Sunbleached

Mesh upload. How to reduce land impact?

Question

How to reduce land impact?
Hey. Why when I uploading meshes it turns out such big land impact? Here to take for example such simple boat hull. It have 723 vertices only, physics set to high. But why LI is so huge? I prefer to use
high LOD for my buildings. Help please! How to reduce LI? Thank you!

q.png.c36e17cbe506e285c48d611730c95107.png

Edited by Sunbleached

2 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:

How to reduce land impact?
Hey. Why when I uploading meshes it turns out such big land impact? Here to take for example such simple boat hull. It have 723 vertices only, physics set to high. But why LI is so huge? I prefer to use
high LOD for my buildings. Help please! How to reduce LI? Thank you!

q.png.c36e17cbe506e285c48d611730c95107.png

You definitely don't want your lowest LOD set to the full number of vertices as you Highest setting. You LIKELY can use the defaults (I am assuming this is a good sized boat) and be able to see the boat clearly from a very long distance away. 

Try uploading your hull with the default settings and TEST the LODs visually and then adjust from there.  Making your own LODs is good of course and you can likely improve you land impact by making your own physics model. If you have been uploading everything you make with high LODs in all four LOD slots, then you are GREATLY CONTRIBUTING to a difficult viewing experience for everyone so now is a good time to learn more about why you don't want to do that. 

Here is a boat with oars that is much more complex than your hull. I can't speak to the size relation of course as I can't see the size of your hull. Note in the tiny photo from far far away with my LOD set a 2 that the boat is still clearly visible. 

boat.thumb.JPG.aec105ed8df8a04cb99dc4b03aa08b97.JPG

LODSdistance.JPG.4e34efc281013ec660ee27779bb6ea81.JPG

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Try uploading your hull with the default settings and TEST the LODs visually and then adjust from there.  Making your own LODs is good of course and you can likely improve you land impact by making your own physics model. If you have been uploading everything you make with high LODs in all four LOD slots, then you are GREATLY CONTRIBUTING to a difficult viewing experience for everyone so now is a good time to learn more about why you don't want to do that. 

Note in the tiny photo from far far away with my LOD set a 2 that the boat is still clearly visible.

Thank you so much! with your fast help I reduced my hull's LI to 5! :)

Edited by Sunbleached