Maximum Height for teleporting into a region?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

According to the SL Wiki, the maximum height for a TP SLURL is 4096. It also says that this used to be higher, but 'modern viewers' enforce the limit. I own a private region, not adjacent to any other regions, so to get there one must either have a landmark, or use the world map, which would normally bring you to 128,128,0. Now, I know that the Y value can be overridden, but when I tested by setting the Y value to 7000, when I teleported I ended up at 128,128,4096, as I expected.

However, I occasionally see avatars arriving at much higher locations, this morning one appeared at 6900m, and when I IM'd to ask if I could help, she immediately poofed out. Am I safe in assuming that anyone coming in at that height is 1) using a 'non-compliant' viewer and 2) probably up to some mischief?

I am not looking for 'solutions' to this, such as using security orbs, more interested in how folks manage this, and whether doing so is something that might warrant an abuse report for using a viewer that does not enforce the height limit?

Thanks for any input on this 'mystery'.

Thanks KT, I had not thought of that alternative, and I see how it might work. I should probably just quit wondering about this, since I doubt there is any positive way of knowing exactly how or why people are doing this, and it does not seem to be happening very often anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.