DragQueenDiva

Daddy Dom looking for baby girl and femboy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, HaileeTempesta said:

Well you seem to have an exaggerated sense of your own opinion, if the diva fits...

im just expressing my opinion i apologize if it offends you

Yes well love, kindness or even general niceness isn't the vibe you're giving off here, but I suppose he would need to be your sister to warrant that.  Have a great day all.

lets suppose he takes our advise and creates a new account for his new role "DaddyDomDave" will not have much luck if he realizes in a year he is really a sub

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaileeTempesta said:

And FYI not all drag queens are gay, some are married with children so the supergay comment was way off mark.

... how the heck is that off mark ... read it again, perhaps you might get it when seeing it a second time.

i didn't say he is supergay

i didn't say all drags are gay

you make that out of my words...but isn't there

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HaileeTempesta said:

Well you seem to have an exaggerated sense of your own opinion, if the diva fits...

not sure you realise but you are the one here who forces your opinion to us... we only advised or said what we would do ..or how people take names, but you choose to shoot all other opinions than yours down.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2017 at 7:26 AM, DragQueenDiva said:

Obs: Ignore the stupid username, I'm not a drag anymore.

Youre not a drag anymore??? You can't just go from full on diva drag queen to a dom anything.  It doesnt work that way. 

Edited by Chrismaky
  • Like 1

SL is many things to many people, but our names are part of what defines us here.  I seldom ever have user display names turned on because too many people try to use odd fonts that just look weird and cannot be deciphered.  Therefore a person's avatar name is what I go off of.  To me, if I see someone with DragQueen in their name, I am just going to have a hard time thinking of them as a Dom - those are just two different roles.

Side note - the Diva has little meaning to me.  I know people who call themselves Diva that are not annoying and vice versa.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

SL is many things to many people, but our names are part of what defines us here.  I seldom ever have user display names turned on because too many people try to use odd fonts that just look weird and cannot be deciphered.  Therefore a person's avatar name is what I go off of.  To me, if I see someone with DragQueen in their name, I am just going to have a hard time thinking of them as a Dom - those are just two different roles.

As a submissive.. this :D

• Like 4

" if I see someone with DragQueen in their name, I am just going to have a hard time thinking of them as a Dom "

Seriously?  That is like saying if someone doesn't wear black leather or carry a whip they can't be a Dom.  You all have strange ideas about what does or doesn't make up or sound like a Dominant.

" not sure you realise but you are the one here who forces your opinion to us... we only advised or said what we would do ..or how people take names, but you choose to shoot all other opinions than yours down. "

Sorry, but I have done only what everyone else has done, including you, which is state and stand by my opinion.  That is not forcing anything, you all are still going to judge someone by their name no matter what I or anyone else says, your option.  I was just raised differently I suppose, because to me a persons name does not define who they are or what they are or may become.  It's the least important part of a person to me, who they are on the inside is what matters to me, not their name.

3 minutes ago, HaileeTempesta said:

Seriously?  That is like saying if someone doesn't wear black leather or carry a whip they can't be a Dom. 

More like stating if someone is wearing pink leather and whipped cream, dom is not my first thought.

No one ever said he can't be dominant. We are saying it will leave a first impression that will need to be overcome.

• Like 5

A person can run around in pajamas and fuzzy bunny slippers with pigtails and still be a Dominant.  Being a Dominant is not about your name, your clothes, your hobbies or any of that and if that is how people think it's no wonder so many people are getting hurt in D/s or BDSM relationships in SL and RL.

• Like 1

Here is my last opinion regarding this post.  A persons name doesn't matter to me, the actual person does.  If people choose to run around judging others by their names that is their right, however, you could miss out on knowing a wonderful person by doing so.  At the end of the day what matters most to me isn't a persons name, it's about building friendships, being kind to others and being there to help people and with everything going on in this world today those are qualities I admire in others as well. 

Judging people based off a name, skin color, religion, etc it all just adds to the hell going on in the world already and I won't be party to it and don't want to take part in anyone's life that does. Even if you all think it's a trivial thing, just remember that a bunch of trivial things end up becoming a huge thing over time.

Also, I think a lot of people should do some deep research into D/s and or the BDSM lifestyle to truly understand what makes up an actual Dominant.  The misinformation bandied around these forums with no regard to reality and truth about what it means to be or what makes a Dominant or even a submissive could end up causing someone to get hurt.

Have a blessed day.

If my account name was .. say .. KevinSissyboi.  And I started saying I was a Mistress looking for submissive men.  Would you not think something was amiss? Don't you think the majority of submissive men would not even give me a chance to explain my name much less give me their submission?

