Wearing things by accident

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

41 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Coincidentally, my mouse was frequently doing that recently. I swapped it over for another mouse just a few days ago.

Well that was MY thought also and glad you responded to this as well as the poster before you as I forgot to come and end the story.

The reason why I didn't think it might "just" be a mouse thing was because it only happened in SL, not in any other program (not the wearing of a house of course, but the EFFECT of the seemingly double click).

And yes before ADD became a very important part of our skillset I would double click on an item all the time to wear it.   But no other issues an any programs and I use my mouse a LOT. 

So I ordered a nice new mouse similar to the one I had with purple trim and waited for Amazon to deliver.  Then in the manner that the Universe sometimes uses to remind us things are not what they seem, the effect went away. No more odd items being worn even when I rezzed something close to myself. 

My new mouse arrived and stayed in its mailer pouch for a few days since I was still not having issues, then I opened it and adopted it since It was prettier ---- being all shiny purple trim and all. 

So it is difficult to say what was going on, but I do have a new mouse and all IS well. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Darrius Gothly said:

And did you wear anything interesting before the swap?

hehe. Nope. I haven't rezzed anything from my inventory in goodness knows how long. I think it was months ago. Sorry that I can't add to the mirth in this thread :(

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Sad 1

Well, that's you and me sorted out, Chic - both with a change of mouse, although you probably didn't need to change it. Or perhaps the wicked gremlin in yours might have smelled the new mouse even while it was still in its packet, and decided to hide for a while in fear of being replaced. Not that it helped the gremlin in the end. Even so, be careful of the old mouse. If you decide to use it again, maybe on another computer, you run the risk of sparking the wicked gremlin into a new reign of terror  :o

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.