Those little Reputation / Reaction Thingies

Darrius Gothly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Oh yeah, we also need something for swoon / faint / pant / drool / wipe the sweat from my brow / etc... so that I can properly express myself with @Skell Dagger's pictures.

:ph34r:

I am not sure what you want to express is allowed under the forums TOS  :P

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am not sure what you want to express is allowed under the forums TOS  :P

Maybe just give me a miniture fan icon - nobody outside of our little family here needs to know the specifics.  Others might just think it means "yes, I'm a fan of this picture".

Sort of like the hand that I want.  The clueless would just think I was giving them a high-five or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe just give me a miniture fan icon - nobody outside of our little family here needs to know the specifics.  Others might just think it means "yes, I'm a fan of this picture".

Sort of like the hand that I want.  The clueless would just think I was giving them a high-five or something.

Don't worry, your secret is safe with us.

HEY GUYS! DID YOU HEAR ABOUT ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Tommy Linden - Wasn't sure if you folks were still perusing this forum, so thought I'd call your attention to this thread.

Rather than simply type the name, I think you have to select it from the menu that pops up when you start typing it, 

9e56a21f1188db9d99fee8fb96d98738.png

to make it ping him: @Tommy Linden

ETA -- Forget it!  They've changed things again so the @Name LastName bit isn't highlighted after you post it, and clearly I didn't get the memo.   Sorry.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Rather than simply type the name, I think you have to select it from the menu that pops up when you start typing it, 

ETA -- Forget it!  They've changed things again so the @Name LastName bit isn't highlighted after you post it, and clearly I didn't get the memo.   Sorry.

It works for others. Maybe they've just trapped out Linden names?

2 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

@Innula Zenovka It works for me - sometimes. I don't do much of it so I haven't notice a compelling pattern but it seems that the first time I Submit a post, what was orange as I wrote it, loses the orange when posted. But then, when I Edit the post, I can get it to show as orange after it's saved/posted again.

When the orange doesn't show after posting, I jiggle it that way because I do want to person to know that they've been replied to, and I don't know whether or not they get the notification if it isn't orange when posted.

ETA: That one worked ok but I didn't add it until I was editing the post.

Edited by Phil Deakins

4 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

@Phil Deakins

This is how your post looks to me:ed422396d5d4dc8c5901f8d86b5475e9.png

The @ sign and your name appear highlighted in my edit window.   Let's see what they look like when I post it.

ETA And, as I rather suspected, they aren't highlighted after it's posted.   

Is it just two-word names, or have they disabled it for all names. As a test, forgive me for this *jingle* @Talligurl

ETA: Apparently it doesn't stick after submitting the post even for one-word names.

ETAA: Or does it? Only the Forum Gods know for sure! LOL

Edited by Darrius Gothly

12 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

@Phil Deakins

This is how your post looks to me:ed422396d5d4dc8c5901f8d86b5475e9.png

The @ sign and your name appear highlighted in my edit window.   Let's see what they look like when I post it.

ETA And, as I rather suspected, they aren't highlighted after it's posted.   

Hmm. When I posted it the first time, there was no orange (except as I was writing it, of course), but when I edited it, the orange stayed after posting it - or it did on my screen at that time. Now it's not there again.

I doesn't really matter as long as it does the job of informing the person. That's what we need to ascertain. So I'll test it with you. After this post, I'll write one that @s you, and without any quoting, and perhaps you can tell us whether or not you got a notification for it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.