"We're having trouble connecting to your voice server..."

Princess Ivory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I intermittently receive the following error message, and cannot log in to voice:

"We're having trouble connecting to your voice server https://www.bhr.vivox.com/api2/:UDP:3478,3479,5060,5062,12000-17000. Voice communications will not be available. Please check your network and firewall setup."

I have been working with Linden for a few weeks trying to resolve this with no luck. I had hoped the error message would mean something to them, but apparently not.

It is an intermittent problem. Exists on 2 different computers (Window 8.1 and Windows 10), using both SL Viewer and Firestorm. Occurs with main av and alt. I replaced my router trying to correct problem with no luck.

I have allowed SLVoice through the firewall, and opened a number of outbound ports suggested by Linden. I have tried turning off Avast security, with no apparent effect. Relogging and rebooting also has no effect.

I have found older posts about this problem, but none of them offered a real solution that works for my situation.

Has anyone else encountered this, and discovered a solution?

21 minutes ago, Princess Ivory said:

but none of them offered a real solution that works for my situation.

because there is no solution...

sometimes it can be something in your machine, antivirus, firewall  or router that causes it, but mostly it's somewhere between you and the vivox servers..

it happens a lot.

It's not the Firestorm or LL VIewer causing it.

We have a release candidate viewer available that improves the retries when connecting to the voice service - it may well be much better for you, especially if the problem is in something about the network you're passing through to get there. It also has other improvements to voice quality and security.

Go to the Alternate Viewers page and download the Second Life Voice Viewer.

Release Candidate viewers are ones that we believe are ready for general use and are making available to test that belief. Eventually, they become the default viewer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 6:34 AM, Oz Linden said:

We have a release candidate viewer available that improves the retries when connecting to the voice service - it may well be much better for you, especially if the problem is in something about the network you're passing through to get there. It also has other improvements to voice quality and security.

Go to the Alternate Viewers page and download the Second Life Voice Viewer.

Release Candidate viewers are ones that we believe are ready for general use and are making available to test that belief. Eventually, they become the default viewer.

Support had me install the Second Life Voice Viewer RC, and it did fix my problem.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.