SCALA™ – Models Academy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a SCALA™ Trainee, you will learn how to highlight your beauty and take advantage of it, be it on the runway or in front of the camera. You will learn to be open-minded in a job that is becoming more and more demanding and competitive, each day.

Our course is for both female and male, taught by experienced SL Professional Models, people that have been working and teaching for years; years of trial and practice to achieve.

Application form & Info:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hlFhoqVejPhd-WvdFBMZQyi-N1yHsRgNF-YOCf6c18E

NEW! starting this September 2017 we have a REFER-A-FRIEND program (for more info, contact Kryptonia Paperdoll: SCALA™ Models Academy – Director)

SCALA lLOGO 1024.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kryptonia Paperdoll said:

As a SCALA™ Trainee, you will learn how to highlight your beauty and take advantage of it, be it on the runway or in front of the camera. You will learn to be open-minded in a job that is becoming more and more demanding and competitive, each day.

Our course is for both female and male, taught by experienced SL Professional Models, people that have been working and teaching for years; years of trial and practice to achieve.

- The course fee is 15,000L which includes 10 Classes plus sponsored Graduation Show and Diploma.

thats a serious fee,  around  60/ 61 real hard  USD .... you should mention that before people have to click ...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hunter Stern said:

So, this isn't role playing? What educational accreditation is one taking away from this experience of classes? (I assume there are classes).

Given that if you manage to succeed as an SL model, you can make some real money at it - very much not the case with general role playing. 

The description of this sub-forum does not specifically state that the 'educational organizations' must be RL ones.

I simply don't agree. to me this is an over priced come on , for something that is relatively free in SL. A little research and practice on ones own goes a long way. (a lot of merchants use alts to advertise merchanise because seriously who wants the drama of waiting on someone to come on schedule and then get the project done exactly the way they want it) and there are people out there who will help in these areas for free.

It's Role Play. For one thing, look over the application. Spelling isn't their biggest strength. This has nothing to do with with me being in some 'fashion clique' in SL.

Role play in SL seldom every pays you, whereas fashion, and by extension modeling, in SL is big business - I know a few that have made some really good money at it.  There are tons and tons of wannabe models in SL.  From my understanding it is a cut-throat business that is hard to break into - pretty much like RL there.  How much proper schooling by those in the industry helps, I have no clue.  Since the Academy does 'supposedly' give you an education that can benefit and further your SL, including helping you to make RL money, it may be appropriate for this category.

As to "an overpriced come on for something that is relatively free in SL" - I agree that it sounds way overpriced, but I'm not sure you can get solid modeling teaching for 'relatively free'.  While many merchants use alts for advertising, that is for print work and inworld models on stands.  The big fashion shows truly do use SL models and that is where the money is, and thus where training might help.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hunter Stern said:

I simply don't agree.

Then don't take the class.  Problem solved!

33 minutes ago, Hunter Stern said:

a lot of merchants use alts to advertise [merchandise]

True.  This class is not for the masses. 

I don't know this academy outside of hearing the name a few times.  In fact if anyone new asks about becoming a model I steer them to the bloggers route because it is hard (damn near impossible) to be a paid model.  Just like anytime one spends a significant about of resources on something, research is highly recommended.   That said, if all you want is to be like most models, you don't need the training. But the 0.01% didn't get there alone.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rhonda,  ofcourse I'm not taking the so called class, but regardless the problem won't be solved unless people ask and speak up to the topic presented.

Most people that I know of in SL come to these forums asking how to become a model and ofcourse we tell them, go google it , do some research, well this post has saved them part of the time in searches but there has to be more to the story than, "Fill this application out and pay us money and then we will fill you in on the big secret"

Blogging isn't exclusive to modeling either (there are a bunch of scripting and tech blogs related to SL, out there too). Blogging is imperative as a marketing skill to promote ideas and products and yes a lot of research is required to master this skill, but research is needed in any job arena to be taken seriously.

I have my doubts when it comes to the amount of research and pay off that one receives in the modeling industry in SL. I would like to see some serious discussion I suppose from some of these agencies on how they outline their curriculum and standards for teaching and what the outcome is for the relevant people involved.

Edited by Hunter Stern

1 hour ago, Hunter Stern said:

I would like to see some serious discussion I suppose from some of these agencies on how they outline their curriculum and standards for teaching and what the outcome is for the relevant people involved.

As a teenage in RL, like many girls, I dreamed of modeling.  I even convinced my mom to let me take the first level of modeling classes.  By the end of that first set of classes, I did manage to realize that I would never be a model - but they still made that first bit of money off of me.  The training academy truly would let anyone take the course, telling them that they could become a model, when the reality was that less than 5-10% even had the desired body and looks for such. 

My best guess is that this class works pretty much like RL  They have classes on topics that really are important in becoming a good model in SL - at least the curriculum looks like relevant topics to me.  If the people teaching are themselves SL models that truly get booked a lot, then they have valid teachers who are hopefully giving solid factual information out.  However, also like RL, I highly doubt that they tell all those wannabes that they have less than a 1% chance of making it - and I actually wouldn't expect them to, to be honest.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To Hunter:

If you read the info before you fill up the application form there where a LINK to our academy where all info was listed.

Filling it up doesnt mean you are automatically enroll and need to pay, there where a small talk before enrolling, which i answer all their questions and clear all things up before they pay to escape from any misunderstanding later.

It's not overprice....some of academy, yes we arent alone on the grid, charged 20,000L

We are paying our Instructors per class

Our Graduation Show it is being hold as a normal Fashion Show, which means we are paying all staff involved
Models for Show
Models for Ads
Event photographer
Ads photographer and Banner
Marketing
Designer Liasons
Script Writer
Dj
Voice Announcer
Text Announcer
Greeter
Producer
Backstage Manager
Stage Builder

etc....

and ouf course we rent 2 Lands..1 sim for Audience and 1 Sim for models/stage

Now you can do the math.....

You can ask people or google or visit our page, we are serious one and not on money making mode

To littleme..

Yes we do tell them, being SL Model doesnt mean they will be rich and famous like in RL.

Edited by Kryptonia Paperdoll
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kryptonia Paperdoll said:

It's not overprice....some of academy, yes we arent alone on the grid, charged 20,000L

We are paying our Instructors per class

Our Graduation Show it is being hold as a normal Fashion Show, which means we are paying all staff involved
Models for Show
Models for Ads
Event photographer
Ads photographer and Banner
Marketing
Designer Liasons
Script Writer
Dj
Voice Announcer
Text Announcer
Greeter
Producer
Backstage Manager
Stage Builder

etc....

and ouf course we rent 2 Lands..1 sim for Audience and 1 Sim for models/stage

Now you can do the math.....

sorry but for "educational" purpose this is absurd.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My how times have changed.

I remember when modeling schools would charge upwards to 2500 for a "degree". Modeling jobs aren't as plentiful as they used to be in SL and runway work is difficult to come by. I remember when the high-end models could make anywhere from 5000 to 10,000L per week, but that was rare. I'm not sure how much they make now, because I've been out of the fashion loop for a while now.

15,000 is a steep price to pay, unless you are going to provide your students with a steady source of employment upon graduation. That way, they can recoop the cost of their course fees.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.