Lumiya Help needed

PrincessClarie Warwillow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, PrincessClarie Warwillow said:

Hello 

I see one can rez objects and take objects back which is great but is there a building mode as such so that one can move objects ... a basic build mode ???

keep in mind that to fit on a phone/tablet Lumiya is a far stripped down viewer. Lot of features are not available or just in a very basic way.

If you look for info about it you best try a user group or their own website. It can take some time before a co user comes here and sees your question.

I had to use it for a week when my HD killed itself.  It was good as a chat app.  Even listening to a DJ and dancing via my hud.  I could rez things but with difficulty and when I got back online properly, laughed at where the stuff was rezzed.  Building would be impossible.  I could change outfits easily with saved outfits but after 2 days I wanted to throw my tablet out the window in frustration.

I repeat, It's a good chat app if you need to be social but if more than 2 people IM and then groups start popping open... prepare for typing in the wrong box :D

Lumiya is pretty amazing for what it does.  It's designed for people who either don't own a real computer or who just need to be able to log in briefly to check on their in-world business while they are away from home.  It handles most of the primary functions of the standard viewer and gives you basic graphics, which Radegast doesn't (and no other mobile viewer ever did either).  No, it can't do heavy lifting, but you can't expect to do everything when you log in to SL on a smart phone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.