Help with Akeruka Bento head

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I've bought a new Akeruka Bento head (Lara) and I'm having a whole host of problems with it.  I know everyone will say "ask them!" or "ask the group" but the group costs money just to ask a question so that ain't happening.   So, at the risk of being banned I won't go into the many problems I've had but one thing is really driving me nuts which is the "shine" on the face.  There are very few skins for this head as it is and the ones I've found all look pretty horrible because of this shine.  

As you can see in the attached picture, there is a somewhat hidden control in the skins tab of the HUD that allows for shininess control but it has two problems, one is that it's marked in reverse (the LOW setting is actually high shine and the HIGH setting is actually low shine), the other is that as you can see, even on the lowest shine setting, my face is pretty damn shiny and Akeruka uses this very textured mesh, so it kind of looks like a sponge when you zoom in.  

Please, please, is there anyone out there who is using Akeruka Bento heads that has info on how to change this?  I found that the SHAPE of this head (why I bought it) is fantastic, but almost everything else about it is problematic.    

Does anyone even know if an update is coming?  I've heard a rumour there is, but who knows?  

Without access to the support group the whole experience is pretty nerve-racking.  

Snapshot_057.png

8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

According to your photo it looks like you have "shininess" turned all the way up. 

shiny.JPG.a3071e3b98c6ca8df13ad888565e585b.JPG

Just click on the white area in that slider and that should do it I think.

Yes, but the scale is backwards.  If I put it on "low" it's even MORE shiny.  Like a LOT more.  

Which doesn't speak well for Akeruka's quality control either.  :-/

4 hours ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

Hmmm. I looked at the pic, zoomed in and I'm not sure it comes from the skin. Did you checked the shininess on the layers too?

Good point.  I'm not sure how I would do that though.  

I searched the entire UI of the HUD looking for a fix and the only control I found for shine is the one in the picture on the main skins tab.  

The head does have a problem where the various layers on it (the freckle patch across the nose for instance), show up as different "blobby" colour patches depending on the lighting environment.  I have other Bento heads with the same sort of makeup layers that don't do this so I'm not sure what the cause is. 

PS - I'm trying my best not to completely diss Akeruka here but as I said the head has multiple problems.  

9 hours ago, angeoco said:

It seems you can also use Omega skins with AK heads: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-AK/8659276 . The Omega relay (system kit) is cheaper if you buy it in the Omega inworld shop after joining their group.

Good to know.  I haven't been able to find hardly any skins for Akeruka Bento heads so far and my body is Tonic so it also supports Omega natively.  

I really wish the creators would get behind the Omega system.  Open standards matter and there is no reason for all the different appliers (except maybe greed IMO). 

• Like 1

So here is a shot of a friend of mine with an AK head. It was a group gift a couple months ago or so. There is no shine. She is wearing a 7 Deadly Skins applier. So it IS possible.  She said she didn't do anything special. She doesn't like the hud either LOL.

EDIT: I see from HER hud picture that there is an OFF option. Yours says LOW so maybe that is your issue. You want the shine OFF. 

AKhead.thumb.JPG.37f6a3ef52ef3caf4d55356313fd9079.JPGAKhead2.thumb.JPG.4daa4c4a1e1068933ab2f0b98a550f6c.JPG

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

On 8/18/2017 at 6:24 AM, Chic Aeon said:

So here is a shot of a friend of mine with an AK head. It was a group gift a couple months ago or so. There is no shine. She is wearing a 7 Deadly Skins applier. So it IS possible.  She said she didn't do anything special. She doesn't like the hud either LOL.

EDIT: I see from HER hud picture that there is an OFF option. Yours says LOW so maybe that is your issue. You want the shine OFF. 

AKhead.thumb.JPG.37f6a3ef52ef3caf4d55356313fd9079.JPGAKhead2.thumb.JPG.4daa4c4a1e1068933ab2f0b98a550f6c.JPG

AS Chic said - it needs to be on OFF, though it's not immediately apparent how to do it. If you haven't worked out, just click on the word 'LOW' and it will change to 'HI'. Click again and it will turn to 'OFF'.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.