DragQueenDiva

Daddy Dom looking for baby girl and femboy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Dreamerra said:

Secondlife should  allow a name change to some level maybe for small fee 14 dollers.

That will never happen, for one simple reason: the exact text of your avatar username (the one that you log in with) is used to generate your UUID, which is is tied to every single asset on the database that you have ever been associated with as that avatar, from inventory items to Marketplace and inworld purchases. If you were allowed to change your login username, everything associated with it would break.

To perform a rename would require tracking down potentially hundreds of thousands of individual assets and changing all of their associations. Linden Lab are certainly not going to go to all of that effort for just $14. (IIRC they did offer the option many years ago, but it was for a ridiculous sum of money; something like $500.)

Edited by Skell Dagger

On 8/26/2017 at 10:26 PM, HaileeTempesta said:

A person can run around in pajamas and fuzzy bunny slippers with pigtails and still be a Dominant.  Being a Dominant is not about your name, your clothes, your hobbies or any of that and if that is how people think it's no wonder so many people are getting hurt in D/s or BDSM relationships in SL and RL.

That's sounds more like a submissive or babygirl,  honestly.  

1 hour ago, Chrismaky said:

That's sounds more like a submissive or babygirl,  honestly.  

You've obviously never seen me relaxing and after letting my girl play with my long hair.

(And yes, she got a much deserved .. and welcomed .. spanking for it. *grin*)

On August 23, 2017 at 10:18 AM, HaileeTempesta said:

Well you seem to have an exaggerated sense of your own opinion, if the diva fits...

So since when is being a diva a bad thing.

• Like 1

This is SL where there is plenty of RP and I hope you find what you seek.  I also agree with posters who say that your username may be an obstacle.  I don't care for display names as, so often, they are filled with backward/upside down characters and other cutesy things.  As a former SL DJ, I gave up trying to pronounce them.

Why not create another avie?  Start fresh.  Pick a name that won't label you in the future in case you want to RP something else.  Good luck.

• Like 4

On 28/08/2017 at 11:23 PM, Skell Dagger said:

That will never happen, for one simple reason: the exact text of your avatar username (the one that you log in with) is used to generate your UUID, which is is tied to every single asset on the database that you have ever been associated with as that avatar, from inventory items to Marketplace and inworld purchases. If you were allowed to change your login username, everything associated with it would break.

I had to go and read rfc4122 due to that statement, and I am not so sure it is correct. Do you have a source that indicates the namespace that the Lab would be using to encode the name and how they are going to deal with the eventual SHA-1 (or lol-MD5) collisions? (We do know they stored lastnames as an integer from other threads)

To me, it would seem non-sensical to hash the name each time this is needed, SHA1 is somewhat expensive computationally - and the GUID is used a lot. Would the lab really want to be hashing people's names every time an asset was created, object rezzed and so on? Seems like one is asking the simulator to keep reinventing the wheel, and waste clock cycles doing it.

It would be more efficient to generate it once - even pseudo-randomly  - and store the GUID in the avatar's primary database record, surely? Name and GUID as indexes so  you can come in both ways. And if that's the case there is nothing stopping a rename outside of policy.

Also, as UUIDs are used for everything else, every object in world, every cap, every texture, every animation, every sound, why run multiple styles of UUID? An animation isn't going to use a type 3 or 5 GUID. It's going to be slices since epoch or random.

Also, wouldn't it be smart game design to allow the administrative rename of someone who chose an innapropriate name, or an ex-employee/ceo? Locking people into something generated in 3 to 32^26 letters is going to be asking for problems - especially if real money is involved, and the requirement to rename isn't brought to admin attention for a few years, maybe due to change in policy or political climate or law suit brought about due to trademark.

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

Do you have a source [ ... ] (We do know they stored lastnames as an integer from other threads)

Thank you for the link Skell. I found a post from Ceera Murakami there that pretty much explains it all:

I've known and been involved in numerous projects that started out this way. Back in the "Good Ole Days" before DB management was a routine science, many of us did stupid things like using names instead of UUIDs as record keys. Sadly that "feature" is buried in lots of software still in use today ... more than likely in SL too.

• Like 1

On 27.8.2017 at 4:15 AM, HaileeTempesta said:

Seriously?  That is like saying if someone doesn't wear black leather or carry a whip they can't be a Dom. 

Actually, those are the type of "doms" one should avoid at all costs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Snapshot_112.thumb.jpg.7d8d3947e300fdbee0934b3123419d69.jpg

*sob*

(time to ignite a fire...)

If I was in the market for a Domme and someone showed up dressed like that, I'd be in HEAVEN!

