CATWA vs Lelutka

Lara Aulder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So...

I just came back to SL after a long time, and I realize that I'm obligate to "update" myself and spend some dollah

I just want an opinion or comparison about the most popular mesh heads, Lelutka vs CATWA, what are your personal differences and preferences?

:)

There is lots of info here on the differences http://meshbodyaddicts.com/

I use Lelutka Simone bento head and have been very happy with it.  Lelutka do have 4 more bento heads coming out in the next week or so.  My advice is demo demo demo.  Everyone will like a different head for different reasons

• Like 2

I have always chosen LeLutka, non-bento and bento. Now I am wearing Bento Cate but often switching with Bento Simone, can't wait to see new ones. Catwas seem great but somehow I have never managed to achieve desirable look, even if it seems that there are more heads, more skins and more make up and other extras for Catwa than LeLutka.

As @Cindy Evanier said, demo till you are happy, as with everything. 

• Like 2

I'll take a look at the link.

I share the same opinion @Kotelle,  unfortunately I don't have Catya's head yet, but I tried a lot of demos before I bought mine. For me the shape and skin from Catya's was more realistic, but I prefer the shapes from Lelutka. Just because. Simone's head have more natural lashes also.

I'm not sure if it makes up for it buy different mesh heads from the same creator... They look very similar with each other. But certainly I will start saving for next week.

Edited by Lara Aulder

I agree, in my case both heads look similar, that I can keep this "me look" but still look a little different. I know, maybe it's boring, but I am very demanding when it comes to a certain look and when I find the one I like, I try to not overcomplicate it. So for me it is not an issue. More problematic is that I think make up appliers for Catwa are usually of better quality than these created for LeLutka but as I said, I am often picky ;)

when it comes to shapes, I am really pleased with west end offer. There are a lot of shapes for catwa and lelutka. 

Edited by Kotelle

I use LeLutka Simone most of the time as well.  I also have Catya and Kimberly heads from Catwa.  

Judging on looks is very subjective and honestly, they are close enough in quality to not be a difference.  Which ever you like best wins the "Looks" category.  Some catwa heads are overboard on the duck lips look but the newer ones are not as bad.  Still, it is subjective to what you like.

Animations:
Catwa has more and I believe better animations.  I think LeLutka's could use a few more and the expressions don't always animate the full face.  For example a smile  should also be seen in the eyes.

Controls:
LeLutka all the way.  The easy of use and intuitive feel of LeLutka's HUD are my favorite feature.  Catwa's HUD is much more robust but can feel clumsy and is very confusing until you use it enough to learn how to use it correctly. Catwa has more features and more "storage" and also more HUDS but it is also more than I will ever use.  LeLutka is so much easier to manipulate know exactly what you doing.

3rd Party support:
I think Catwa still has the edge with the number of creators that make products for Catwa.  With Omega support this is not as big of an issue and I am finding LeLutka appliers more and more these days for eyes, makeup and hair bases.  But like I said, with Omega support it is not often that you find something that is Catwa only but they are still out there. So Catwa gets this category by a slim margin.

Price:
LeLutka is significantly lower priced.

Shape customization:
This is kind of close and maybe subjective but I feel that LeLutka has a wider range of adjustments that still look good and be made either round or diamond shaped easier than trying to change a Catwa head from it's standard form.  That said, Catwa has enough heads to choose from it is likely you will have a face shape that works for you off the shelf.

Anyway, that's my totally biased and unprofessional opinion.  If Catwa had a single, dumbed-down HUD for day to day ease of use ... naw, I would still wear Simon (and LAQ) because I just like them better. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kotelle said:

I agree, in my case both heads look similar, that I can keep this "me look" but still look a little different. I know, maybe it's boring, but I am very demanding when it comes to a certain look and when I find the one I like, I try to not overcomplicate it. So for me it is not an issue. More problematic is that I think make up appliers for Catwa are usually of better quality than these created for LeLutka but as I said, I am often picky ;)

when it comes to shapes, I am really pleased with west end offer. There are a lot of shapes for catwa and lelutka. 

Yes that was my first impression, I thought of buying CATWA just because of the diversity of applicators and skins availableIt will always be useful.

5 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I use LeLutka Simone most of the time as well.  I also have Catya and Kimberly heads from Catwa.  

Judging on looks is very subjective and honestly, they are close enough in quality to not be a difference.  Which ever you like best wins the "Looks" category.  Some catwa heads are overboard on the duck lips look but the newer ones are not as bad.  Still, it is subjective to what you like.

Animations:
Catwa has more and I believe better animations.  I think LeLutka's could use a few more and the expressions don't always animate the full face.  For example a smile  should also be seen in the eyes.

Controls:
LeLutka all the way.  The easy of use and intuitive feel of LeLutka's HUD are my favorite feature.  Catwa's HUD is much more robust but can feel clumsy and is very confusing until you use it enough to learn how to use it correctly. Catwa has more features and more "storage" and also more HUDS but it is also more than I will ever use.  LeLutka is so much easier to manipulate know exactly what you doing.

