Sending IM to Non-Searchable Person

Osiris Ronas
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was having a Doctor Who conversation with someone and crashed. The person was not my friend, nor are they searchable in the people searcher. I can not find a way to start a new conversation with someone by entering a name.

Is this possible? I can not see to find proper search results to even answer that question.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Osiris Ronas said:

Is this possible? I can not see to find proper search results to even answer that question.

If you have conversation logs enabled, you should be able to find all recent chats there. If you use the regular SL viewer, look for "Conversation Logs" in the "Communicate" menu. If you use an alternative viewer, you have to tell us which and maybe somebody can tell you where to find the log,

This isn't possible if the avatar 1) choice to hide from search 2) is banned 3) cancel is account

This is possible if you have old V1 viewer, if not the avatar is 1) banned 2) cancel

This is possible if you own a object and rez it with viewer 2 or you own a contact card in your invenory

This is possible if you find the key of avatar but more difficults with V2 viewer

1) look at http://w-hat.com/#name2key   if you get the key use secondlife:///app/agent/key/im     replace the word key with the key and you can talk 

13 hours ago, Osiris Ronas said:

I have the name, but I can not find a way in any of the viewers (SL, Firestorm, Singularity) to just start a chat and add a name.

With the Linden Lab viewer, go to the "Conversations" panel and hit the button with a "+" symbol. This will allow you to type in an avatar name and will locate that avatar even if they aren't showing in regular search.

22 hours ago, Osiris Ronas said:

I was having a Doctor Who conversation with someone and crashed. The person was not my friend, nor are they searchable in the people searcher.

I'm confused on the bolded part.  My inworld profile does not have the 'Search' button at the bottom checked, but my non-friended alt can still do search for me and find my profile.  

The only people I've never been able to find in Search were folks that were banned, deleted their account, or had their account confiscated/locked because of deliquent premium fees.

• 2 weeks later...

Even if they are banned or their account is deleted if you have the ability to add someone to the access list on the about land tab inworld,  it will find their name and from there you can click their name and get their profile so you can IM them.  I do it all the time if I can't find someone by using the search feature, even if I know they closed their accounts cause you never know they may come back again, just saying.

Archived