No.  You didn't rent it from Linden Lab (they don't rent land).  You will continue to owe rent to the region's owner, just as you have before.  Before you sublet any of it, however, check with the landlord to be sure that it's OK with her/him.  If you violate the land covenant, you could be tossed off the region.

• Like 1

Ty,   that's completely true,   the landlord has to agree.

But...

Incase of a full estate situation directly from Linden (still a kind of renting,  you can't buy for lifetime) and then having a homestead as well....   will it then be possible of Linden charging commission............?

1 hour ago, Keessie said:

a full estate situation directly from Linden

I can't tell whether you mean that the homestead is derived from a private estate (for which the landlord pays monthly land fees to Linden Lab) or from a region on the mainland (for which the landlord again pays fees to Linden Lab).  In either case, you are not the landlord.  You are renting from whoever owns a region somewhere and is therefore entitled to also own a homestead.  You are not going to owe Linden Lab anything directly.  You owe whoever owns the homestead region, and that person still owes the Lab monthly fees.  And if that landowner says it's OK to sublet a part of the homestead to someone else, you are still responsible for paying the landlord for it.

Thank you for that answer.

It's exactly what I was expecting as it should be. And ofcourse it sounds logic me to be responsble for the fees to be paid to the landowner,  even me renting out a part or more parts.

As long the landlord agrees these activities, there is to my opinion no need to pay a commission directly to LL from the rent paid by tenants to me for the rented place/object.

Once more:   thank you very much, a nice day and  this post can be closed....

Regards,

Keessie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.