Do I have too many "breedables"?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On my 1024 m^2, 315 prim capacity mainland parcel, I have 4 Buildables, 3 "sion Chickens", and 2 "Fawns". All of them fit within the prim capacity, but after doing some reading, I'm a little worried if I'm causing my neighbors significant lag. I personally don't notice anything, but I'm wondering what you guys think if I'm going overboard with this.

I'm currently planning on creating one more Buildable before storing some of them away, and continue breeding the chickens and the Fawns.

Personally, I don't think it's too many, although some private estates will have rules on breedables. 

I have seen places with hundreds of horses on mainland. In one case One shop in Bay City for a very long time was full of about 15 dead horses, hundreds of days expired. I always wondered if the poor owner of those expired horses had also shuffled off their mortal coil, with the Lab taking money from their bank account.

However, I digress, I think the only real way to know is to find someone with a private region and estate manager rights, you rez your breedables, and ask for the true script time. Then work that out as a percentage of 10ms based on the percentage of the regions land you own.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Personally, I don't think it's too many, although some private estates will have rules on breedables. 

I have seen places with hundreds of horses on mainland. In one case One shop in Bay City for a very long time was full of about 15 dead horses, hundreds of days expired. I always wondered if the poor owner of those expired horses had also shuffled off their mortal coil, with the Lab taking money from their bank account.

However, I digress, I think the only real way to know is to find someone with a private region and estate manager rights, you rez your breedables, and ask for the true script time. Then work that out as a percentage of 10ms based on the percentage of the regions land you own.

I suppose your method of getting the script time is an option...although its a little bit of work and I'm kinda lazy, so I'll take you word (and anecdote about the horses) for it.

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

What on earth is a buildable?

The robotic equivalent to a breedable. The idea of sex has never really caught on among robots so they usually prefer to build their offspring rather than breed them,

Edited by ChinRey

I have breedable rocks.

When one rock turns pink and the other turns blue, physically slam them together and it rezzes a new rock, sometimes more.

Pretty easy to go get too many but as long as they have a nice low LI and low script time, 20-30 shouldn't hurt.

Edited by Chaser Zaks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.