Hud Help - Maitreya mesh body Lara

stephanierubyxo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am 2 days old on SL and decided to purchase my first body shape, I went with the Maitreya mesh body Lara and I love it. The thing is I am having so much trouble with Huds, I'm not sure if I'm attaching them wrong or even know how to use them. I know the body mesh comes with like 3(?) Huds but when I do the "Attach to Hud" it doesn't show up in my screen. Its been like that with any Hud I try using. I hope someone can help. Thanks!

2 hours ago, stephanierubyxo said:

Hello, I am 2 days old on SL and decided to purchase my first body shape, I went with the Maitreya mesh body Lara and I love it. The thing is I am having so much trouble with Huds, I'm not sure if I'm attaching them wrong or even know how to use them. I know the body mesh comes with like 3(?) Huds but when I do the "Attach to Hud" it doesn't show up in my screen. Its been like that with any Hud I try using. I hope someone can help. Thanks!

If I attach a hud that disappears off screen, I find it in my inventory, right click and edit and when the arrows appear on the screen, I drag the little sucker across into view.  Also the Lara hud can minimise into a smaller hud.  Once you have located and repositioned it on your screen, tap it and see.  Hope this helps. I also found this which might help

Out of the box, you should be able to simply "add" (or "wear" which will work but can affect other objects) the HUD and it will appear in the preset place, the top-left of your screen. However if you have already specified a HUD position that will have changed the preset location, so you need to re-position it. Attach it to the HUD top-left position, and as Cindy said, edit its position, either using the arrows or by adjusting the numbers in the "Object" tab of the edit window.

Edited by angeoco

Once editing, if its totally off your screen, arrows included you can make it a little easier by holding down Ctrl and using your scroll wheel on the mouse to temporarily resize the hud working space, gives you a simple white box shape of "what you can see by default", up/down is shrink/grow, lets you zip it over using the arrows rather than the numbers. Don't worry, the resize vanishes soon as you stop editing huds. 

I think you should read some tutorials, like this: http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-tutorials/848-2/

Please remember that there may be some slight changes in the looks of the HUD. The tutorial was written in 2015 and there has been updates. The page mesh Body Addicts has video tutorials too.

I am not sure where you got the idea that there should be three HUDs. The main HUD has three pages that are alpha, layers, skins & options.

You should normally not ever use the "Attach to..." when you wear things that are ready to be used. You should just use "add". If you used "Attach to", and then picked a place where it is not meant to be, it is going off screen, it can be turned upside down or with the back against you.

I would actually recommend you to unpack a new copy of the body, and then click add for the Maitreya Mesh Body - HUD V4.1. It should turn up in the upper left corner of your screen. You then click on it to open it, and click on it again to close it, so it does not take up too much room on the screen.

The Maitreya Mesh Body - AO Hand Poses HUD V4.1 is a small circle. It can be hidden behind another HUD or be hard to see. On my laptop screen, it is hidden behind Maitreya Mesh Body - HUD V4.1. You don't need this HUD, because it is already in the main HUD, under "Skins and options".

I think starting fresh with a new one is better than trying to correct something that can just be confusing and difficult. If you get the HUD up correct now, delete the one that does not show up.

Edited by Marianne Little

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure where you got the idea that there should be three HUDs. The main HUD has three pages that are alpha, layers, skins & options.

There is a 3rd HUD in the folder, but it is only for when you want to change the color of the bra and panty.  That HUD attaches to Top, though I don't remember where it actually positions on the screen. 

For me, the AO Hand Poses attached pretty much directly behind the primary Maitreya HUD - or in the same location if you don't have the main HUD attached (i.e. upper left)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.