You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi There,

I have been racking my brain for the past 2 days trying to find a simple personal prim counter. You would think that would be the most easiest thing in the world, right? No lol

- I have asked in the Builders Brewery. Some gave me options but they were not what I was after

- I have looked all over the Market Place, not much luck there either

- I have googled searched

From what I have found so far are: Most prim counters will count ALL the prims on the parcel. Some will count your own personal prims if you DEED it to the group. Some are inaccurate. Some just plain don't work.

What I am looking for: I have several shops at different sims, different locations. I need a simple prim counter that will count my personal objects and the amount of prims, giving me a tally of all of them so that I do not go over my prim count. Most of the places I am at, my objects are rezed via the group, so I can not simply just look in "About Land' and find the count there. I do have Area Search, which I have been using always to count them via that way, but it is highly time consuming when you have several shops and events you are going in all the time. I do not want one that counts everyone's prims on the entire parcel, just my own.

I know that some of the prim counters may work if you can deed it to the group, but I really want to avoid that as it is just an extra hassle.

There surely is some way to just have a script read your avatar key, or name, and some how take from the area search tool that can just tally it up that way?

It seems like such a simple thing that could be easily done. If someone could help me or point me in the direction to where I could buy something like this I would very much appreciate it.

Here are some things I have already tried:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Dr3amweaver-Prim-Counter-Deluxe/3922107 (This needs to be deed to a group)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/heX-Free-Prim-Counter/177104 (this works great but will not count the prims if they are via a group)

http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/scripting/113694-help-personal-prim-count-script.html (This is inaccurate) 

Thank you in advance

1 hour ago, IPOISONIVYI said:

I know that some of the prim counters may work if you can deed it to the group, but I really want to avoid that as it is just an extra hassle.

There surely is some way to just have a script read your avatar key, or name, and some how take from the area search tool that can just tally it up that way?

To do any search of parcel prim ownership, you have to be the parcel owner or have "owner-like permissions for the parcel", meaning that if the parcel is group owned, you have to have managerial privileges in the group. The LSL function that you use to grab the information is llGetParcelPrimOwners, which has this restriction:

Function WILL NOT work on group owned land if the owner of the object where this function resides is not currently online and connected to the sim (although now seems to be working for land owner on privately owned land even when the owner is not around).

• These limitation can be overcome by deeding the object to a group the object owner is one of the owners of.

So, if you are on group-owned land and have "owner-like permissions" and are on line, you do not need to deed the object to make it work. Take a look at this script in the LSL Library, which is pretty close to what I think you want to do.  Be sure to look at the last post in the thread, which has a version that was untangled after this Spring's redesign of the forums made a mess of earlier posts.

The only part of your question that gives me pause is the sentence that says

1 hour ago, IPOISONIVYI said:

Most of the places I am at, my objects are rezed via the group, so I can not simply just look in "About Land' and find the count there.

If you mean that the items have been deeded to the group, you no longer own them.  Any list will show the group as the owner.  If you mean that the items are just set to the group, I don't understand why you can't just look in About Land  -- as long as you own the parcel or have "owner-like permissions".  If you are not the parcel owner, of course, you can't get the detailed list of owners and their prim counts, regardless of whether you use About Land or a LSL script.

Edited by Rolig Loon

Thank you so much for your reply regarding this.

- I don't have managerial privileges in the group. I am just able to rez items

- I don't own the parcel/land

- The objects are not deeded to the group, just set to the group

Surely there is a script that uses area search, plus your avatar key, that would be able to count prims that way?

I understand what you are saying and I appreciate your help immensely as I have been racking my brain over this for days

So I guess the only way is to:

- Have Managerial privileges in the group

- Deed a prim counter to the group

- Or be the owner of the land/parcel

you could make an object with a sensor ( 96m area max) and add something like...

list details = llGetObjectDetails(id, ([OBJECT_NAME, OBJECT_ROOT, OBJECT_OWNER, OBJECT_GROUP, OBJECT_CREATOR]));

and move it around , adding to  list only if it is not in the list already?

llGetParcelPrimCount won't, I think, tell you what you want, unless you happen to be the owner of the land.   It tells you, variously, how many items there are on the land owned by the land owner, how many are either set to, or owned by, the parcel group, how many are neither set to the group nor owned by the owner, how many are selected or sat on, or how many are temp on rez.  So all you can do is find the number of objects owned by the parcel owner, not by a particular group member with rez rights.

Xiija's method is the only way I can think of to do it.   In practice it's pretty clunky and  if there's a better way I'd love to hear about it.   You'd need to rez a small scanner object that traverses the region, looking for objects belonging to you.    That's going to take quite some time, since llSensor can detect only 16 objects at a time, so you'd have to move in short steps, checking each time and rejecting duplicates.   Then consider that the parcel extends 4096.0 metres up, so the scanner has to perform these checks in 3 dimensions, so you are going to have to make multiple passes.

Things are slightly simplified if you know that the parcel you're interested in is that only one on the region owned by that person or group, because otherwise there's always the possibility that two non-contiguous parcels and sharing their land impact between them and you'd have to survey the whole region multiple times.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.