Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

There is live chat during business hours for premium members, not sure how to access it though.

 

18 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

If you are a Premium user, you can start a Live Chat session by clicking the "Start Chart" button at https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/ . 

If there's no button, chances are you probably aren't checking in during the limited support hours.

 

 

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Live Chat is available 5am to 3pm PST every day -- at least, according to their website.

 

16 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

What problem are you having?  Maybe someone on the forums can help.

thank you so much for info, I have a trouble with my keyboard..when I logged in to sl, I cant type O, N, 9 and L correctly (example when I type "hello" it will be "hell" or "heo") its really embarrase me..so when I chat with people I always being typo so much n its really torture me because I'm a fast typer n never typo like this before, beside that I'm trying work Blender now in sl making mesh n stuff, make me cant concentrate n focus working. but when I logged off secondlife I type my keyboard normal function/correctly (tried in browser, notepad, word n here)

its like my account is being hacked or because I ever try RLV?.I dont know what is the cause n how to solve it..already write to https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/ already 3 days but still no answer. my viewer is firestorm, I thought that viewer is not safe bcus recommend from my friend but I tried changed to secondlife still typo like that, still the same..

if anyone can help, I really appreciate it

Edited by naufalfaishal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like you very well may have those keys bound as hotkeys for something. Are you sure you're not hitting the ctrl key on your keyboard when you also type those letters(some of them are actual keyboard shortcuts when used in conjunction with certain other keys), or perhaps have a sticky ctrl key(or any key really, but especially this one as it's the most common key used for keyboard shortcuts in sl). It is possible that rlv has those specific keys bound as hotkeys for something, not very common, but entirely possible I suppose. Try cleaning your keyboard too, you'd be surprised what can build up in them and cause some of the stupidest things to happen(not your fault, they're magnets for buildup after all)

What exactly happens when you hit those keys? Anything at all? Is it only when you type the capital version of those letters and number, or when you type them at all, regardless of case?  We can see from your post that you can type them outside of sl, which tells me there is probably something within sl itself, hence my thought process jumping to them being bound as hotkeys.  Have you tried to completely uninstall and reinstall sl? Make sure you turn off RLV, just in case(not saying it's anythign to do with it, but might have something to do with an attachment you have on related to it...possibly..far fetched, but possible), and log out and log back in *without having RLV on at all. Then try typing them again, by themselves (just go to an empty sim if you'd prefer, and try typing it into local, to see what happens).

It really does sound like they are bound to something, but what, precisely, I am not sure anyone can say. I'm not even sure this is something anyone at LL can help with-that might be why you haven't heard from them. But, so you know, it's not unusual at all to not hear from them for days after filing a ticket. They try to get to them, but they can't always get to them super fast, especially over a weekend. Also, if you mentioned the possibility of your account having been hacked(which is the least likely possibility here, I wouldn't even consider it a possibility at all, really, messing with your keys but touching nothing else in your account is just beyond odd, outside of the scope of most "hacks") they might be trying to investigate to see if that is the issue (they can be slow to communicate..I actually always give at least 5-ish days, before I worry about them not answering me. 

I had a keyboard once that screwed up, almost constantly in sl, but outside of it, didn't seem to have nearly as many issues. The fact that it was acting up more in sl than anywhere else was actually just a coincidence though, mostly because that was where I spent the majority of my time-so of course I saw it there more than anywhere else..my keyboard was dying(and eventually went kaput) and it would randomly screw up certain letters, it was obnoxious as all get out. 

 

Oh, I forgot something...check your gestures..make sure you do not have ANY that use those letters as the trigger...I have a gesture in my inventory somewhere that simply uses the letter e as a trigger..I keep it around because it was made by a friend that has since passed away...but it was super annoying for about a half hour until I realized why it kept going off. Not all gestures actually type something into local, they can just as easily only make a sound, or make you perform an animation...so don't only look in local for text, gestures do far more than just type words into chat. Actually look at each gesture(open the active ones...or just deactivate them all if it's too much to open each one) to see what their trigger is. 

