I want my own land

pudgyfurby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is no "just buy" with any kind of land available in SL.

The main difference is Mainland including Linden Homes owned by LL themselves versus Private Estates operated by other SL users. The two different terms are intentionally picked, because in the end, LL is always the landlord and you never really own a plot of land.

If you've got a premium account, the closest to your "get it and be done with it" would probably be a Linden Home, which is included in your membership. No extra costs for more tier, just pick one from the available neighborhoods and you're good to go.

• Like 1

To expand on what Lillith said, when you have your premium account that comes with 512m of land available you don't have to get a Linden Home. You can find and purchase a plot of land that is 512m either from someone in game or from the land auctions. Since you have your premium 512m land allotment you will not be charged extra monthly for a Land Use fee. As you can see from that page the more land you own the more monthly fees you have to pay. You can avoid premium membership and rent land from a private Sim but you will still have the weekly/monthly fees to pay the land owner. 

So all in all you will always have a fee to pay, whether it's for a premium account +/- Land fees or with a landlord.

If you just want to get started with something small and test the waters to see where you want to go, I can set you up a small skybox for 50 Lindens a week. 

I would recommend that you rent first. Try it out because you will make mistakes and you can learn from them. I am a mainland owner, so I have a premium membership. I find that 512m is too small for me. So I have a 2014m ploy. That does cost me an extra $15 a month; so be aware. 

Also if you buy a home be aware that many homes will not fit on 512m lot. You will need to find out the number of prims too. Whether you rent or buy, you only get so many prims to use. That used to be a much bigger problem that it is today but just be aware there are limits.

On 8/17/2017 at 6:33 PM, JoeDex said:

I would recommend that you rent first. Try it out because you will make mistakes and you can learn from them. I am a mainland owner, so I have a premium membership. I find that 512m is too small for me. So I have a 2014m ploy. That does cost me an extra $15 a month; so be aware. 

Also if you buy a home be aware that many homes will not fit on 512m lot. You will need to find out the number of prims too. Whether you rent or buy, you only get so many prims to use. That used to be a much bigger problem that it is today but just be aware there are limits.

Amazing!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.