3rd Party support:
I think Catwa still has the edge with the number of creators that make products for Catwa.  With Omega support this is not as big of an issue and I am finding LeLutka appliers more and more these days for eyes, makeup and hair bases.  But like I said, with Omega support it is not often that you find something that is Catwa only but they are still out there. So Catwa gets this category by a slim margin.

Price:
LeLutka is significantly lower priced.

Shape customization:
This is kind of close and maybe subjective but I feel that LeLutka has a wider range of adjustments that still look good and be made either round or diamond shaped easier than trying to change a Catwa head from it's standard form.  That said, Catwa has enough heads to choose from it is likely you will have a face shape that works for you off the shelf.

Anyway, that's my totally biased and unprofessional opinion.  If Catwa had a single, dumbed-down HUD for day to day ease of use ... naw, I would still wear Simon (and LAQ) because I just like them better. 

Exactly what I wanted. Thanks for share. After all, which one came first? 

Coming to the conclusion that Catwa might be better, but we all prefer Simone. The shape has something more enchanting. One of the things that made me choose her was the most practical HUD system.

I still don't know how to use the omega :S I hope to find some tutorial out there, I really wanted those hairbases from Duox.
What about the tongues animations? It's an applier too? I'm still doing my SL homework

• Like 1

I have a Catwa bento head. I picked up every bento head demo at Catwa and adjusted each to make a face I would consider buying. I narrowed it down to two and bought one. Some of the Catwa's have duck lips that can't be adjusted away. The lips on my Catwa head seem to be made for frowning but I turned it into a semi-smile. With a skin applier the head pairs perfectly with a Belezza Isis body. The head has a lot of animation for emotes. I haven't tried Lelutka yet.

Get demos and try them all. 

• Like 1

Omega is fairly easy to use! You just need to wear the relay-hud everytime you'll want to use an omega-applier. (But in case of Catwa, you can save the appliers in your CatwaHud once you got in on your face. I assume you can do the same with Lelutka, but I don't know for sure. I don't have one of their heads, yet.)

Catwa features addons for facial and tongue animations. You could also try ones from the Marketplace, some may work, some don't, deppending on how they did it.

Oh yeah, the duck lips. Dunno about the other heads, but boy sometimes I can't look at my face in profile.

Edited by Sukubia Scarmon

I was a sworn Lelutka girl ( have both Simone and Chloe bento heads) with Chloe being my favorite. Currently i am enjoying Catwa Catya Bento head.If you are a fan of tilted eye (asian eye) look then go for Catwa. I do must say Catwa heads are harder to shape to look like a normal  human, than Lelutka, but its mostly due to having more flexible sliders i guess.I make my own Bento shapes btw. Lelutka HUD is the best imo. Tomorrow Lelutka comes out with 4 more bento heads: May, Greer,Spencer and Bianca. Below:

LeLutka Bento Heads

If i had to choose i would choose May :D mostly because i am a fan of fresh and youthful looks

Edited by Jeny Howlett
  • Like 4

I've been working with Catya  Catwa for a bit and have it sort of where I want it..

I just bought  Lelutka Cate this morning and I messed with it for a bit and needed to take a break.. It's just a mater of me finding the right path for that shape

So far I like them both and will probably be getting more heads,just because it's sort of addictive messing with them and their differences..

Right now I really like my Catya  look,but know it still needs some tweaks,but looking forward to Lelutka teaks as well..

I've always enjoyed both creators well before we ever got into this mesh stuff..So I couldn't wait to get a Lelutka..

It's just hard for me to say which I like better yet..It'll probably be something where I'll never be able to choose really..

They're just so much fun to mess with hehehehe:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

There is lots of info here on the differences http://meshbodyaddicts.com/

I use Lelutka Simone bento head and have been very happy with it.  Lelutka do have 4 more bento heads coming out in the next week or so.  My advice is demo demo demo.  Everyone will like a different head for different reasons

They are coming out on 8th :D grabby hands :D

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jeny Howlett said:

Tomorrow Lelutka comes out with 4 more bento heads: May, Greer,Spencer and Bianca. Below:

LeLutka Bento Heads

If i had to choose i would choose May :D mostly because i am a fan of fresh and youthful looks

Oooh, I will definitely try all, but Bianca is my favorite by now! (My husband says I always choose the biggest b**chface lol)

Edited by Kotelle

I enjoy the small, subtle animations that play randomly, call it a "face AO" in LeLutka. I wear Simone. I was hoping that they would release more ones.

My two female alts have Catwa heads, pre-Bento both. I am not ready to go for a LeLutka head for them yet. Because I love sales and free appliers, and Catwa has so many more.

My dream is a sale in either LeLutka or Catwa. Collecting heads is expensive. Using another than LeLutka or Catwa is out of the question, I can simply not use more than two HUDs. Plus male heads, two different female bodies and three male bodies. That's enough HUDs for one person!

