You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay Everyone this is My Opinion for Taking a moment and Read this Post and take a idea for Group Founders and Owners

Group Founders that Made a group that shows in there groups Foundered by ( Your Name ) they should get MORE Rights then Owners that should eject a Owner this would make things lot more easier then making a ticket and wait for some time before the Owners add More alts or people in for taking over Groups in Second Life..

Im only asking for my Own Opinion for the Founder of that group if he/she is still in the group then they get more rights but if they leave the group then they lost all that rights to them not reclaiming they own group back... thats is what im saying for my idea of it and it would make things LOT more better to run like that

Coming From the MC Community to make things a bit easier

Signature

Wildman2 Steamer

Edited by wildman2 Steamer
adding more info into the Post
  • Like 3

I agree to this, and I know what you are talking about. I think this would be awesome feature because it would help the founders to get their own group back, and ejected people that ownership rights. Founders should have the right to have more rights than owners do in my opinion. I think Linden Lab should be on top of this as, soon, as possible.

Edited by Patrick032986
  • Like 2

This is the second recent thread where several previously unknown people have come together to agree with one another - in very quick time. It's all one person, of course. I don't know what makes them think they can fool anyone. I imagine that the person is thinking that the more people who agree with the original post, the more weight it will have with LL. Bless him/her :D

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Cindy Evanier let's back up, and think about this for a moment, if someone took over your group that you are a founder of, and, if you want to remove owners from your own group, and you can't than you would have to contact Linden Lab, if a founder had more rights be able to eject a owner from a group than that would put less strain on Linden Lab, and you don't have to wait around for Linden Lab to reply on the tickets just to get rid of some people in a group. I don't know how that would be drama in my opinion.

Edited by Patrick032986

5 minutes ago, Patrick032986 said:

Cindy Evanier let's back up, and think about this for a moment, if someone took over your group that you are a founder of, and, if you want to remove owners from your own group, and you can't than you would have to contact Linden Lab, if a founder had more rights be able to eject a owner from a group than that would put less strain on Linden Lab, and you don't have to wait around for Linden Lab to reply on the tickets just to get rid of some people in a group. I don't know how that would be drama in my opinion.

My comment still stands. If a founder sells the group on (which happens a lot)  your idea makes it easy for them to just take it back again from the person who has bought it.  I know of incidents where someone sold a business took the money, then 6 months changed their mind and they wanted the business back.  The new owner did not want to sell.  With your scenario the founder could just simply change their mind and take it back from the new owner.

6 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

My comment still stands. If a founder sells the group on (which happens a lot)  your idea makes it easy for them to just take it back again from the person who has bought it.  I know of incidents where someone sold a business took the money, then 6 months changed their mind and they wanted the business back.  The new owner did not want to sell.  With your scenario the founder could just simply change their mind and take it back from the new owner.

Well Cindy Evanier the whole part of this post that my Brother made was to get peoples opinions there is going to be agree, and disagree, so no drama intended at all.

4 minutes ago, Patrick032986 said:

Well Cindy Evanier the whole part of this post that my Brother made was to get peoples opinions there is going to be agree, and disagree, so no drama intended at all.

Fair enough. My opinion is if the founder doesnt want to find himself with a problem down the line, don't make anyone else a co-owner apart from an alt.  Anyone else who needs extra perms - thats what the officer role is for.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Patrick032986 said:

Phil Deakins, if we were the same person than we both would have the same ip address which we don't. So, no we are not the same person at all.

Take a look at the first 3 posts. Look at how it's the very first post that 2 of them posted. Look at the times they posted - it's not easy to see now how all 3 were posted within a minute or so of each other. Also notice how all 3 'liked' the other 2 posts. One person starts a thread, then immediately 2 more come along to 'like' it and post an agreement with it, 2 of the 3 being first time posters. And you expect me to believe that they are 3 independant people, who just happened to be here simultaneously, and with same point of view? Don't forget that this isn't the first that the very same thing has happened recently.

Oh, and notice also how all 3 of them used different coloured text, which isn't usual here. I assume it's an attempt to camouflage what really happened behind different writing styles.

No no no. Pull the other one ;)

The original suggestion was perfectly fine without the extras, so there was need for them.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Oooo another one :D

just checking if i can color my lines too...

oh and i disagree.. there are enough powers for owners.. just don't be so stupid to make everybody who's haircolor you like co-owner... they go to the wallmart and buy another teint you might not like at all.

• Like 4

You can even make a special Owner* role or something similar, and give it every ability needed to essentially control the group, without completely giving up the group.

There's no reason to waste development resources fixing a "problem" that users intentionally create.

Edited by Gadget Portal
  • Like 3

You don't know who I am? Really? That's most disappointing lol.

As I said earlier, the original suggestion was perfectly valid. It would be no good, as was pointed out very quickly, but it was perfectly valid to suggest it for discussion. What happened immediately (almost instantly) after you posted it, showed the whole thing up for what it was. And, if that wasn't enough to show it up, your 'likes' in the thread added more evidence, plus you were so keen on the thread you started that you've only just returned as wildman lol. And of course your brother outed you :D

Also, as I said earlier, pull the other one ;)

Edited by Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.