display name

GracieLeeba

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

please could someone help me? I have to get my display name back im a dj and I work in SL. I accidently clicked on the reset button.. please the weekend is coming up an I do have to dj all weekend... please help me get it back so I don't have to wait. .. ppl are telling me SL can get it back for me but theres no phone number to call to ask for help and if you go to secondlife homepage there is not help section but this and no one answers back.. I know you have to wait 7 days for your display to be changed but if there is a quick way due to working in SL please help me ..

9 answers to this question

You need to contact Linden Lab support to ask them to allow you to change your display name before the 7 days is up.

If you are a premium member, you can use Live Chat here: https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

If you are basic member (or premium)  you can file a support ticket here: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GracieLeeba said:

I know there is a number to call to ask a representative to help me .

No, there is not. As both Alwin and Whirly have told you, you may submit a case through Support and request an early reset of your Display Name, but do not expect miracles.  There are plenty of other people who think that they have good reasons to change a Display Name before the 7 day limit.  Very few of them, if any, will get their wish.  Alwin suggested a good alternative for the short term -- set your Display Name in a group tag, so it appear over your head for now.  Give it a try.

7 minutes ago, GracieLeeba said:

please could someone help me? I have to get my display name back im a dj and I work in SL. I accidently clicked on the reset button.. please the weekend is coming up an I do have to dj all weekend... please help me get it back so I don't have to wait. .. ppl are telling me SL can get it back for me but theres no phone number to call to ask for help and if you go to secondlife homepage there is not help section but this and no one answers back.. I know you have to wait 7 days for your display to be changed but if there is a quick way due to working in SL please help me ..

this is the third time you post it.

There is only one answer, but no other options than mentioned there.

Of course there is a help section, just go to your accountpage...

there's no phone number, SL doesn't provide technical help on that medium. Only billing has phone support. For premium members there's live chat, but only available on certain times.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GracieLeeba said:

You gave me the wrong info.. IM told that my display name can be brought back without having to wait 7 DAYS.. I asked again because you do not know the answer but others out there do . I read the 7 days waiting message. and that is what your saying .. im asking something completely different. so if you please let someone else answer it thanks.

as said : CONTACT SUPPORT

1 minute ago, GracieLeeba said:

dude ive been all over linden labs and secondlife websites.. im wanting help . and to be honest I ran into this same thing years back by accidently losing my display name. a LL person got it back for me. ..so there .. you do good at helping but you give info that ppl already know. and support for sl does not work . I know there is a number to call to ask a representative to help me .. There is no reason a person cannot get their display name back if lost by accident and they need it to be notice at events where I dj . IF those places you said worked then why am I asking the same question three times? .. secondlife support does not work .

If you are a premium account, you can speak to a Linden right now by going on Live Chat here: https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

There are only phone numbers for billing support.  You can try calling there for help if you want, but don't be surprised if they ask you to file a support ticket, it's worth a shot though.
Here are the numbers: https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/

If billing support won't fix this for you & you are not a premium member then the only option is to file a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Just because the answers aren't ones you like does not mean they are wrong, Gracie.

1.  The system requires that you wait a week before changing your Display Name.  

2.  If you want to try to work around that system, you need the help of Support.

3.  There is no phone number for Technical Support.  You can call Billing, but I don't think they will be able to help with this.  Just in case, I've appended the numbers below.

4.  If you want Technical Support, you must file a support ticket, UNLESS you are Premium.  If you are Premium, you can request help via Live Chat.

5.  There is a work-around that you can do yourself.  Create a group, or if you already have a group of your own, use that.  Change the title for your group role to match your desired Display Name, or create a new group role with the desired title.  Then wear that group tag.

All the above are not new, other people have already told you.  I'm just summarizing

LL Billing Phone Numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

dude ive been all over linden labs and secondlife websites.. im wanting help . and to be honest I ran into this same thing years back by accidently losing my display name. a LL person got it back for me. ..so there .. you do good at helping but you give info that ppl already know. and support for sl does not work . I know there is a number to call to ask a representative to help me .. There is no reason a person cannot get their display name back if lost by accident and they need it to be notice at events where I dj . IF those places you said worked then why am I asking the same question three times? .. secondlife support does not work . 

Edited by GracieLeeba

You gave me the wrong info.. IM told that my display name can be brought back without having to wait 7 DAYS.. I asked again because you do not know the answer but others out there do . I read the 7 days waiting message. and that is what your saying .. im asking something completely different. so if you please let someone else answer it thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.