Sim owner closes all her sims no warning

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

55 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As Chic said though - something could have happened to the owner in RL and this is just something one of the relatives or friends did without really understanding SL and the impacts.  All of the facts here are just not known.  It is hard not to judge though when you are affected by something.

she has plan to sell her lands, it cant prove not in suddent, if it is really as Chic said, she has good time to sell lands, why doesnt say a word to the renters and let them to pack things and quit. it is only prove by her attitude not to judge her.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MelissaAnn Majestic said:

I have been through RL affecting my rental before. In that case, my landlady had died suddenly and it was weeks before her family logged in trying to figure things out. We were told what happened and allowed to stay there until the properties were dealt with. I even helped manage things in SL for them because rental signs were still up. I was logged in more frequently then. Eventually, the properties were reclaimed by LL and sold. It took about 2 years to get to that point.

In this case, this current landlady has been online or someone has signed into her account as recently as yesterday. I did IM her first in hopes that this was all just some glitch because that had happened a few months back with another of her islands. Then, she'd sent out group notices that she was selling that island because of the instability of the server it was on or some such. We were allowed to move into another rental on one of her other islands with no loss of rent or items. I think that's why so many of us are shocked by this. I really don't feel that she's passed away or something tragic because she had the forethought to post the islands for sale on the forum as early as the 17th but not to inform her tenants.

I really wish this wasn't the happening because she was such a sweet person but treating people like this is not right. I've already begun my search for a new place and am thinking of blogging about it for those in need of a new, cheap but nice place to reside. I'll also include some of the tips mentioned here about not getting swindled out of too much money. I need something to do while I wait and watch Hurricane Harvey :)

agreed.

• Like 2

That's really terrible. I have heard of this kind of thing happening before, and it is the reason why I refuse to pay months of rent in advance. Most landlords offer a discount for paying a month at time, but in most cases that's as far as I'll go. The risk is just not worth it IMO.

Put in a support ticket, and don't delay. If you know anyone else from the sim, reach out, and encourage them to do the same. Keep us posted!

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, kettie Susanowa said:

she has plan to sell her lands, it cant prove not in suddent, if it is really as Chic said, she has good time to sell lands, why doesnt say a word to the renters and let them to pack things and quit. it is only prove by her attitude not to judge her.

If she had been planning to sell her lands and even posted them for sale a week or two ago, then it would definitely seem as it you were all screwed intentionally, which does totally suck.  If the land did end up getting sold to someone else then you'll likely all get your stuff back eventually, but will still be out your rent money.  If she simply left and allowed her payments to get into arrears the LL would have reclaimed the land. In those cases, you defnitely want to put in a support ticket because LL has quite often re-opened estates for people to get their stuff.

• Like 4

Holy heck she did intentionally screw us and not tell us....thats HORRIBLE  

I am selling four (4) private full sim, tier of $195 USD/month (grandfathered). Contact me for Tier dates. 
There is a $600.USD transfer fee payable to LL for keeping the grandfathered status of this private island sims. 

I am asking 1600.00 USD - that includes 600.00 USD transfer fee to maintained grandfather status. 

Keep in mind that a grandfathered sims saves you $100.USD of tier every month (and they are no longer available directly from LL).

Sims are currently used as rental properties excellent  business opportunity longstanding.  

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, DeeVious Dagger said:

Holy heck she did intentionally screw us and not tell us....thats HORRIBLE  

I am selling four (4) private full sim, tier of $195 USD/month (grandfathered). Contact me for Tier dates. 
There is a $600.USD transfer fee payable to LL for keeping the grandfathered status of this private island sims. 

I am asking 1600.00 USD - that includes 600.00 USD transfer fee to maintained grandfather status. 

Keep in mind that a grandfathered sims saves you $100.USD of tier every month (and they are no longer available directly from LL).

Sims are currently used as rental properties excellent  business opportunity longstanding.  

Yep, same person as me.

