Up and Down Voting

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/11/2017 at 9:40 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

While I'm on the subject of useless and annoying features, how about those up- and down-voting buttons to the left of thread posts?  When people use these, it changes the order of the posts in the thread.  Many times, though, one post is a reply or an addition to a previous one.  By re-ordering the posts in the thread, it makes it difficult to follow the thread's internal developmental logic.

I vote for eliminating the Vote buttons.  Or at least, use them to only record the number of votes, not to change the order of the posts.

There is no need for up and down votes. On Reddit it has the effect of promoting group-think, and those contrary to the status quo are silenced with downvotes.

Add to that fact that there is no context behind the up or down votes, it just encourages people to be lazy and agree or disagree from the wings, without having to support their viewpoint much.

It also gives power to voting 'cliques' that can skew the actual status of the opinions of most SL Forumers, and again is only presented without any explanation as to why they agree or disagree.

14 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

How about a coherent log in process. Yes I know is off topic but it seems the only way to log in (forum wise) is via replying to a thread. Move as needed.

/me is confused

Right there in the upper right of the screen is the 'SIGN IN' link

image.thumb.png.c6d8432b10b462520d1010db760b1b9e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.