For full mesh avatars only:

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can I pick only mesh feet? Because that would be my choice. I can do without mesh body and head...and in fact did perfectly fine just like that up until earlier this year.

I came about getting a mesh body in a completely different way than most people though, and would have never bought one of my own accord, regardless of my linden balance, because I saw no need, and had no desire whatsoever. Feet, however, I have had for ages-first sculpt, then mesh lol, because system feet are fugly-huge emphasis on the ug. I'm also almost always barefoot. 

I could, and would, easily go back to all system body/head, except feet, and be perfectly content with myself, though :D  The only reason I still have a mesh head and body on is because I'm too lazy to even change my clothes more than once a week -usually more like once every few months. Forget changing everything (yes I know, it requires one folder...I'm still too lazy, have better things to do, lol)

• Like 1

I agree with @Tari, I think the feets and hands are indispensable, but they can't be compared with the face (that gets more attention) so I probably would keep my head instead of the body.

I really liked my classic body with curves (without counting hands and feets), but the feet could be easily hided with a mesh shoe with feet. Besides I miss the mesh clothes with sizes, there's a lot of them I can't use it anymore in my inventory.

The problem with the mesh face is that many people look alike. But it definitely made my life more practical, both of them. All those freaking "invisible" layers was really annoying.

The funny fact is I had never see an avatar with a body mesh and a classic head. It's a mesh epidemic and i'm loving it!

Like most others in this thread, I would ditch the mesh head and keep the body (although, since I wear Slink, I'd also be keeping the hands and feet). I'm a relatively new convert to mesh heads (the last three or four months), but I've worn my mesh body for two and a half years and I wouldn't want to get rid of it now. I really love the two mesh heads that I currently have, but I've noticed that it's much harder for me to achieve certain looks with them that I often created with ease on my system head.

• 3 weeks later...

I would definitely keep my meshbody.

The 1st time I logged in I screamed so hard when I saw those things they named feet. My first purchases had been prim shoes then meshbody (I never liked the seamline between feet and LL avie).

Sometimes when I dig into my old snapshots, I do miss my old face so I would be ok to go back to that but definitely keeping my meshbody.

On 8/4/2017 at 4:03 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

I would keep the body, more importantly the feet.  I am barefoot in sl 99%  of the time and when mesh feet got rid of the horrible classic feet I was overjoyed.

Ditto!!! <3 :D

FEET.jpg

Edited by Chase01
  • Like 3

The only full mesh avatar I have currently is the Kemono.  I guess I could walk around in just the head or just the body but its a bit of a style clash.  If I had to pick one part of the classic avatar body to replace with mesh, it'd be the feet.  I don't own Slink feet (yet) but overwhelmingly the shoes I see on the marketplace are rigged for Slink.  Sometimes I can make a Slink boot work with an alpha and a shoebase but most of the time I'm out of luck.  Slink feet are definitely my next major purchase, I'm just dragging my heels (ha) about it.

I've been using full mesh avatar for a year . I would choose to keep the head because I'm contended with the preset makeup .. But if you want to have full option on make-up etc U would keep the body and change the head ... But keep in mind that sticking to a mesh body the clothing option will be so limited and as underwear lingerie etc good luck because it's impossible to non. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.