• Sad 2

Hey all! I've spent the day trying to find a comparable rental home. I've always enjoyed visiting Blueflower field in Yosemite and they have rentals in a field of bluebonnet flowers. There are other rentals but they tend to fill up quickly because it's L$50 for 50 prims. They recently added L$100 for 100 prims. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Yosemite/160/190/22

Also, had another tenant reach out to me while in world and asked if I was filing a report against her. She made a good point that if enough people file a report it will draw the attention of the Lindens. Not sure what can be done but it can't hurt.

Edited by MelissaAnn Majestic
Additionally information
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MelissaAnn Majestic said:

Not sure what can be done but it can't hurt.

If by chance she did not end up selling the sim, but instead got it confiscated due to lack of payment to LL, then you would have a chance that LL would bring the sim back online long enough for folks to go get their stuff.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MelissaAnn Majestic said:

I don't think it was confiscated. She listed them on the forum for sale and the person who replied is the same person that returned my objects from my home.

Ahhh, okay.  Hopefully the other people that posted will get their stuff back also then.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Don't bother filing an Abuse Report on the original owner as Linden Lab will view this as a resident to resident dispute and send the reports to File Thirteen. This happened to me once or twice in the past and is one of the reasons I went to a Premium account - I will have a small home to use as a backup in case my current rental ever goes belly up.

Things like this are just the tip of the iceberg too. Back before what some call the Openspace Debacle I'd aided a 'friend' with their tier on one to keep a lightweight club going. Shortly before Linden Lab reclassified the then Openspace sims and introduced Homesteads said 'friend' bailed out after I'd paid them enough to keep the place running for a month or two more. Money I could have used elsewhere and will never see again.

Be thankful it was parcel rent you lost out on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MelissaAnn Majestic said:

Hey all! I've spent the day trying to find a comparable rental home. I've always enjoyed visiting Blueflower field in Yosemite and they have rentals in a field of bluebonnet flowers. There are other rentals but they tend to fill up quickly because it's L$50 for 50 prims. They recently added L$100 for 100 prims. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Yosemite/160/190/22

Also, had another tenant reach out to me while in world and asked if I was filing a report against her. She made a good point that if enough people file a report it will draw the attention of the Lindens. Not sure what can be done but it can't hurt.

You could try a look over at the Skybeam sims..I know some of their sims are double prims..I've lived in them 10 out of the 11 years of my second life..

They have really good management there..It would be hard to say what they charge for lands because it varies with different sims because,some are homeland,some are double prims and some are the full sims..

The owner is one of the nicest fairest people I know in second life..

Just another option for you.. =)

• Like 3

On 8/26/2017 at 0:41 AM, ChinRey said:

What BilliJo said only applies to mainland, not private estates.

For a private estate, open a support case and explain the situation to LL. They will then reopen the sim for a short time so you and the other tenants can get in and retrieve your items.

I opened this support case, here's the answer:
It looks as though the region is currently not set to allow access. Because this is a privately owned region, you will need to contact the estate owner or an estate manager for more information.

On 8/25/2017 at 1:06 AM, Ima Flanagan said:

I have left Second Life , if you would like to purchase the two remaining sims please email me at turtle_flp@hotmail.com

• Sad 2

On 8/26/2017 at 5:30 AM, ChinRey said:

Yes. When a private sim closes, it 's taken off the grid completely along with all the items on it. Of course, the right thing for the estate owner to do, is clear the sim of content before it is closed but unfortuantely that doesn't always happen.

Mainland sims will never close of course, they're jsut clearedout if a landowner fails to pay the tier.

Thanks for clarifying! Makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarlosMuniz said:

I opened this support case, here's the answer:
It looks as though the region is currently not set to allow access. Because this is a privately owned region, you will need to contact the estate owner or an estate manager for more information.

Yep, LL only gets involved if the sim becomes theirs.  They do not get involved in anything between residents.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.