So why hobble myself with a name that does not describe me?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

and-there-was-much-rejoicing.jpg

Ah, the keyboard Domme has spoken.  All should bow down and worship her witty key stroking skills. So sad, you just can't seem to help but try and make someone feel bad, whether it be the person starting the post or the person trying to get people to be kind to one another.  It truly says a lot about you as a person and as a "Domme".  I feel sorry for people like you.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, HaileeTempesta said:

A person can run around in pajamas and fuzzy bunny slippers with pigtails and still be a Dominant.  Being a Dominant is not about your name, your clothes, your hobbies or any of that and if that is how people think it's no wonder so many people are getting hurt in D/s or BDSM relationships in SL and RL.

We NEVER said he COULDN'T be a Dominant.  However, as much as you might not want to admit it, in SL a person's name does play a role in the impression of that person; quite often it is the first impression of the person. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HaileeTempesta said:

Judging people based off a name, skin color, religion, etc it all just adds to the hell going on in the world ...

Hailee,

At a very treetops level, you are exactly right. But there is also a very important reason why people reach first impressions. Instinctual response is both a life saving habit from our early days living in more dangerous surroundings, and many times more than we like to admit, the quick response is correct. But really, all that mumbo jumbo is absolutely of no concern here. Allow me to explain.

The biggest downfall of stereotypes as you describe them is that far too many people stop their decision making process at that first impression. They look at a person's skin color, religion, language, etc. and make a decision about that person that cannot be overcome for ANY reason whatsoever. Those type of people are called "Bigots".

What the other two people responding to you have pointed out is .. they may have made an initial judgement about the OP's name but they are FAR from keeping that as their final judgement. They are open-minded, willing to listen and learn, anxious to give others a fair chance to prove they have become something more than just a first glance would indicate. I call these people "friends".

You might do well to notice that your "reaction" to their opening less-than positive comments caused you to react in a hard and unchangeable manner. Had you actually taken the time to READ what they said ... read ALL of it .. you would have reached a much different final conclusion. But instead you made a snap first impression judgement and did NOT allow anything else to change it .. no matter what. In my opinion, you have firmly placed yourself in the first category and no where near the second.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, HaileeTempesta said:

Here is my last opinion regarding this post.  A persons name doesn't matter to me, the actual person does.  If people choose to run around judging others by their names that is their right, however, you could miss out on knowing a wonderful person by doing so.  At the end of the day what matters most to me isn't a persons name, it's about building friendships, being kind to others and being there to help people and with everything going on in this world today those are qualities I admire in others as well. 

Have a blessed day.

So you're trying to say that a name, any name, invokes absolutely no feelings in you whatsoever. You think absolutely nothing when you hear/read a name?

I find that very hard to believe, given the fact that it is human nature to attach SOME kind of thought to pretty much any name we hear/see, regardless of what type of thought that is. 

You also seem to believe that it is only your opinion that matters. Others have stated why such a name would invoke a certain type of thought process. They didn't call him names for choosing the name he did, or no longer associating who he wants to be within the confines of sl using that name. But you called anyone that would have any type of not super positive thought, or advice when seeing such a name..shallow.  So who is judging here exactly? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

2 pages on what is a fiting name for a daddydom and not?

You guys are awesome, lol.

That's my motto: "No nit unpicked, no loose thread unpulled, no lame excuse left without further crippling." xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

2 pages on what is a fiting name for a daddydom and not?

You guys are awesome, lol.

We're slipping.  We should have derailed this much faster and in a completely different direction than anything mentioned in the OP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Secondlife should  allow a name change to some level maybe for small fee 14 dollers. Imvu in past I've changed mine if you premium you got one free name change or if you got married both couple got free name change so they could have the last name. I understand when people got here but some cases name change comes handy on imvu unquie names where limited time. Marriage package included the name change the shares room and marriage badge on profile card for 30 dollers and when they discount was 17 dollers. Maybe in the future they can also add like marriage package I understand it be called partnership package.I love second life can move around things have came along way but we can help with ideas.  I adored the truck show event it was like real like wedding expo event cater to wedding clothes and furniture. But maybe make account let sit for 3 months. When I had to marry alt do to stalker I made the guy 5 months he almost a year was on other account ya you gotta protect yourself. 

Edited by Dreamerra

On 27/08/2017 at 0:26 PM, HaileeTempesta said:

A person can run around in pajamas and fuzzy bunny slippers with pigtails

Now you have me looking for hidden cameras in my bedroom!

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.