Animations break after importing from Blender

EjeFief

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Again and again I try to make animations for my character in Second Life, and each and every pose and animation comes out completely broken, even though in Blender everything is in check.

I have provided the animation file as it's nothing amazing and does not work well with normal SL characters.

I'm trying to build a custom animation library for my character, as I love to make my own things, and the stock SL animations as well as user generated were not designed with my characters odd proportions and height in mind.

(Animation file): http://www.mediafire.com/file/ohebuy1ndmjzbe6/kniffleswalk.blend Try uploading the animation yourself and see if you can get it working, if you can, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

And I have also provided an image of my character, so you can see why nearly all animations in Second Life do not work with my appearance. I stylized myself around mid to late 90s video game graphics. :)

kniffles_001.png

Edited by EjeFief

Hi,

I can not really help, we may have similar problems. I had a look at your file and did load it as BVH into BVHacker. It doesnt work in BVHacker, your Armature is all.. it is like imploded. Sadly I can not help but I wanted to suggest to you to use the SL T-Pose Skeleton from the BVH file (not the fitted mesh .blend file). This works well in BVHacker = produces working results. (My problem is that when I attach it to a mesh-avatar somehow it breaks..).

The standard answer here is to use Avastar. Avastar would do the job. You can adjust the Avastar Avatar with sliders to fit your shape. Exported BVH Files do load properly. Still I would like to know how to merge a standard skeleton with a standard avatar mesh that can be used (in BVHacker) - what should be a basic..

Edited by Refja
  • Like 1

What I just have noticed that the T-Pose at the beginning is missing at all. You need a T-Pose to beginn with. It does not work without T-Pose (Your Ava standing like a T).

Your Animation is a simple one, why don`t you try it with Qavimator? It is free and you can do simple key-framed animations with it and it is SL compatible. : )

According to a post on the Opensim Blender group awhile back, if you are ONLY using Blender for poses or animations (and not the Avastar add-on) you need to rename all the bones in the file in a certain way. There may be more to it than that too :D.  

Here is her blender section on Google+

https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/sK7oME  if you want to look through that. It was awhile ago (more than six months I am pretty sure) but she did document it all. It was way too much work for me to care about, I just use the old Qavimator so I can't explain more.

Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Problem solved, this tutorial points out things REQUIRED for proper exporting that nobody has pointed out;

For others having the same issue, you're welcome.

The issue was HOW it was exported, BVH exporter needs to be used, not Blender's normal exporter.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.