 

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, naufalfaishal said:

its like my account is being hacked or because I ever try RLV?.I dont know what is the cause n how to solve it

1. It's got nothing to do with RLV. RLV can only interfere with chat by redirecting ALL chat to a different chat channel, then listening to that channel via a script, filtering it, and rebroadcasting on main chat (channel 0) via a scripted object, this will ALWAYS render your filtered chat as coming from an object not a person, different text colour. and the moment you switched from Firestorm to the SL viewer it would have ceased to function completely.

2. That this happens in TWO different viewers suggests either 

a) A Broken keyboard, or a keyboard thats clogged with cookie crumbs (yes that can happen, deflurb your keyboards regularly)

b) Some malware on your PC

c) You set up hotkeys on two different viewers

d) Some 'kewl' Windows utility that 'helps you' by assigning keys you use a lot as sticky or hot or some such nonsense without asking you

e) Gestures replacing letters with whatever, sounds animations or even chat on an invisible channel (used to turn 1 letter chat commands into command words on hidden channels for combat attachments for example).
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2017 at 6:02 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

No chance that your keyboard might simply be broken? 

 

On 8/6/2017 at 6:33 PM, Tari Landar said:

It sounds like you very well may have those keys bound as hotkeys for something. Are you sure you're not hitting the ctrl key on your keyboard when you also type those letters(some of them are actual keyboard shortcuts when used in conjunction with certain other keys), or perhaps have a sticky ctrl key(or any key really, but especially this one as it's the most common key used for keyboard shortcuts in sl). It is possible that rlv has those specific keys bound as hotkeys for something, not very common, but entirely possible I suppose. Try cleaning your keyboard too, you'd be surprised what can build up in them and cause some of the stupidest things to happen(not your fault, they're magnets for buildup after all)

What exactly happens when you hit those keys? Anything at all? Is it only when you type the capital version of those letters and number, or when you type them at all, regardless of case?  We can see from your post that you can type them outside of sl, which tells me there is probably something within sl itself, hence my thought process jumping to them being bound as hotkeys.  Have you tried to completely uninstall and reinstall sl? Make sure you turn off RLV, just in case(not saying it's anythign to do with it, but might have something to do with an attachment you have on related to it...possibly..far fetched, but possible), and log out and log back in *without having RLV on at all. Then try typing them again, by themselves (just go to an empty sim if you'd prefer, and try typing it into local, to see what happens).

It really does sound like they are bound to something, but what, precisely, I am not sure anyone can say. I'm not even sure this is something anyone at LL can help with-that might be why you haven't heard from them. But, so you know, it's not unusual at all to not hear from them for days after filing a ticket. They try to get to them, but they can't always get to them super fast, especially over a weekend. Also, if you mentioned the possibility of your account having been hacked(which is the least likely possibility here, I wouldn't even consider it a possibility at all, really, messing with your keys but touching nothing else in your account is just beyond odd, outside of the scope of most "hacks") they might be trying to investigate to see if that is the issue (they can be slow to communicate..I actually always give at least 5-ish days, before I worry about them not answering me. 

I had a keyboard once that screwed up, almost constantly in sl, but outside of it, didn't seem to have nearly as many issues. The fact that it was acting up more in sl than anywhere else was actually just a coincidence though, mostly because that was where I spent the majority of my time-so of course I saw it there more than anywhere else..my keyboard was dying(and eventually went kaput) and it would randomly screw up certain letters, it was obnoxious as all get out. 

 

Oh, I forgot something...check your gestures..make sure you do not have ANY that use those letters as the trigger...I have a gesture in my inventory somewhere that simply uses the letter e as a trigger..I keep it around because it was made by a friend that has since passed away...but it was super annoying for about a half hour until I realized why it kept going off. Not all gestures actually type something into local, they can just as easily only make a sound, or make you perform an animation...so don't only look in local for text, gestures do far more than just type words into chat. Actually look at each gesture(open the active ones...or just deactivate them all if it's too much to open each one) to see what their trigger is. 

