Decency ? Modesty ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

well I agree with you in general Chic,  I´ve had to swallow my "be pro" pill once or twice while blogging and tried to make it as little skimpy as I could.

For G rated sims, even there and especially there can be trolls so unfortunately that doesn´t help. I tend to clubs again but they´re not open 24/7 anymore xD

Plus it´s not only the looks but the behaviour ... I keep blocking people

Yes, about the blogging. Happily I am not in (refused to join) any blogging groups that have MANDATORY requirements as in "you must blog everything sent to you".  And there are plenty that I do not feature. But one CAN be sneaky when needed.  Case in point is a post from today which I really need to get up live :D.   

Well I WAS going to put in a photo but photos seem to be down.   Blog post here: https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2017/08/golden-girl.html

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, about the blogging. Happily I am not in (refused to join) any blogging groups that have MANDATORY requirements as in "you must blog everything sent to you".  And there are plenty that I do not feature. But one CAN be sneaky when needed.  Case in point is a post from today which I really need to get up live :D.   

Well I WAS going to put in a photo but photos seem to be down.   Blog post here: https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2017/08/golden-girl.html

oh yeah that´s a solution I´d have chosen as well, great job!

For the groups - yeah there are quite good ones  thank heavens and there´s the blog-advertising groups, too. There´s ALWAYS a way, eh ;)

9 hours ago, SpinAcces said:

Hello everyone !

So ! i hope i'm not going to offend anyone with this topic, as people seems to be pretty sensitive about it  - #PersonalExperiences

So the SL world is full of shamelessness, this we know and it's ESPECIALLY visible on the outfit people are wearing. it's usually very provocative, Sexy, revealing... along those lines. Though, it's SL, people can do whatever they want i don't judge, i respect, just like i choose to eat Nutella 3 times per day sometimes (Yum yum...)  people can choose to wear Sexy clothing. Personaly i love decency, Modest outfits. i know we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, and therefore not judge someone by what they're wearing but, i still admire people who can be decent in SL. So i was wondering, does anyone know a place where i could meet a lot of people that are in to this kind of decency ?
And what's your opinion about the outfits most residents are wearing ?
and please ! do not throw me your chairs ! flying chairs can hurt quite a lot ! Thank you!

People like to draw attention to themselves in various ways.  It is all a way for them to present themselves to others and hopefully stand out to be noticed.

I don't think modest and sexy are mutually exclusive and in fact that is most often what I try to achieve,  However there is a place for everything and while I do wear demonic and/or dominatrix themed avatars at times, you wont see me wandering the grid that way.  However, that is not what you asked.  As I said, there is a place for everything and you are looking for a specific kind of place.

Do you like jazz?    Most places are much more formal and you may like the dress code.  I also have a personal bias towards "The Cellar" especially on Wednesday night USO night.  They usually play swing and jazz but USO night is also date night with Clover.  Dress is swing era and while not heavily enforced, any modest attempt is welcome.  This is a time when a sleeveless dress was risque so you might like the atmosphere there.

My opinion about the outfits most residents are wearing?  I understand you are trying to lead me into believing most residents wear chaps and nipple piercings only but ... I have not seen enough different people to say what "most residents" are wearing.  I believe we are skewed by our perceptions as well.  Maybe I am not noticing the same things as you so based on what I notice and the limited percentage of the residents I see I think most people have a casual style and that men should wear more shirts and jackets.  However, after trying to kit out a male avatar, I understand the frustration that leads to shirtless and dark.

I don't throw chairs.  Usually.  I mean I have a time but two but never over something as  trivial and innocuous as this.

BTW : me in my sexy clothes ...

Snapshot_004a.thumb.jpg.f52072ad5713d10905a24caaeaec13b4.jpg

If you see me out shopping I will probably be wearing something like that.  I like to think I dress better than average but most people I notice are not that much different.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What the majority of people wear in a particular sim will be determined by the nature of the sim, and I am not talking primarily about the maturity rating. Obviously a sim which is a beach will have swimwear, even if nudity is not allowed at it you are going to find people in relieving outfits, A sim dedicated to auto racing will have people in fire suits, though you might find a few scantily clad flag girls to. A sim with a winter scene will tend to have people in coats with little exposed skin, because while you obviously can run around nude in the snow in SL, I think most people in such a sim will want to fit the location and dress like they need to stay warm.

• Like 2

Yes, there are decent/G-rated sims. There are even family-based communities with decency/modesty policies.

Unfortunately I won't be able to point or name any as I'm usually on rp sims or ebm/indus clubs or shopping. I know that people in rockabilly/old rock clubs tend to dress very modest.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

Yes, there are decent/G-rated sims. There are even family-based communities with decency/modesty policies.

Unfortunately I won't be able to point or name any as I'm usually on rp sims or ebm/indus clubs or shopping. I know that people in rockabilly/old rock clubs tend to dress very modest.

good hint thanks a bunch for that and... if you have any good sims in the mentioned categories  you can suggest  feel free to drop me a line, NC, whatever *coughs

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SpinAcces said:

Hello everyone !

So ! i hope i'm not going to offend anyone with this topic, as people seems to be pretty sensitive about it  - #PersonalExperiences

So the SL world is full of shamelessness, this we know and it's ESPECIALLY visible on the outfit people are wearing.

it's usually very provocative, Sexy, revealing... along those lines.

