CATWA vs Lelutka

Lara Aulder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sansar show that LL still dont get it. We want spectacular avatars, not Lumpy McDumpy and Ugly Sue.

LL don't care about avatars, only think about a beautiful enviroment.

If Sansar fails, it is due to the ugly avatars and a too long time before customisation is implemented.

Well, the better for me, and maybe you?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Sansar show that LL still dont get it. We want spectacular avatars, not Lumpy McDumpy and Ugly Sue.

LL don't care about avatars, only think about a beautiful enviroment.

If Sansar fails, it is due to the ugly avatars and a too long time before customisation is implemented.

Well, the better for me, and maybe you?

• They did get avatars right in Sansar. There is beauty hidden under the present horrible skin, ugly hairs and lack of animations. The default avatar meshes, both female and male, are very detailed and really well made. The face itself has 135 bones for facial animations. What is still needed is: UV-map, skeleton and animation system available for designers. Plus advanced shape adjustment for users. Then the beauty of the Sansar avatars will start to unfold. They will look as beautiful as Second Life mesh avatars. There is no need to create multitude of incompatible imported mesh bodies and mesh heads like in Second Life, which is a kind of chaos, very difficult, complicated and expensive thing for users.

• They got the scale thing right too. Everything in Sansar will be built to real life scale to avoid Second Life's scaling chaos. Default avatar heights are: female 1.65 meters (5 ft 5 in), male 1.78 meters (5 ft 10 in). Naturally there will be possibility to adjust avatar heights. However, as everything is built to real life scale, very tall avatars would look strange, out of place. So very likely we will not see the Second Life scaling chaos in Sansar.

Anyway, in my opinion Sansar was opened too soon for public access. It should have been more mature. It's still like a bitter raw fruit. Many people are disappointed how it is now. First impressions tend to stick.

Edited by Coby Foden
125 head bones corrected to 135.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Meh.  We have enough Sansar threads already.  It ain't gonna be SL 2.  Never was.

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

More moods for Lelutka!!

And they are named!  Much better than Mood 1, Mood 2, Mood 3 and Mood 4.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I just replaced all my outfits and set up the new simone head.  It is a wonderful new hud for moods.  I am feeling aloof right now :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Meh.  We have enough Sansar threads already.  It ain't gonna be SL 2.  Never was.

Those unnamed facial expressions made me nuts. 

I can't wait to get home and upgrade my Simone head. Looking forward to the improvements.

• Like 2

Testing all new Lelutka heads. I'm too lazy to notate which is which but, I was surprised that the one I was most drawn (Bianca) to wasn't the one I prefer most once I had them on.

If anyone is dying to know, I'll get back to you here later. 

I do like all of them and will most likely, get another Lelutka head to add to the rest.

lelutka collage.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kotelle said:

I tested all of them also and had exactly the same impression as @Elora Lunasea. What's more, I didn't really like any of them, neither with Lelutka's shapes, nor with my own. But I saw that [west end] released limited edition of a new shape for Bianca. I'm going to try it. 

I used my own tweaked shape for all except one.  

Bianca is the lower right. My husband said he liked that one best, probably because it's older looking, as is Simone. Not enough of a difference to switch over to it.

I preferred Greer which is the lower left.  I think it would work well for other types of uses than everyday - it's more delicate in appearance. I'm going to need to try them all again with other makeup aside from the Glam Affair which comes with them.  On the fence since I love my Simone head so much but I can see if someone else was starting off from scratch that having other options is a good thing.  More the better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I preferred Greer which is the lower left.

Me too, and I also wear Simone now.  If I could have Greer's lips on Simone's head, that would be perfect.  I wanted to buy a new head just have a new head really so I had to stop myself and ask, "is the difference between what I have and what I want worth 20 bucks?"

So I bought one of the softer ones for my alt instead :D

I put on my shape for my Catwa  just for kicks with my Lelutka head and I ended up looking like a cartoon chimp with a real long jaw..

Then I put the Lelutka shape on with my catwa head and went full tweety bird jaw.. hehehehe

It's something how different the shapes really have to be in such extreme ways with each creator.. In a way I kind of like that they are so different..It really makes you get to know the sliders so much better..

For me anyways,it's getting to where I don't really even pay attention to the numbers anymore,which I used to try to never mess those up..

I'm really getting a kick and enjoying messing with the different heads to see how well I can do with them..

It's like a whole new door opened up in SL =)

Bleh, three out of the four heads I can work with..Bianca is the only one I really have doubts about..

The thing is the three I like I can't make up my mind on yet..

Dilemma! \o/

hehehe

Think I'm gonna end up getting Greer and Spencer..They seem to be the best ones I've seen of any of the heads that fit what I am going for..Even over my Catwa Catya..

Oh my..so many choices. I'm currently playing around with all the heads but really can't make up my mind. I liked Cate and the others aren't bad either...but then there is also an update for Chloe, which would have been my initial choice, if no other heads had been released.

Edited by Syo Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.