 

 

On 8/6/2017 at 9:22 PM, Klytyna said:

1. It's got nothing to do with RLV. RLV can only interfere with chat by redirecting ALL chat to a different chat channel, then listening to that channel via a script, filtering it, and rebroadcasting on main chat (channel 0) via a scripted object, this will ALWAYS render your filtered chat as coming from an object not a person, different text colour. and the moment you switched from Firestorm to the SL viewer it would have ceased to function completely.

2. That this happens in TWO different viewers suggests either 

a) A Broken keyboard, or a keyboard thats clogged with cookie crumbs (yes that can happen, deflurb your keyboards regularly)

b) Some malware on your PC

c) You set up hotkeys on two different viewers

d) Some 'kewl' Windows utility that 'helps you' by assigning keys you use a lot as sticky or hot or some such nonsense without asking you

e) Gestures replacing letters with whatever, sounds animations or even chat on an invisible channel (used to turn 1 letter chat commands into command words on hidden channels for combat attachments for example).
 

"What exactly happens when you hit those keys? Anything at all?" nothing happen, just still same case when I type "n,o,j and 9" its like holding sometimes can sometimes cant n yes looks like have keys bound as hotkeys triggered here, if 1 key got error maybe i dont mind but i have 4 keys really annoys me :(

"moment you switched from Firestorm to the SL viewer it would have ceased to function completely." This one when I switch firestorm to sl is already happening the error key on my firestorm, thats why i switch to sl viewer to test it.. i thought its from firestorm..but when im in sl viewer it still broken

beside that I still cant solve it until now made me unmood to do activity like blender n making mesh also, even they're my new hobby :(.. but I'll try do all your recommend like deactivate gesture keys n clean up keyboard cookie..if still same maybe yes its from my pc/broken keyboard or the viruses,

but what i saw since the problem happen until now,
theres something like remoting my that 4 keys, sometimes they release the "n,o,j,9"  so i can type them correctly sometimes they hold it (so i cant type them)..when they hold it I cant type them until they release it.. ive been googling also n read/learn about remoting n found teamviewer articles, ive ever heard also about this the program who can control our pc, im scared my pc got remote by that/someone..but the strange i did type/find "teamviewer" non on them installed on my pc, scared its hidden too
also i read this articles: "Chrome Remote Desktop allows users to remotely access another computer through Chrome browser"
cus dont know the one who made my key error n this one, Ive found suspicous family on my firestorm log..even my real family (in my home, example: my dad mom bro or sister) dont have that intel pro i6 (sorry if my english not too good)

this:

598c8ee3cac43_zfamily.png.a6c396c223f9763c5774588874126030.png

im scared someone in sl really hacks me because many smart people in there who understand scripting n other, scared someone puting/sending illegal script to my inventory folder in sl, or someone was really installed teamviewer on my pc?
i dont know how to block/delete or kick that pc/remote..
Tbh i ever offer my laptop when my laptop got broke to the one sl user in rl, i just met him once in rl idk why i easy believe to him that time to fix my pc because he's my best friend in sl n never get fight. but now im scared of him putting illegal/hidden program or teamviewer when he reinstall/fixing my pc,
Thats why i ask live chat to LL i wanna get help checking his pc is the intel premium pr i6 or not (even he tried change another pc, im sure linden labs has track history of pc he used before) because his nut job holding my 4 keys always happening..
I'm honestly scared also it will be long last as he dont get enough playing/holding my keyboard (idk for make fun of it with his friends/group) ive been confused of it..n if my thought is real he;s really must know its not a joke, it was about wasting people time who really wanna work n i think its kind of cyber crime

but thank u so much for the help..I really appreciate it, if u guys have another solve about how to find/kick the hidden teamviewer/hidden remote please tell/poke me..i will really thanking cus ive been tired of my keyboard n basicly still newbie/dont understand about that program

Edited by naufalfaishal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, let me try and help a little bit here.

Do you use an antivirus program? If so, run it, let it scan your pc. If you do tno have one, at least try and use AVG, it's free, and relatively user friendly, so a language barrier won't stop you from using it. Install it, then scan your pc as the instructions on screen tell you to. 

This scan will let you know if you have any viruses/malware/other bad stuff on your pc. It will also tell you exactly how to deal with it.

