Wish access to land from mainroad

mllop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a 4096 parcel and I go to create a business, a protected mainroad go over just to 7 meters of my land and I would want to have access from the mainroad to my land, mi question is there are any option to ask for it?. Which solutions are to have access to land from some public roads?.  These 7 meters of separation of my land of mainroad is an abandoned land of 352 sqm, one solution is to buy this small peace of land, but how I do?

landquest.jpg

*waves* Hello @mllop

Since it's abandon land then you can put in a request to purchase it through a support ticket. Here is a link that explains how to purchase abandon land and what requirements you may have to meet in order for Linden Lab to consider selling it to you. Just remember your monthly tier may be affected to purchase this small piece of land. Good Luck.

Edited by Lisa006 Baxton
  • Like 3

• Moderators
12 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

If it's abandoned land, then another solution  is to just rezz a prim, rooted on your parcel that reaches the road. Then you have walk up access to your property from the road. 

Hello BilliJo Aldrin,

The type of activity you recommend is considered Parcel Encroachment and is not permitted.  Anyone who does this may find that their items returned to their inventory and their account warned if the items are reported to Linden Lab.

• Like 1

Yes but its on abandoned land, who is going to complain?

Also, in the past I've paved over the right of way between my road front parcel edge and the roadway itself, it makes for a much neater look than the terrible job LL usually manages to do with terraforming along the edge of the pavement.

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Yes but its on abandoned land, who is going to complain?

Somebody... ;)

I don't think Dakota is quite up to date with LL Land's policies though. They're not going to give you a warning if they find out, they'll do something far more clever: they'll list the parcel for sale at the land auction and then you'll have to bid against a bunch of land flippers if you don't want to risk getting your view blocked by an ad farm. Much better and cheaper to ask nicely and buy it directly.

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Also, in the past I've paved over the right of way between my road front parcel edge and the roadway itself,

From another thread:

On 4.8.2017 at 3:18 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

If i find something encroaching on my parcel even 3000 m up, i return it.

So, it's perfectly ok for you to visibly encroach on other owners' land but you won't tolerate that anybody else encroaches on your land even if it's well out of sight and has no practical significance for you at all. Is that pure hypocrisy or do you feel there is something special about Linden Lab owned land that gives you the right to decide what is appropriate for it?

Fortunately for you, Linden Lab tend to have a far more relaxed and tolerant attitude and usually they'll only react if there are encroaching objects that actually cause some kind of problem.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

I just wanted to note since this is a MAINLAND thread, that the earth movers seem to have been busy recently redoing both some abandoned water edge land (now turned to water) and smoothly nicely the edges on some sims that have always been owned by lindens. My areas look much nicer lately and I thank "whoever" for that. I also derendered a very ugly eight year old build in my neighborhood so at leas "I" can't see it. Very pretty now.  

The only odd thing is that NOW when I teleport into the Linden land from my Chebi property I end up in the middle of the water OR on a parcel WAAAAAY far away on the other side of the bay where an airport is. That seems pretty odd and I can't see what the plan might be for that. Perhaps just a temporary thing.  

And here is ANOTHER thought on this topic. You drew a line around where your land is and I don't see a SLURL to it to check BUT =====

Land doesn't go UP to the Linden road so you will always have an issue. The person next door that LOOKS like they are up to the road is likely cheating big time.  

If you turn on property lines you can see where the actual lot lines are.  World > Show More > Property Lines

Here is what my front of shop looks like along Route 7. I note that I have an errant tree :D. I must have linked it to its neighbor :SwingingFriends:

roadway.thumb.PNG.b9e352d4f7dab1b073719086065e327b.PNG

Edited by Chic Aeon

3 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Somebody... ;)

I don't think Dakota is quite up to date with LL Land's policies though. They're not going to give you a warning if they find out, they'll do something far more clever: they'll list the parcel for sale at the land auction and then you'll have to bid against a bunch of land flippers if you don't want to risk getting your view blocked by an ad farm. Much better and cheaper to ask nicely and buy it directly.

From another thread:

So, it's perfectly ok for you to visibly encroach on other owners' land but you won't tolerate that anybody else encroaches on your land even if it's well out of sight and has no practical significance for you at all. Is that pure hypocrisy or do you feel there is something special about Linden Lab owned land that gives you the right to decide what is appropriate for it?

Fortunately for you, Linden Lab tend to have a far more relaxed and tolerant attitude and usually they'll only react if there are encroaching objects that actually cause some kind of problem.

The parcel in question was a 300 sq m parcel, no one will buy it. And, I normally wouldn't buy a parcel that wasn't directly road front.

I'm talking about rezzing a flat prim running across the road allowance from my irregular property line to the actual pavement, kind of like a parking strip if you will. And its not me, many many people fill in the land between their parcel edge and pavement in a similar fashion. We aren't encroaching, we are beautifying, LL should be thanking us.

They aren't gonna put  a warning on my account for having an encroaching prim, that's just tough talk... gotta play the bad cop i guess to keep the natives in line.

:)

Obviously I need to clarify myself here. I always have property lines turned on. When i buy a new property, i'm always very careful to build entirely inside my parcel lines. I even make sure the bounding boxes of sculpted prims are inside my property line. So yes when someone encroaches on my property I return their prims.

