Belleza Jake Body - Need Recommendations.

HongJeonghan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so I have no clue if this is the right forum to post this but I'm trying to find recommendations for clothing and shoes for the Belleza Jake body. Mostly Shoes I need sneakers badly but want to know all the good places to get stuff. I went to GAS and they had a few things but yeah I can't seem to find many yet except them and Fashionatic. I have done a search for mens clothing in the SL search but it was taking me to places that had old mesh clothing and barely anything for mesh bodies. Any help would be appreciated.

The good news is you are in the right place.

I recently tried to update an alt who wears Slink's body.  Jake is new and the products made for the body are still limited.  I *think* you can wear Slink feet with the body to get a match for shoes.  I know it is not the best solution but it is an option for now.

My heart goes out to any man who tries to build a good avatar these days.  I haven't even found the right hair yet.

• Like 1

Hair is such a pain. My avi wears long hair but not the kind you see in all the stores ya know the one that's kinda either rocker or quite native american it's too long. I'll try grabbing demos and testing out this slink feet theory! I never thought of trying!

Belleza's Jake is still a fairly new body on the market, but already there are quite a few designers creating specifically for it. I suggest checking out The Mens Dept and Men Only Monthly events to begin with. You'll also find that most clothing that's fitted to the Signature Gianni body will also fit your Jake body, as they're very similar.

I haven't seen much in the way of footwear fitted for the Jake body, so you're best off getting the Slink Flat feet (lots of footwear available for that) and using the Jake HUD option to wear Slink feet.

As to longish hair, can you give us more of an idea of what style you're looking for? I tend to wear short hair and when I go long I go long, but if you browse a few pages back through my Flickr you might see a style that appeals to you. I wear a lot of hair by Exile, Stealthic, Dura, etc. I credit everything, either on the Flickr post itself, or in the linked blog post under the Flickr image.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Belleza's Jake is still a fairly new body on the market, but already there are quite a few designers creating specifically for it. I suggest checking out The Mens Dept and Men Only Monthly events to begin with. You'll also find that most clothing that's fitted to the Signature Gianni body will also fit your Jake body, as they're very similar.

I haven't seen much in the way of footwear fitted for the Jake body, so you're best off getting the Slink Flat feet (lots of footwear available for that) and using the Jake HUD option to wear Slink feet.

As to longish hair, can you give us more of an idea of what style you're looking for? I tend to wear short hair and when I go long I go long, but if you browse a few pages back through my Flickr you might see a style that appeals to you. I wear a lot of hair by Exile, Stealthic, Dura, etc. I credit everything, either on the Flickr post itself, or in the linked blog post under the Flickr image.

I'm heading to TMD today actually but I've never heard of Men Only Monthly so I'll have to check that out. I did see pictures of the Gianni and thought they did have a very similar shape, the alpha cuts are a huge help in making stuff fit if the shape is a little off unlike the slink body which I wanted to just scream at. I found some awesome mesh sneakers at a store called Kokoia which I found on the MP and they had Belleza size.

Second I love your flickr, I instantly followed! I now have to head to Mina Hair because Myrtle looks like it might be something I like and also Bad at Love from Exile. Being an asian with long hair is tough! I am thinking of getting the slink feet as an extra if I don't see many options for the Belleza feet but I need to check if Clef De Peau do the feet appliers for slink.

You've been a really big help!

• Like 1

If you're aiming for an Asian look (and you've not yet purchased skin appliers) then I strongly suggest visiting Stray Dog (creator: Gac Akina - look him up in search and get the current Stray Dog SLurl from his picks section) to pick up some demos. He has some truly fantastic Asian skins, and has also just released Belleza body appliers to match them.

I mainly wear the Slink body, and I agree that sometimes it can be frustrating. I'd just love for the front of the torso to be divided into more vertical cuts. Quite often I want to mask off the sides but not the front, and I can't do that with Slink, so it limits my ability to wear some clothing. I do own the Jake body, but I love my Slink so much I hardly ever wear Jake.

Be aware that Mina's Myrtle hair was a gift at SL14B, so it might not be out in the store. Also, it's a female style, so it'll dig in a little bit between your shoulderblades at the back. For hair that looks that great from the front, I'm usually willing to overlook that, but if it's available and still free I'd definitely pick it up anyway.

When it comes to appliers, I'd recommend looking for Omega body appliers. (Stray Dog do have Omega appliers, if you decide to go with their skins.) With the Slink and Belleza Omega relays, these will work on both your Jake body and Slink feet, so you won't need to buy separate Slink feet appliers. Buy the relays first, since you'll probably want them at some point anyway, and then demo some Omega-compatible skins from designers you like. Usually, body appliers will also tint the feet, but a few of them don't, so it's always best to check first.

• Like 2

Try no.match for hair.

And try on demos, if you want a thinner look and take down muscle mass in the torso.... then TMP fits well.

I had a long reply with pictures in another thread, no need to repost all here. I just post my (alt) in Deadwool clothes. The shirt is TMP fit and the shorts is Gianni fit. The body had to use alpha cuts, but the fit around arms and legs in the one that really matter.

The sandals are these, and they are not rigged, so I could edit them manually. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MADRIGAL-MALE-Leather-Sandals-Daniel-SLINK-TMP-SIGNATURE/11437089

The other thread is:

Please ignore me sounding grumpy there on page 2. :$

I recommend LV Design skin too, it is my favourite after to Stray Dog. Go to the Marketplace and search for Denjiro.

The marketplace is a good place to find clothes and shoes. Search for Belleza Jake, but search for TMP and Gianni too.

jake.png

Edited by Marianne Little

I was trying to buy clothes for  mesh JAKE in  order  to distract myself  from   frustration  caused by  my not  able to blend the  jake mesh body  to  my neck  (and HEAD). i cant erase the ,line or  blend  skin  tones.   am i  stuck  with blue  sneakers  and purpel   shorts and unmatched body  to  head?

5 hours ago, petersweat said:

I was trying to buy clothes for  mesh JAKE in  order  to distract myself  from   frustration  caused by  my not  able to blend the  jake mesh body  to  my neck  (and HEAD). i cant erase the ,line or  blend  skin  tones.   am i  stuck  with blue  sneakers  and purpel   shorts and unmatched body  to  head?

What are you wearing, default head or mesh head? What skin on the head, what skin on the body? (Default skin or an applier skin)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.