Do/can you hire people to customize your avatar to a specific look?

arlynnstrife

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not looking...yet, but I was wondering if the option was open for if/when I am ready I can fall back on it.

Like, can you give a person your temp log in details and have them make things look the way you want, then had it back over to you. Somewhere in that interaction be a form of payment? I've been wanting to replica an anime character inspired look carried over to maitreya and bento head for awhile but cannot ever make it work for me. 

So, have any of you heard of this happening before, or is it a no-no?

No, you can't and you shouldn't try it.

There is no technical option to let a person safely log into your account. Temporary log-ins do not exist and even if they did, a short timeframe would be enough to cause damage, if someone wanted to harm you (taking someones L$ would taken only seconds, for example).

But there is a way to get help without having someone else in your account. If you find someone willing and able to recreate your look, you could give them a copy of your current shape, tell them what skin you want to use and what new meshbody parts you plan to adapt. Even if the person just gets demos of all of those other parts, he or she should now be able to adjust the copy of your shape (of course, the shape needs to have the permissions enabled for another person to edit it). Your assistant could then give the shape back to you and you could of course pay them.

• Like 3

To reiterate what Syo wrote, you don't ever, EVER give out your login info to anyone. They could relay it to someone else and drain your L$'s, empty your inventory and cause general grief, all in YOUR name. You would have absolutely no defense to explain why your avi suffered such problems. LL would just smile and tell you "oops, don't do that again".

If you do find someone who could recreate what you are looking for, expect it to be labor intensive and a large charge to be expected. Perhaps then, they could NC you with the specs and you could make the adjustments accordingly.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, arlynnstrife said:

So, have any of you heard of this happening before, or is it a no-no?

As mentioned above sharing your account is a huge no-no and could end up seeing you deleted.

How I make looks for people is on my own avatar, then give them the shape and a shopping list to buy. Having an experienced person do that, using demos of the skins, hairs, bodies etc is the easiest, and also only allowed way.

There is a wanted section on these forums you could ask in, or, as you have your thread already, you could post reference pictures of the character here and see if anyone is willing to help you make them using the method I mention. Demos, and then give you the shape and a shopping list.

• Like 1

I'm not even sure if you're asking for a "personal shopper" or rather an artist to create a full custom character for you.

If it's just for the shopping, you could probably toss some cash at a person and let them send you the items as gifts. That way, if they are out to scam you, you only lose the amount of L$ you handed out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is someone that is really good with shapes and so I've considered giving her a transfer version of a shape with all of my current settings and having her make adjustments to get the look I want and then sending that modified shape back to me. 

Giving out login details however is a big no-no.  Against the TOS and really just bad for the integrity of your account.  Find another way to get what you want.

• Like 1

To be honest, it is NOT against TOS to share your password.

You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your Internet Device. You are solely responsible for any harm resulting from your disclosure, or authorization of the disclosure, of your password or from any person's use of your password to gain access to your Account or Account Name. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account, password or username, or any other breach of security related to the Service. At no time should you respond to an online request for a password other than in connection with the log-on process to the Service. Your disclosure of your password to any other person is at your own risk. If you lose access to your Account for any reason, Linden Lab may, but is not required to, attempt to restore access to your Account by verifying your Registration Data. In the event that you are unable to provide the Registration Data, Linden Lab reserves the right to suspend your Account(s).

I set the appropriate line to bold font.

However it is universally a bad idea.

On the happy side, you do have other options.  Bento heads respond to shape and it is easy enough to make, sell and give away shapes.  What character are you want to look like and which head are you using?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, draden88 said:

I don't know if my comment is off subject or not, but how, do I delete my entire inventory?

Ummm, why would you do that? 

All you have to do is select all the items inside the system folders and either hit the delete key or right click and choose delete.  For any non-system folders, just delete the folder.

But again, why would you do that?

Oh.... and @Rhonda Huntress wants your stuff.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, draden88 said:

Because I wont too, its non of your business why, I'm grown, I just want to that's all. Never ask another grown woman why she does what she does

My, my - that response sure doesn't sound like something a grown women would say.  It sounds more like a toddler response.

• Like 8

Like some others have already pointed out, it would be a really bad idea to give out your login information to anyone. If you look at the details in Rhonda's post it specifically states " Your disclosure of your password to any other person is at your own risk." In other words, they will not be responsible for any losses to your account as a result of your own negligence. 

It isn't a risk you'd have to take ...

They can take their existing shape and mod it, or if you have one in mind to use that you'd have to buy—just purchase it with your own funds and provide the stats to said individual, or create a transfer version. All of the clothing and skins should have demos available, and even some facial appliers do as well. So theoretically, it would be very possible to see exactly what you what you'd be getting before spending a dime, and more importantly it would protect your account. Once all is said and done, they could provide you with a style card so you can purchase those items and re-create the finished look.

Edited by Chase01
  • Like 1

I should have posted this earlier ...From LL Blog

We want to remind everyone that giving another Resident access to your account or account information, by any means and for any reason, is both dangerous and not permitted by the Terms of Service. An account is intended to be used solely by its creator, and keeping your account details secret and secure helps you keep it that way.

===========

While the TOS seems to imply differently, this post by Governance Linden should be sufficient warning to "do not try this at home."

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2017 at 6:48 AM, Callum Meriman said:

As mentioned above sharing your account is a huge no-no and could end up seeing you deleted.

How I make looks for people is on my own avatar, then give them the shape and a shopping list to buy. Having an experienced person do that, using demos of the skins, hairs, bodies etc is the easiest, and also only allowed way.

There is a wanted section on these forums you could ask in, or, as you have your thread already, you could post reference pictures of the character here and see if anyone is willing to help you make them using the method I mention. Demos, and then give you the shape and a shopping list.

So, this is something you do for people? If so,are you currently accepting new customers? It sounds like you know what your doing as far as helping people design their avatars and I might need a bit of help with mine too. If your interested, please send me a instant message in world and we can talk details & stuff.

you mean a stylist^^

so yeah I did and would operate the same way as Callum.

Furthermore look at blogs, flickr, groups, if you see people wearing something nice ask them (if you ask nicely most will be happy to help), you know... explore, play around with demos, HAVE FUN!!!! ;) (oh... it´s addictive... I should mention that)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.