Though, it's SL, people can do whatever they want i don't judge, i respect, just like i choose to eat Nutella 3 times per day sometimes (Yum yum...)  people can choose to wear Sexy clothing.

Personaly i love decency, Modest outfits. i know we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, and therefore not judge someone by what they're wearing but, i still admire people who can be decent in SL.

So i was wondering, does anyone know a place where i could meet a lot of people that are in to this kind of decency ?

And what's your opinion about the outfits most residents are wearing ?

and please ! do not throw me your chairs ! flying chairs can hurt quite a lot ! Thank you!

my boyfriend loves to keep me locked nude so i guess i dont have much to add to the topic

:)

• Like 4

Ah, looks like a lot happened here while i was away.

On 8/22/2017 at 3:46 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Search GOR

I remember one day when i was looking for places with high traffic, i went to a GOR sim. i really didn't know what it was about, well i'm still not sure to know exactly what it is about, from what i've been told, it's based on a series of books ?

And yeah at this GOR sim there was people dressing in very Decent and covering outfits as well as being almost completely naked.

On 8/22/2017 at 5:50 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

People like to draw attention to themselves in various ways.  It is all a way for them to present themselves to others and hopefully stand out to be noticed.

I don't think modest and sexy are mutually exclusive and in fact that is most often what I try to achieve,  However there is a place for everything and while I do wear demonic and/or dominatrix themed avatars at times, you wont see me wandering the grid that way.  However, that is not what you asked.  As I said, there is a place for everything and you are looking for a specific kind of place.

Do you like jazz?    Most places are much more formal and you may like the dress code.  I also have a personal bias towards "The Cellar" especially on Wednesday night USO night.  They usually play swing and jazz but USO night is also date night with Clover.  Dress is swing era and while not heavily enforced, any modest attempt is welcome.  This is a time when a sleeveless dress was risque so you might like the atmosphere there.

My opinion about the outfits most residents are wearing?  I understand you are trying to lead me into believing most residents wear chaps and nipple piercings only but ... I have not seen enough different people to say what "most residents" are wearing.  I believe we are skewed by our perceptions as well.  Maybe I am not noticing the same things as you so based on what I notice and the limited percentage of the residents I see I think most people have a casual style and that men should wear more shirts and jackets.  However, after trying to kit out a male avatar, I understand the frustration that leads to shirtless and dark.

I don't throw chairs.  Usually.  I mean I have a time but two but never over something as  trivial and innocuous as this.

BTW : me in my sexy clothes ...

Reveal hidden contents

Snapshot_004a.thumb.jpg.f52072ad5713d10905a24caaeaec13b4.jpg

If you see me out shopping I will probably be wearing something like that.  I like to think I dress better than average but most people I notice are not that much different.

Thank you for Sharing your opinion with us

and thank you Sincerely for not throwing a chair at me !

and about jazz, now that you mention it, i've been to this Jazz place that is pretty famous "Frank"s Place Jazz" and there was quite a lot of people dressing very decently indeed.

i think i'm going to try more Jazz places. thanks for the idea.

About the photo that you shared, that is for example an outfit that i personally consider Pretty Decent and Elegant.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SpinAcces said:

I remember one day when i was looking for places with high traffic, i went to a GOR sim. i really didn't know what it was about, well i'm still not sure to know exactly what it is about, from what i've been told, it's based on a series of books ?

And yeah at this GOR sim there was people dressing in very Decent and covering outfits as well as being almost completely naked.

Yes, I think many of us land there initially knowing nothing or very little about it - just newbies out looking for places where people are.

And you most definitely will find both extremes there.

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, I think many of us land there initially knowing nothing or very little about it - just newbies out looking for places where people are.

And you most definitely will find both extremes there.

I went on an alt to a gor sim and got yelled at and told to read the book ?

"I am Verna," she told them, "a Panther Girl, of the High Forest. I enslave men,
when it pleases me. When I tire of them I sell them. I despise you," she said.
“We have outwitted you, and captured you. We have bound you. If we wished,
we would take you into the forest and teach you what it is to be a slave!"

-Captive of Gor - Page 120

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Exciting reading, huh?

O.o

I reeeeally didn't have the motivation to go through such a long reading.

Hm though if it's like "50 shades of Flop", it's probably not gonna be of my liking.

19 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

"I am Verna," she told them, "a Panther Girl, of the High Forest. I enslave men,
when it pleases me. When I tire of them I sell them. I despise you," she said.
“We have outwitted you, and captured you. We have bound you. If we wished,
we would take you into the forest and teach you what it is to be a slave!"

-Captive of Gor - Page 120

Brrr... sounds like Troubles haha

• 2 weeks later...

neither it was for me...

I had to think of this thread last night though....there were a lot of new group gifts announced in all those SL Frees & Offers, Fabulously Free, you know... the shopping groups for poor Kashas....

now these gifts included a lot of dresses and lingerie... and most of them kinda covered the butt - if at all, underboob shirts, cutouts everywhere and even more... now those things can be mixed into cool looks or can be nice once in a while, but seriously we´re being swamped with those

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.