New store launching

XanderRosewood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In early 2018 I will be launching a brand new store called D&B (Duke & Beary).  It will be a high-end mall and will feature designers from all over the metaverse.  I am looking for designers who may be interested in renting a space.  The rental fee will be 400L a month for a store front in the new mall.  I am also seeking investors. Please reply to this post, or send me an offline IM and I will get back to you asap. 

Hmmmmm  So from what you have written, you have a new Store  in a new mall and you are renting stores out.  So what does your store sell?  I guess my question is, with sooo sooo soo many malls and stores in SL now,  what do you have to offer that would be of superior value to a renter, than the other 1 million malls.  

My suggestions for you venture would be to.

Wait until you are close to the end of the year to advertise since pretty much no one cares about plans (seriously).

Have your mall built before you contact people.

Have your advertising set before you contact people.

Have your EVENTS set before you contact people.

If you don't follow those ideas the chances of success are very slim as most of us toss invitations unless we know the people involved, the venue,  or it hasn't been done in SL (not much of that) and that it sounds like a great idea.

As far as investors go, you might try and team up with another new person with fairly deep pockets, as the older folks know how difficult it is to get a mall going and working and viable.

I do wish you luck. Just do some homework and make a concrete plan so that your hopes don't get smashed into tiny pixels :D. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

As a retailer, who has tried many malls, I am over malls.

Yup, this. There's just no point at all if you have a main store already.  There really is no such thing as passing trade in SL except at events which is where most people find new brands.  Malls attached to clubs are particularly awful and pointless because of the inevitable lag.  If we want to shop we can either TP to a main store which will carry the full range, or at least all the latest stuff, or go to the marketplace.  

I have an art gallery in a gallery district, I do it more because I like being represented there, and I have another gallery in a residential area, that the owner lets me use at no cost, both get most of thier sales from people I send there, or people who find my work on the Market Place and want to see it Inworld.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 1

I don't go to malls at all anymore. My business partners store does mostly sales from their main store and from events and when hunters stumble upon their stuff. Most malls I see these days unless it's run by a super well known brand don't stay open because the stores are only half full and it doesn't cover tier. Events do more business these days and there are a lot of those.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.