Keep getting logged out

MrJokerrrr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 hour ago, loobyandlouie said:

Ok so I keep putting Smith into my location and it’s not working I did manage to send a message to one of my friends it was on for about 10 minutes I couldn’t really move I’m missing the game 

Did you look at the blog I linked earlier and try those suggestions?

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

3 hours ago, loobyandlouie said:

ping sim is 100000

WOW!   That must be a typo, or you are looking at the instantaneous spike after you have actually disconnected.  100000 msec is 100 seconds ... almost a two minute delay carrying a signal between your computer and the SL servers. There's no way in heaven that you can ever be connected to SL with a ping time like that. A normal ping time in North America is between 50 and 100 msec.  In Europe, which is farther away, expect a normal ping time to be 120 msec or higher.  From Australia or Japan, a ping time over 200 -- long enough to create regular rubber banding, TP problems, and occasional disconnects -- is normal. 

4 minutes ago, loobyandlouie said:

Lol ping sim was 10000 ms I’m in the uk and I’m having so much trouble logging on what ever region I put in 

I'm sure that you are!  That's still 10 seconds  -- so long that there's no way you'll ever connect. I know that you said you are on wireless, which is at least part of your problem, but I suspect there's something else seriously odd about your connection that you are not telling us.  You'd have to be bouncing your signal off the Moon for it to take that long.

46 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I'm sure that you are!  That's still 10 seconds  -- so long that there's no way you'll ever connect. I know that you said you are on wireless, which is at least part of your problem, but I suspect there's something else seriously odd about your connection that you are not telling us.  You'd have to be bouncing your signal off the Moon for it to take that long.

Haha good one I did have the 32 firestorm it started to freez plus the old second life  so I could not back up data then I downloaded the 64 firestorm now that logging in but I keep getting logged out 

Edited by loobyandlouie

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Can you login & stay logged in with an alt?
Sometimes getting disconnected soon after login can be caused by an inventory issue, so test with an alt account & let us know what happens.

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Can you login & stay logged in with an alt?
Sometimes getting disconnected soon after login can be caused by an inventory issue, so test with an alt account & let us know what happens.

I don’t have another account iv only played the si game for a year this week so if it is a inventory issue how can I sort  it.    I’m in smith just now my avatar is walking but not moving it’s all very not good I can’t tp I get logged out    so at the moment I’m trying to tp at the moment oh it’s not worked I’m still in smith 

Edited by loobyandlouie

looby, I think the problem is your ISP (internet service provider).  That ping time is completely unacceptable.

But before you call their tech support, make sure that the problem really is them.  Try the following:

1.  Create another Second Life account, an "alt."  Just go to secondlife.com and do NOT log in with your user name and password.  Click "Join Now" and go through the process to create and register an account.  Then log in with that new account and see if you are still having all these problems.  If you are NOT...then file a support case with Linden Lab to have your main account checked.  If you ARE, then...
  2. Turn off your internet modem/router.  Disconnect it from power and wait two minutes.  Plug it in, and reboot it.  Log in to SL.  If the problems are solved, great.  If you are still having problems, then...
  3. Try using the Google Free Public DNS servers, rather than the servers provided by your ISP.  See this link: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/  If that doesn't help, then...
  4. Contact your ISP's technical support.  Be prepared for some back and forth; they may claim the problem is on your end, or the fault of Linden Lab.  Be polite, but stand firm, and ask that the matter be escalated to a higher level if necessary.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

looby, I think the problem is your ISP (internet service provider).  That ping time is completely unacceptable.

But before you call their tech support, make sure that the problem really is them.  Try the following:

1.  Create another Second Life account, an "alt."  Just go to secondlife.com and do NOT log in with your user name and password.  Click "Join Now" and go through the process to create and register an account.  Then log in with that new account and see if you are still having all these problems.  If you are NOT...then file a support case with Linden Lab to have your main account checked.  If you ARE, then...
  2. Turn off your internet modem/router.  Disconnect it from power and wait two minutes.  Plug it in, and reboot it.  Log in to SL.  If the problems are solved, great.  If you are still having problems, then...
  3. Try using the Google Free Public DNS servers, rather than the servers provided by your ISP.  See this link: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/  If that doesn't help, then...
  4. Contact your ISP's technical support.  Be prepared for some back and forth; they may claim the problem is on your end, or the fault of Linden Lab.  Be polite, but stand firm, and ask that the matter be escalated to a higher level if necessary.

Ok I will do that now then aww iv done a lot with this avatar iv got hopefully it’s just this account then fingers crossed 

2 hours ago, loobyandlouie said:

I meant iv backed up stuff on si servers but I’m sure I put it in one of my folders 

Wait .....  you did what?  How did you "back up" anything on the SL servers?  Did you make copies of everything and save them in your inventory?  If so, that's silly.  Your inventory is nothing more than a glorified table of contents.  It dosn't have "things" in it, just like the table of contents in a book dosn't have the book chapters in it.  If you have made copes of a pile of stuff and saved them in your inventory, all you have done is increase the number of entries and potentially create a crowding problem.  Folders with a lot of entries take a long time to load fully, so they can prevent login simply because the system runs out of time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.