Export mesh body to Blender

DXD136

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, 

I purchased a mesh avatar from Signature called Anthony. Now I would like to know how to import this mesh body into Blender so I can make some clothes that fits.

I already have Avastar but when I export my avatar (as .XML) and import it into Blender the body doesn't look the same at all. I think its importing the default SL shape.

I'm guessing it's because my new avatar is only a skin and I don't have modify rights...

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Dominic.

3 hours ago, DXD136 said:

I'm guessing it's because my new avatar is only a skin and I don't have modify rights...

Yes, it's because the new avatar is only a skin and you don't have modify rights. ;)

Not a skin actually, it's a fairly complex mesh you wear on top of your system avatar but it can't be exported.

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

Yes, it's because the new avatar is only a skin and you don't have modify rights. ;)

Not a skin actually, it's a fairly complex mesh you wear on top of your system avatar but it can't be exported.

I was afraid of getting an answer like that... :)

Oh well, it's too bad. It's a nice avatar but finding clothes for it like a muscle shirt is just impossible. The HUD is not too bad but it needs more defined alpha cuts.

Thank you ChinRey

10 hours ago, DXD136 said:

Oh well, it's too bad. It's a nice avatar b

The Anthony is a pretty old product, it's never been very wide spread nor made a lot of clothes for it.

It's also not that well in renderweights.. and it's not fitted mesh, but liquid mesh, thats a older system and hardly used anymore.

It's also not using the Bento skeleton and if i'm not wrong no Omega support.

You will however find enough products for the newer Gianni model or other brands like SLink, Belleza and Adam.

I'm affraid the development kit that MSTRPLN mentions won't work for the old product, but only for the Gianni model. (Gianni is fitted mesh, and Bento, ánd omega compatible)

Edited by Alwin Alcott

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

The Anthony is a pretty old product, it's never been very wide spread nor made a lot of clothes for it...

Thank you Alwin for your info. I will have a look at the other bodies.

Dominic.

Yes, what Alwin said, grab the Gianni dev kit, there is a kiosk in the (hard to find) store, you put your email and they send it to you, but also try to do the Belleza Jake, its the new bell of the ball so to speak, Adam stuff seems sort of less in demand AFAICT, and TMP is so old its already got tons of stuff available.  Remember, people will appreciate you selling clothing fitted to multiple bodies, your sales will reflect that too im sure.  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.