Sign in to follow this  
AmandaKeen

Roleplay Night

I'm just asking a question to see if anyone else might be interested in trying to make this work...

I was once an avid "every night" role player - but time, family and work have really limited my ability to be an into RP 6 nights a week and "maintain the thread" of what's going on. Over the years I have had other friends drop off "the scene"  for the same reasons.

So, my Partner suggested that if enough folks -could- be available 1 or 2 nights a week (time slot, theme and location TBD) to run a specific RP thread - that might work for those of us whose lives have edged us out of the community.

Lots of issues with this.....where to play, what day/time? 

Maybe this would be a sub-set in an existing RP environment that runs on the appointed day and with character specific to that RP (the characters do not play outside the set Rp although the Player can do whatever on an alternate character) and the RP itself has to conform to the sim rules and Moderators of the Host Sim. 

I see lots of obstacles, but I would really like to do something for other Players whose RL time commitments have left them "missing the old days when we got to RP"

What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

I would say it's not going to be that easy but if you can gather enough roleplayers around this theme, it might also interested rp sim owners who usually like to see that there are rp going on their sim.

I am a professor, and I am new to second life.  I want to do a role play with 3 of my students for a class exercise---Would anyone be interested in helping us with this activity?

All of us are first time users.  If you can help, please send me an email at:   rose.jaffer@yahoo.com  

This help would be greatly appreciated--! 

Roz

If child avatars are allowed, I'm interested. I'm not as excited about forced character exclusivity, but I like the rest of the idea. If roleplaying is getting to complicated, make it less complicated and just play. I just don't see why we insist on making things harder than they need to be.

What theme are you thinking. If medi fantasy there is a place I know that can start it. I would then suggest talking to various sim owners to see if its okay to use their sim for locations. It gets them traffic and gets you different places to play!

If Medi Fantasy I would be game!