Lolita Erin

Disable Script or Remove it? better performance in sim crosing?

I have a big question regarding sim crossing, what do you guys recomend if i have scripts in my vehicle that are not user very often is ok to disable and enabled just when i need it,for better performing when sim crossing, or delete the script is the way to go

thanks any help

It shouldn't make any difference either way.  What makes almost all of the difference is the amount of L.I. you are carrying across the boundary.  A prim-heavy physical object creates a lot of work for the servers on both sides as they are trying to pass it from one region to the other.

Nope. Unless the script is doing something very unusual at the time, like rezzing something or making something physical, it will have no effect.  Even then, it wouldn't be the script itself that is a problem.  It would be the fact that you are rezzing or changing physics status.

You will have better region crossings and teleports if you remove the scripts.    As a simplification (see http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Script_Memory for details) each script takes up either 16k or 64k (mono) of memory.   That's data that must be saved, transferred to the next region, and read back in when you change regions.   Reducing the number of scripts is probably the best thing you can do to help speed up crossings.

Disabling the scripts doesn't help much with crossings, as you are still carrying that data around.     The script just isn't run by the region.   That helps a little bit with region performance, but it's much better to just remove them if you no longer need the scripts.

• Like 6