I would really like to see a male LeLutka head too.

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I enjoy the small, subtle animations that play randomly, call it a "face AO" in LeLutka. I wear Simone. I was hoping that they would release more ones.

My two female alts have Catwa heads, pre-Bento both. I am not ready to go for a LeLutka head for them yet. Because I love sales and free appliers, and Catwa has so many more.

My dream is a sale in either LeLutka or Catwa. Collecting heads is expensive. Using another than LeLutka or Catwa is out of the question, I can simply not use more than two HUDs. Plus male heads, two different female bodies and three male bodies. That's enough HUDs for one person!

They gonna add 12 new Moods  (Face AOs) to all previously released and new heads with tomorrows 3.0 update.  Meanwhile you can check them out on gogolitas flickr stream.

Edited by Jeny Howlett
  • Like 1

Oh, LAQ, I have always liked the skins from LAQ and mesh head from there was the first demo I tried. But I messed up my alphas, I could not understand why, when I used LAQ alpha, my head looked fine but my system body started to be visible. Then I gave up very quickly because it seemed complicated at that time. But I must admit that I still consider having one.

I am also on the hunt for a new Bento head and love all the great advice except the LAQ head idea which is what I have now, it has no add ons and they have had to continually update due to bad designing and now trying to find scripters to hire for help so was a very bad choice on my part. CSR told me the appliers to buy and then said it was the wrong appliers, its been a true nightmare and even the ones posting here have nothing but general "i like it" but no details because truth be told they don t know what they are doing and its extremely ugly with limit allowed changes in customizing. Yes i tried the demo first but they updated afterwards and the update was worse than the original. I went to GE AG I believe its called and tried the demo there and I like it a lot and all in one HUD which was very nice. My picture here is my LAQ head and took the shot of my chin, they have built in wrinkles that when turned off they still show under my lip so looks like i am drooling and they said they cant fix it and left me hanging, neck blender don't work and the HUD only works part of the time. I haven't decided yet which i will get now but after reading the great detailed posts here I plan to go to them all and try the different demos, thank you all for sharing this helps a lot.

6 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Omega is fairly easy to use! You just need to wear the relay-hud everytime you'll want to use an omega-applier. (But in case of Catwa, you can save the appliers in your CatwaHud once you got in on your face. I assume you can do the same with Lelutka, but I don't know for sure. I don't have one of their heads, yet.)

Catwa features addons for facial and tongue animations. You could also try ones from the Marketplace, some may work, some don't, deppending on how they did it.

Oh yeah, the duck lips. Dunno about the other heads, but boy sometimes I can't look at my face in profile.

It's possible to use some product with omega system and apply in LeLu... ?

So I think my next purchase will be Catya's, I just hope have luck with the shape, maybe I buy one and edit, they have a tons of lovely options already

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not ready to go for a LeLutka head for them yet. Because I love sales and free appliers, and Catwa has so many more.

My dream is a sale in either LeLutka or Catwa. Collecting heads is expensive. Using another than LeLutka or Catwa is out of the question.

Yes, it feels more complete and unique with so many options for Catwa, at the same time, I thought more hard edit her shape than Lelutka. I'm not sure if I will buy another heads, first because I can't for now lol Second they are both so completely that's doesnt make me wanna spend money in other, keep going with the demos

I loved the new bento heads from Lelutka, they're very different from each another, May it's my favorite. But the nose... meh.  

My classic avatar always used LAQ skins, it's one of my favorite stores for skins. I tried the LAQ head once, didn't know about these issues.

1 minute ago, Lara Aulder said:

It's possible to use some product with omega system and apply in LeLu... ?

So I think my next purchase will be Catya's, I just hope have luck with the shape, maybe I buy one and edit, they have a tons of lovely options already

Yes, under two conditions, afaik: First you need to get the omega HUD, and second, only Lelutkas Bento heads seem to be omega ready. They might have changed the second part, I'm not sure.

5 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Yes, under two conditions, afaik: First you need to get the omega HUD, and second, only Lelutkas Bento heads seem to be omega ready. They might have changed the second part, I'm not sure.

I suppose I must buy this and that's it? Cool. That's future!

I use Lelutka's Simone Bento 99% of the time. I love the look of this head and find it easy to customize.

I also use Catwa's Catya. This one is my favorite so far but like some others mentioned, the HUD can be difficult to learn. I am not taking full advantage of Catwa's product by a long shot because I just don't have the time.  She has a more youthful look than I normally go for but I find Catya a good choice and enjoy wearing the head.

Lelutka is much more streamlined and personally, I'm happy with the animations and love the appliers from various creators. 

Here's a side by side comparison of the two wearing similar makeup (not the same but the look is fairly minimal). Lelutka Simone is more mature looking, my preference. 

I also have many other heads but these are the two I work with the most.  Genesis is a fav or mine but I can't ever seem to get the head/body seam to look as perfect as Lelutka and Catwa's.

simone sl.jpg

catya sl.jpg

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.