As for Linden roadfront parcels. I build my place, then to finish it off, to make it look neater and more finished and more realistic,  I'll rezz a prim running under my build out across the road allowance to the edge of the actual road pavement. I'm not encroaching on anyone elses property, I'm simple leveling out the ground between my property line and the roadway. Its not even integral to my build, its rooted to a buried prim on my parcel, so if a bored LL employee with nothing better to do decides to return it, it doesn't affect the integrity of my build in any way.

In real life, you are allowed to build a driveway from your property line across the road allowance to the actual edge of the pavement, that's the same thing i'm doing in second life.

I've seen many posts in this forum saying LL will not bother with encroaching prims on LL roads as long as they don't impede travel along the road. If there is a new policy to return all encroaching prims from the LL road right of ways, LL employees are going to be busy for a very long time.

12 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

The type of activity you recommend is considered Parcel Encroachment and is not permitted.  Anyone who does this may find that their items returned to their inventory and their account warned if the items are reported to Linden Lab.

@BilliJo Aldrin  Re your statement    "If there is a new policy to return all encroaching prims from the LL road right of ways, LL employees are going to be busy for a very long time."

I think the above tells you that you should not be doing what you are doing. And my property line statement was directed (pretty obviously) at the OP :D.

Just saying. 

PS. My other statements above show that "someone" is indeed working on mainland areas and could indeed find your encroachment.  As @ChinRey said, your really can't have it BOTH ways. 

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

@BilliJo Aldrin  Re your statement    "If there is a new policy to return all encroaching prims from the LL road right of ways, LL employees are going to be busy for a very long time."

I think the above tells you that you should not be doing what you are doing. And my property line statement was directed (pretty obviously) at the OP :D.

Just saying. 

PS. My other statements above show that "someone" is indeed working on mainland areas and could indeed find your encroachment.  As @ChinRey said, your really can't have it BOTH ways. 

Actually i can have it both ways, i'm not encroaching on another persons private property, i'm linking my property to the edge of the paved roadway with a transitioning prim. If a LL employee finds that to be a problem, fine let him return it. As i said returning the prim does not affect the integrity of my build.

It does not impede travel on the roadway, it just ties everything together and makes things look more finished, but whatever.

:)

What I suspect happens is that stuff can encroach on Linden land for years and nobody cares -- indeed, other neighbors may come to value the encroaching content -- until somebody else decides to complain with an Abuse Report. Then some Linden employee has to come out and investigate, return the offending content, and drop a warning on you for their trouble.

Old Fart War Story: Years ago there was a bitter rivalry between railroad groups, and "somebody" reported a stretch of fully transparent, phantom track I'd laid over some Linden land next to mine. I got a warning that my account was suspended for a few hours (I missed that whole interval) and the track got returned. Unknown to Governance, I'd been working with Michael to donate a bit of adjacent land to LDPW to complete some turning track, and he'd asked me for that encroaching sample build.

But I have many, many objects that encroach on Linden land -- and the Governor's trees and sidewalks encroach on my land, too. Of course my stuff is eligible to be returned at any time -- I usually name it something that makes it clear that it can be returned, no harm, no foul, particularly if some abandoned land goes to auction. I've never once heard a complaint from a neighbor about it, and some of it becomes a kind of shared community property, infrastructure the Moles just never had time to build. It would look weird if the Mainland had these strips along parcel borders where nobody landscaped, lest a branch breach the line.

Another story: Usually stuff I leave encroaching on abandoned land is returned when an auction ID is assigned, but maybe a month ago, a neighbor asked me to remove some trees that encroached on her property (she was just being neighborly, she could have more easily returned them herself). What's unusual is that the land was abandoned when I landscaped into it a year or so ago, so it had gone to auction with those trees still on the parcel. They were pretty evident -- not merely some encroaching branches, these were whole separate trees intended to make the sim less desolate -- so either the Land team decided to leave them there through the auction, or they didn't really inspect for encroachment this time.

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

What I suspect happens is that stuff can encroach on Linden land for years and nobody cares -- indeed, other neighbors may come to value the encroaching content -- until somebody else decides to complain with an Abuse Report. Then some Linden employee has to come out and investigate, return the offending content, and drop a warning on you for their trouble.

I simply ask them just as I ask any of my other neighbors if/when I want to. I never had any problems with that at all. I was told that as long as I kept the road open, it was ok. I do that of course, I even added a detour across my own land past that part of the road they never got around to finish. ;)

My case may be a bit special though since there are no other landowners around to complain.

But I also had a forest stretched onto some abandoned land in a different sim. When Linden Lab returned part of that, I didn't get a warning, I got an apology. Guy Linden told me he was sorry but he had to return those trees because the parcel was scheduled for auction.

My experience with LL's land department is that if you can get them to respond at all, they're very reasonable and always try to solve issues with a minimum of fuzz for everybody. Stretching a connection road across an abandoned plot may be pushing it too far though. A parcel like the one in the OP's picture is very sellable in any case and probably already quite high on the auction list. It's probasbly very tempting for LL to find an excuse to hand it over to some owner and start collecting tier for it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.