Random Linden Charges

EevMaster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, Thank you for reading this whoever you are. Today I tried to buy some Lindens, but when my card wouldn't be accepted I ended up giving up and just spending the cash on something else. I was using a prepaid giftcard so it wasn't a big deal. But then when I went back to check how much I had left on it there were 2 charges from the linden labs for 1$ when I didn't even receive any lindens in game nor got anything in return out of it. I have a picture that is attached to this of my transaction history. I would appreciate if these charges were removed so I could have my 2$ back. Thanks! 

I scrached out some parts of the transaction history that were either unimportant or that could trace back to me.halp.PNG.09148edd93765e78a0256cb022a1e0dc.PNG

6 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, EevMaster said:

I would appreciate if these charges were removed so I could have my 2$ back. Thanks! 

that are nothing else than checks done by LL when you tried to add the non useable payment method. Those will normally not be charged but only trials. In general it's refunded/corrected within 24h.

Because your payment method doesn't allow two way payments it fails. (btw might be worth to use paypal instead of trying to add debitcards, paypal mostly accepts those to load the balance on it ) You can read a lot about payment methods in the Billing section of the knowledgebase,

Payment methods need to be tracable to a rl person. Debit cards aren't.

• Like 1

Alwin's excellent points in a nutshell:

1. You cannot use a prepaid card of any kind, even if it has a Mastercard or Visa logo on it.

2. Those $1 "charges" are not actual money transfers.  They are ledger entries, part of the standard verification process that many businesses use when a new user applies for credit access.  If the card had been verified, they would have been matched immediately by +$1 entries.

Read

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.