Uploader not seeing bvh files

Pinky Vought

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I never had an issue before with my old comp when uploading animations, now I'm using a laptop. Does anyone know why the uploader doesn't see my bvh files? I'm using qavimator, and the uploader sees the anims that come with the program but not the ones I made, even though I put them in the same folder. I'm using firestorm, there's a new version, I get, "an unspecified error" message when I tried to download it. Do I need the SL viewer to upload animations? Thanks

1 hour ago, Pinky Vought said:

I never had an issue before with my old comp when uploading animations, now I'm using a laptop. Does anyone know why the uploader doesn't see my bvh files? I'm using qavimator, and the uploader sees the anims that come with the program but not the ones I made, even though I put them in the same folder. I'm using firestorm, there's a new version, I get, "an unspecified error" message when I tried to download it. Do I need the SL viewer to upload animations? Thanks

No, it isn't FS as I just tested now with Qavimator bvh files and the latest FS viewer. Are you sure that you "EXPORTED for Second Life" the files and aren't trying to upload the active .avm files? They wouldn't show up for the upload process. 

animupload.thumb.JPG.4f899dcabb69d0d5be58610f82046d5e.JPG

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

No, it isn't FS as I just tested now with Qavimator bvh files and the latest FS viewer. Are you sure that you "EXPORTED for Second Life" the files and aren't trying to upload the active .avm files? They wouldn't show up for the upload process. 

animupload.thumb.JPG.4f899dcabb69d0d5be58610f82046d5e.JPG

Yes, I did export for SL. I did it again just now to double check, and have the same result. My file shows in properties as being a .bvh.

1 hour ago, Pinky Vought said:

Yes, I did export for SL. I did it again just now to double check, and have the same result. My file shows in properties as being a .bvh.

Well then no clue. It isn't a  "you must use the official viewer" issue OR a general uploader issue.  And I just tested on the beta grid with no problems. So it seems like it must have something to do with your new computer.  I have been uploading animations fairly steadily and I had no issues with any versions of Firestorm. Are these NEW files that you made on the laptop?  

Have you tried moving some old files that you know worked over to the laptop to see if they are visible?  No other ideas, sorry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well then no clue. It isn't a  "you must use the official viewer" issue OR a general uploader issue.  And I just tested on the beta grid with no problems. So it seems like it must have something to do with your new computer.  I have been uploading animations fairly steadily and I had no issues with any versions of Firestorm. Are these NEW files that you made on the laptop?  

Have you tried moving some old files that you know worked over to the laptop to see if they are visible?  No other ideas, sorry. 

I don't get it either, it's the strangest thing. With the SL uploader and qavimator both open, I tried to drag my file over to the uploader where it should be visible. It asked if I wanted to move it, so I thought that was it, but then when I tried to it gave an error that the file is already there! Yet I don't see it. I tried the hidden files option...that didn't work. I am just baffled. Thanks for your help though. :)

Edited by Pinky Vought
answering missed question

What's the path you are saving your animations to?
eg) C:\Program Files (x86)\QAvimator\data

If you save the animations to a folder in your Documents or to your desktop, so the bvh show in the viewer file picker then?

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
Can't speel
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

What's the path you are saving your animations to?
eg) C:\Program Files (x86)\QAvimator\data

If you save the animations to a folder in your Documents or to your desktop, so the bvh show in the viewer file picker then?

HA! That worked!! You're a genius, thank you, thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinky Vought said:

Yes, a new file that I made yesterday. The only ones the viewer sees are the static anims that came pre-programmed with qavimator.

Ah, see you just fixed it. Great. Leaving this here in case it helps someone else. 

My actual question was did you try and IMPORT an old BVH file that you made TO your new computer? I am wondering if it is the new computer. 

Also, I thought about this awhile ago then got busy -- you DID remember to have a "Tpose" first frame in your animation or pose, yes?  I was just thinking that if you didn't move over your start files from your old computer (I always start from the same files anyway) then you might have tried to make an animation without that. 

I only thought of this because someone had an issue uploading a few days ago and it was because they had no T pose frame in the first frame and SL requires that. I am pretty sure that I I hadn't moved all my WORKING animations over each time I got a new computer that I would have forgotten all about that. 

So that could be it, if you didn't test any bvh files that you have PREVIOUSLY uploaded.

Tposeframe1.JPG.6c2b3452e87020c3d5ec1b0bd1a541d9.JPG

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.