Dog pets, not human pets.

CaraMcLean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really don't know where to ask this but, I've been looking at Kittycats, my friend has them and they are cute n all but...  I'm the kitty in my household thank you very much so...  Dogs, with the same sort of system?

Has anyone got recommendations for a decent system with variety like Kittycats but for dogs, with different breeds etc?  I'm not really into the purse dog/rat hybrids, just want a regular fun family dog really like a boxer or something that has the same sort of functions, can stay at home or come with me if I attach (scripts permitting), can choose to age, feed 'n' breed or disable with a scooby snack addon, that sort of thing.  

Kind of lost searching in world and on the market. 

I'm not aware of any system that is exactly like Kittycats, only with dogs ... rather just covering certain aspects of their features.

For pretty looks and subtle, smooth animations, have a look at Jian. Their pets also usually come with a "companion" pet, one to attach to you to walk around. Some of their pets also have a roaming option.

Outdated looks and pretty script heavy for my liking: Zooby by Carrie Tatsu.

There is also a brand along the lines of Virtual Kennel Club or something, got no personal experience with those ones. I think they can be trained to some degree, but not sure about the details.

• Thanks 1

I like Jian, this store has some really nice decorative animals but I've not seen any pet in this store.

15 hours ago, CaraMcLean said:

Has anyone got recommendations for a decent system with variety like Kittycats but for dogs, with different breeds etc?  I'm not really into the purse dog/rat hybrids, just want a regular fun family dog really like a boxer or something that has the same sort of functions, can stay at home or come with me if I attach (scripts permitting), can choose to age, feed 'n' breed or disable with a scooby snack addon, that sort of thing.  

A long time ago -before meshes-, I bought a tabby cat at A.I.F. Pets. It still looks good for a primy thing. It has a Feed, Pat, Play, Call, Bath options. It can also be hold (Hug) to walk with it on other sims. I know the store also has pet dogs. If you don't find A.I.F. pets, I'll give you the surl. It's probably not 100% exactly what you're looking for but it may be worth a look there.

Edited by Morgan Rosenstar
  • Like 1

The one that I'm aware of, besides Virtual Kennel Club, is Bio-Breeds (because they generally have a free one for a gift at the SL Birthday's).  I haven't rezzed mine out yet, so I don't know first hand how they compare with how KittyCats behave, but it sounds like it should be pretty similar.   I should dig mine out of inventory and give it a try one of these days. 

If you want breedable(which the kittycats brand is breedable, and all breedables have to be taken care of, fed, etc..) biobreeds would be your best option for dogs, they have a VERY wide variety of dogs. In fact, if you IM me inworld with the kind(s) you're looking for, and I have it, I can send you one, or two(since you need two, to breed), they may need updated if I have an older version of them, but that's free. I have a TON of them. And I'll be on for a bit tonight.  I just checked, lol, I have labs, beagles, bulldogs and boxers in male and female, I also have huskies but they're all female, so you'd need a male to go with. 

If you want a dog that just roams around, plays, etc.. get a jian, there's tons of their gachas on the MP(not super high priced, but VERY good quality, I love mine, I have a bunch of them). Look for the wanderer versions, if you want one to rez out that you don't have to take care of. 

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 2

I really like Jian's pets. The ones that wander and attach as a companion are extremely well detailed and the movements are smooth. It's easy to find them on the marketplace or you can go to the store and play their machines and take a chance on getting what you want. Wide assortment of dogs available. I particularly like the Jack Russel Terriers.  They also have some cats and other animals.

I used to have breedables of various types but really disliked having to spend more money to keep them alive.  It was fun for a while but unless you come inworld regularly (which I stopped doing) winding up with a very sick or dying pet is likely.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.