lowering tier after a sale

En Karu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I sold all my land and got paid and took the money out of SL in dollars.  So that all worked.  

Now how do I go about resetting my tier level -- specifically how do I lower it from $25 a month to $0.00?  My online account still shows me owning some 4000SqM  and having a $25 per month payment.  The radio buttons lower down don't work.  I know SL charges full tier for ownership of any part of a month and I don't want to get a September bill.

Thanks.

T. Moore

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, En Karu said:

I sold all my land and got paid and took the money out of SL in dollars.  So that all worked.  

Now how do I go about resetting my tier level -- specifically how do I lower it from $25 a month to $0.00?  My online account still shows me owning some 4000SqM  and having a $25 per month payment.  The radio buttons lower down don't work.  I know SL charges full tier for ownership of any part of a month and I don't want to get a September bill.

Thanks.

T. Moore

It's been awhile for me but if you cannot lower your tier via the backend web area you may need to put in a support ticket. You will of course be charged for the highest you used for the month which often means paying a month when you have no land, but you should be able to change that unless something has changed. So chat up live chat and see what's up. 

PS. You will likely get a September bill but at least you know you need to change those settings. A good start. 

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Just a reminder that any tier contributed to a landowning group must be explicitly removed or it will still count as tier, whether there's any land owned by that group or not.

Yeah I know.  And I'm trying believe me.  And thanks to Chic Aeon for the tip.

Edited by En Karu

12 hours ago, En Karu said:

Thanks.

T. Moore

Actually it only partly worked.  The Lab seems to be having a problem finding my PayPal account (note: sarcasm).  So while the sale is recorded the payment is "In Progress" and has been for a few days.  It's called "float time."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.