Teamviewer is something you not only need to download, but also install on your pc, and run, you would have known if you'd done this. (please be careful with googling, odds are pretty great you're going to find a lot of bad stuff, all of it will make you freak out, and little to none of it is true). If you did not find teamviewer on your pc, it's not there. It doesn't hide itself, a search will find it. 

Remote view, is also something you need to tell your pc to do.

Unless you frequently click on links you do not know, or download things that you do not know, odds are pretty darn good, no one has done anything at all to your pc

I think you're being overly paranoid, and it's because you do not quite understand a lot of things related to your pc-it's ok, most people do not understand technology as well as they could. But it's making you freak out a bit. 

The screenshot you posted, where it said family...is perfectly fine. It is telling you the family of your CPU. In other words, it is just giving you information about your CPU, nothing more, nothing less. There is nothing in that screenshot to worry about. Family does not refer to your actual family :) 

No one can stick illegal folders in your inventory. Even if someone in sl did manage sending you a link that you clicked on, it wouldn't affect your sl like that. No hacker is going to steal your account information, just to make certain keys hot, or sticky keys. If someone were going to hack your account they would be stealing your stuff, stealing your money, possibly doing bad things on your account in your name, even deleting your account...and you are experiencing none of that. So please quit thinking someone hacked your account, or did something to your sl account. What you are experiencing is so far out of the realm of that even being possible at this point.

Try getting another keyboard and hooking it up. If the same thing happens, you indeed have hot keys set up somewhere, and will likely need someone(who understands your pc better) to help you figure out what they are attached to. If it does not happen, your other(current) keyboard is broken, and your problem is solved. Keyboards are dirt cheap these days, odds are great you have a family member or friend that has a keyboard you can use..so try that. 

I really think you're being overly paranoid and likely blaming your friend for something he did not do. You need to try everything else *first* before blaming him, unless of course you don't want to be friends with him anymore. If I were your friend, and had fixed your pc, and you went around blaming me for something that went wrong later, I'd not likely want to be your friend anymore. If I was your friend and I saw you talking about it on a forum, saying that I probably did something bad to your pc, I most definitely would not want to be your friend anymore.

So...take a breath, relax, run a virus scan, check your gestures inworld as I explained above, also check what happens with a new keyboard...and then come back. Stop googling the problem, you're freaking your own self out, probably for nothing.  LL may be able to help you, but they might also not be able to. It is entirely likely that it is something super simple. The folks at LL are not necessarily tech geeks who can fix any pc problem. If you keep throwing around words like hacked and such, they're going to assume you have been, and it's going to take longer to fix. 

:D 

I do hope you figure it out. I know how frustrating it can be..but please, calm down, and try the things suggested, and then come back to us with info, so we can better help. Freaking out won't make this any easier to fix, and will only make you google things that will freak you out more :D Sometimes google is not your friend, lol. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2017 at 1:34 PM, Tari Landar said:

Ok, let me try and help a little bit here.

Ms.Tari thanks for all your help n recommendation, sorry for the late reply n
sorry about tellin my friend (but i dont tell his/her name) because sometimes they being quite now after reinstall my pc, its like they talk about something in IM/their group cus they always active talk also with me before the reinstalling moment, im scared they talk about me bcus they put illegal program like can read all activity on my pc..wanna ask them but im sure if that real happen they wont tell about it to me if the object talk is me..so i was like frustate finding the causes n solving this problem alone also, so my brain like finding anything til get solved. I wish my thought not true n sorry once again dont mean add anything, it just like flow from my brain  n wanna share the story after before the key accident..
about antivirus, sometimes antivirus like not friend also here specially for gamers/modders, maybe u know the reason, example like avast antivirus theres feature "turn on quite mode for gaming" but not works 100%, n ever happen sometimes they read "exe" as an virus even an legal exe even I ever run that program n its work not a viruses thats why I dont use antivirus..sometimes i do manual cleaning  like disc cleanup or deleting manual from temporary folder also clearing cache from sl i did but my keyboard issue still happen so I reinstall my windows :(  But once again thanks for all, I'll try deactivate all gestures when I back to sl maybe from them..may I add u inworld? maybe can ask u again if I have something I dont understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...