But if a female submissive is in the market for a Dom and a guy shows up in similar attire .. my personal advice would be to RUN!

Yup yup .. there are times when sexism works to our advantage.

No Darrius, this is SL.

1 hour ago, Darrius Gothly said:

If I was in the market for a Domme and someone showed up dressed like (...) a female submissive

Now this is SL MP.

• Haha 1

Well, I'll throw in my two cents' worth.

Hailee has a good point, but everyone else is right too.  While we should NOT "judge a book by its cover", we do.  I'm not offended by the OP's user name, or his Display Name.  I'm a bit squicked out by his lifestyle, but hey, different strokes.  What is obvious though, is that he started out with one lifestyle, and is now following another...and that his original user name reflects that earlier choice.  It's going to be a burden to him in his new persona, and we see that in his post...he has to explain himself.

This is why God created alts.  And why Kieran should, too.

Regarding the idea of people being able to change their username:  Wow, I would be all for it.  This is what we really wanted, and what LL came up with instead was display names.  However, I understand the problem of re-mapping all a person's content to a new UUID.  The solution would be to implement a system whereby one's unique and unchangeable user name would be PRIVATE, just like your password.  That name and UUID would not change.  Then one would also have a display name for use in world.  HOWEVER!  There must also be a way for other people to know who you are.  So...I would make this new type of Display Name permanent, too... well, semi-permanent.  It could be changed, for a fee.  No more of this changing display names on a whim.  We have group role tags which can be used for that purpose.

Back in the days when b.com still wasn't a paysite, i recall a story about a Domme that i felt put things in a better perspective for me.

There was this Domme, that was also a  professional clown, that didn't do the whole " dominance is about black leather and serious faces".

Sometimes she spanked her subs with her clown shoe, while both had fits of giggles. Seriousness was left for truly serious matters, not for fun times.

Why so serious?

Besides, an account is all about the INVENTORY! not so much about the name. If you are ready to abandon your inventory for a better SL name, you clearly don't have enough stuff.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lexbot Sinister said:

If you are ready to abandon your inventory for a better SL name, you clearly don't have enough stuff.....

Sometimes people post things here so profound they just have to be quoted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

HOWEVER!  There must also be a way for other people to know who you are.

Ok, so a couple of thoughts, As to the need for people to know who we are. the current way of changing your name, making an alt, does not do this at all. If I decide i want to just focus on making art and switch to an alt named Pablo Picasso, no one will be able to tell that Pablo is me unless I let them. maybe a way to look up past names could be provided the we can't erase, Right now a persons old display names can be seen on their feed, though i think the feed can be deleted.

As for inventory, it is true clothing cannot be shared, but actually everything else can. I just need to give Pablo edit rights and he can use all my furniture, change my buildings even move the paintings around. True I have to log on as Talligurl to get things out of inventory but my day to day interactions with the SL world can be as Pablo, while using all that stuff. (Yes I know I cannot have my sex bed set to owner only) Aside from the fact that Pablo can't use Talligurl's clothing anyway, even if I came back as Paula Picasso, I don't really wear things all that long anyway. If I really love something I might wear it over the course of a month, most things don't stay in what might be called the active wardrobe much more than a week, and i have moved on to new trendy things and thrown that old crap into a box at the back of the closet. It is only the things like furniture or decor that I use for a long time, and that can be used by the new avi, even if the new avi doesn't actually own it.

2 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I cannot have my sex bed set to owner only

You can do the secks with Pablo in SL?  :ph34r:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Talligurl said:
9 hours ago, Lexbot Sinister said:

If you are ready to abandon your inventory for a better SL name, you clearly don't have enough stuff.....

Sometimes people post things here so profound they just have to be quoted.

And quoted a second time.   :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i don't look at usernames as any indicator unless it's too stupid to exist such as  'urmumsucksme' and similar. we don't have proper legacy names any longer so most aim at whatever they use as logins. mine are randomly generated usually but this sl account has my rl first name lol.

i'm sure dude in thread found people he looked for. 

as for other things - there's plenty great diva queens who are Dommes - you might not be into that but someone else will. 

The ability to change your identity would remove all barriers people might still have to misbehave. Some people see anonymity as a green light to loose any morale. So what if you mess up, do horrible things, ruin your reputation. You can just change your identity and no one knows who you are or what you have done.

Alts are already a way to do this, but that strips you of all you possessions and it is also visible that you are an alt due to account age. That is a big limitation and make people somewhat more responsible in the way they act on their avie.

I am afraid if people can really just change ID whenever it suits them it will be for the worse.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.