Keep getting logged out

MrJokerrrr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Nope.  However, if you just crashed, you can expect the servers to refuse to let you back in until they clean up the mess.  In that case, you should get a standard message advising you to wait a while before logging back in.  If that's not what happened. I suggest logging back in to a different region.  Yours may simply be off line at the moment.

Aha.... that's yet again a different situation. So, no trouble logging in?  And no trouble teleporting?  Just getting logged out of SL after 5 to 10 minutes?  It would help if you could mention any error messages so we could tell whether you are crashing or disconnecting.  Still, I'm starting to grasp the question. 

There are several possibilities.  The most serious one is that you are overheating.  That's serious because heat can destroy expensive parts of your computer.  Fortunately, computers are smart enough to protect themselves by shutting down a program if they discover that it's creating a lot of heat.  If you are using a desktop, be sure that you take time every month or two to open it up and blow out the dust bunnies and cat hair.  Check all the fans too, to be sure that they spin freely, especially the fan on your graphics card.  If you are using a laptop, cleaning it is a job for a pro.  At the very least, make absolutely sure that it has adequate ventilation -- not on your lap and preferably with a good fan and plenty of air space under it. And get a free temperature monitor program (Google it).  You should expect SL to make your machine run hot, but if it's running continuously above about 80 degrees C, that's not good.

So much for the really scary possibility.  A less scary one is that you are simply asking the poor machine to do too much at once -- too many programs running in the background, music streaming, teleporting, rezzing things, and in a crowded place.  Those things will also generate heat, but maybe just enough to tell your viewer that it's time to leave.  So, reduce your draw distance to 64m, drop the Max Non-Imposter Avatars to 3 or 4, set your Max Complexity to 100,000 or lower, and drop the quality slider in Preferences >>> Graphics to Medium or lower.  If things improve, you can start gently increasing some of those settings again, but don;t overdo it.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

You could also have developed a flaky internet connection.  The following may help:

• Like 1

I’m having trouble at the moment iv not being able to log in to si I log into it as soon is it does it says the is a problem with the place I’m in iv been logged out that has happened since Saturday the 11th of August so any help with this would be great as iv just also done the update 

Edited by loobyandlouie

1 minute ago, loobyandlouie said:

I’m having trouble at the moment iv not being able to log in to si I log into it as soon is it does it says the is a problem with the place I’m in iv been logged out that has happened since Saturday the 11th of August 

Have you tried logging into a different region? 

have a look here at some troubleshooting http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

have a look here at some troubleshooting http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

4 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Well the thing is I don’t get time to go to a different region 

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Then don't keep trying to log in to the same region.  Log in to a nice quiet region like Smith. 

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Then don't keep trying to log in to the same region.  Log in to a nice quiet region like Smith. 

Well how can I do that as soon as I log in sometimes i can’t see my avatar I get logged out 

12 minutes ago, loobyandlouie said:

Well how can I do that as soon as I log in sometimes i can’t see my avatar I get logged out 

On the log in screen you can change the location from the drop down   Start At:   Type in Pooley and try to log in to there instead

8 minutes ago, loobyandlouie said:

So how can I change the region if I get logged out as soon as I don’t see my avatar even before I get logged out 

On the log in screen, it typically defaults to "My home" or 'My last location".  Highlight that and type a specific region name - like Smith:

image.thumb.png.d8f130f5e69a7e6a47885abd159d69f7.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, loobyandlouie said:

I know it’s not my internet my man plays a game with no problems 

Per the bolded part - unless he is also in SL, that cannot be compared.  Most games are a static download that you install and the actual 'play' is not a constant stream of data between your end and the game server.  SL is totally different and relies on constant communication.

Click Ctrl+Shift+1 to activate the Statistics display.  Watch the FPS, Packet Loss and Ping Sim values for a few minutes.  Report back here what those display, on average.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.