i lost my lindens

sandrina1981

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

• Administrators

Hello sandrina1981,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with missing L$. Since we cannot assist with these types of issues on the Forums, we have created a Support case for you. Case # 02529558

For future reference, any time you have issues with such as these, please feel free to submit a Support Case (you can do so by going to this handy link here: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/) or alternatively, you can call one of our Billing support numbers (Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067 or Long-Distance: 703.286.6277) and they should also be able to assist you.

To avoid issues such as these in the future, we highly encourage you to not accept or rez items from people that you do not know. You may also want to adjust your debit permissions.

Sincerely,

Kristin Linden

• Like 3

Follow these instructions immediately >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security

Then select the object and use your editor to get the name of the last owner and the object's creator.  Submit an Abuse Report with that information and any other information (where you got it, how much L$ you lost ...).  Then delete the object and remove it from your inventory.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2

I am glad Kristin Linden caught this and is assisting you, Sandrina.

PLEASE pay attention to Kristin's last sentence.  You should be careful about rezzing or wearing objects that strangers give you!

Of course, that would also mean that you'd miss out on lots of things offered to you by honest, well-meaning people.

Here's what to look out for:  If you rez or wear something, and it produces a warning notice saying that it is asking permission to take $L from you, DON'T CLICK THE "ALLOW" BUTTON!  Click "DENY", and delete the object.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.